PDA

View Full Version : MTM stage 1

OGD's 02' A4
09-26-2005, 02:23 PM
champgane would install one for $600. bumps me up to 205hp.

have any of you had any dealings with these guys or more specifically MTM products?

Ive read a few reveiws on them and it seems like a good product but i wanted some advice from the local crew before i did anything.

thx

RobT
09-28-2005, 07:58 AM
Don't know for sure about the MTM chip for the 1.8T, but MTM makes good products. Champagne actually tests stuff for them to make sure they work well at our altitude.

Champagne is a great place though. They won't steer you wrong, and know their stuff for sure, just look at their Pikes Peak HC results.

Rob

Matav23
09-28-2005, 08:14 AM
The guys there are good, if you have any questions talk to Brian he knows a lot. I have never heard anything bad about MTM, thats really all I can say.

TXCOS4
09-28-2005, 10:15 PM
I have an MTM chip on my S4 and it rund really well. I also have some comparing trials. My buddy just flashed me with the ReVo trial software on my stock ECU and I like the MTM better than the ReVo. Hope this info helps in your decision.

Taylor@SETuning
09-29-2005, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by TXCOS4
I have an MTM chip on my S4 and it rund really well. I also have some comparing trials. My buddy just flashed me with the ReVo trial software on my stock ECU and I like the MTM better than the ReVo. Hope this info helps in your decision. s4's react different to REVO then the 1.8t does... there are alot of people that love the revo software on there 1.8ts

CO AVANT
09-29-2005, 07:55 AM
For the price you pay for the MTM name, you could get software and bigger injectors from a tuner like revO or Giac and have way more power, and thus better bang for the buck.

TXCOS4
09-29-2005, 01:24 PM
Or you can buy a whole new ECU with an MTM chip from someone for cheaper than a ReVo flash.

CO AVANT
09-29-2005, 02:04 PM
Or you can buy a whole new ECU with an MTM chip from someone for cheaper than a ReVo flash.

Your ecu and mtm chip is for a 2.7TT B5S4 correct? Well, isn't OGD's car a b6a4 1.8t? So no, he couldn't buy that from you.

Taylor@SETuning
09-29-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by CO AVANT
Your ecu and mtm chip is for a 2.7TT B5S4 correct? Well, isn't OGD's car a b6a4 1.8t? So no, he couldn't buy that from you. he it talking in general he isnt trying to sell his... and i would have to say that REVO is the best bang for the buck. Atleast from us as we do not charge for install like 99% of the other dealers do. It is $499 plus tax.

TXCOS4
09-29-2005, 03:09 PM
Never mind you didnt understand me. I was just giving some experience I had with MTM. Yes we are a different car but he asked if anyone had any dealings with MTM. I like it for my car. Revo for 1.8t's are great, but the original discussion was about MTM, and I was just giving my experience for it. I got lucky and purchased a chipped ECU used for cheaper than a Revo flash but I was lucky. Im not bashing anything just giving some experience I have had. Revo is awesome for 1.8t applications.

CO AVANT
09-29-2005, 05:27 PM

This is why I made my previous post......it almost hints that you are the "someone". Guess I just took it the wrong way.

OGD's 02' A4
09-30-2005, 09:42 AM
thanks for all the input guys, but my concern is too much power and that power tearing my TIP up.

what am i looking at in getting a revo or giac as far out increases etc.

thanks for bearing with a newb here, all the ecu stuff is still pretty foreign to me........

CO AVANT
09-30-2005, 11:09 AM
there are a couple guys with K04 kits and tips on the forums.....so you should be fine with programming and injectors. Just try to keep the HP increases under 240hp.

Taylor@SETuning
10-01-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by CO AVANT
there are a couple guys with K04 kits and tips on the forums.....so you should be fine with programming and injectors. Just try to keep the HP increases under 240hp. and with revo you will be under that...