PDA

View Full Version : accidednt update.

nizmosx
09-26-2005, 11:09 AM
hey guys the damage is already set at 7100 total for complete repair including all my aftermarket stuff like bumper and intercooler, and i will be getting a set of ecodes out of it. I guess headlights are only sold in pairs and since i have s4 zenon housings we just put down that i have ecodes. So i think i will be getting that out of the accident. If not i will pay the difference. Ohh by the way, the guy that hit me wants to pay and have it done at his body shop but im not having that. He is shoked because he says the damage is only about 1500, What a numbnut.

94jedi
09-26-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by nizmosx
hey guys the damage is already set at 7100 total for complete repair including all my aftermarket stuff like bumper and intercooler, and i will be getting a set of ecodes out of it. I guess headlights are only sold in pairs and since i have s4 zenon housings we just put down that i have ecodes. So i think i will be getting that out of the accident. If not i will pay the difference. Ohh by the way, the guy that hit me wants to pay and have it done at his body shop but im not having that. He is shoked because he says the damage is only about 1500, What a numbnut.

Wow- good thing he had insurance. Just have his insurance handle it man. No sense in having him pay for it out of pocket. And like I said before- DON'T have it done at his shop. That's a bad idea. Get things done the right way. I hope you get a rental car out of this!

Daft
09-26-2005, 12:03 PM
$7100?!?!?!

That's alot of $$. Last I checked, a used 99-00 A4 1.8TQ retailed for about $12-13K on a dealer's lot. That's almost enough repair costs to total the car. It all depends on what they find for local sales of that type of vehicle with your same number of miles/features.

scooter44
09-26-2005, 12:16 PM
yea that is a lot of money. how about sell the remains of your car, and get an S4!!!!

mauah

RedRocket
09-26-2005, 12:24 PM
haha, tell that retard it aint happening. 1500 bucks my a$$. A real "Numbnut" like you said. $1500 will not even cover the cosmetics lol.

Quattrocket
09-26-2005, 12:34 PM
my accident cost 10k only a fender bender. no wonder insurance is so expensive.

MR VTEC
09-26-2005, 12:48 PM
your stock s4 lights cost more than ecodes just to let you know. (that's if you buy them from a dealer)

b00st
09-26-2005, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Quattrocket
my accident cost 10k only a fender bender. no wonder insurance is so expensive.

you got that right...I'm in the biz.

people have no clue...i would figure this guy who has the body shop should know the cost of labor and parts...it ain't cheap...labor rates only go up as do the parts....so for him to say 1500...that right there was a real nice easy clue that you would be screwed if you took it to him nismo. i have a friend since high school who owns 12 body shops in burbs of chicago. he tells me how it works with the body shop world and i tell him how it works with the insurance world. i had him re-paint my front bumper and rears and lowers on them....the sides still looked OK. Took a lot of rock chips from salt trucks last winter...I really need to invest in one of those clear bras....when I go rieger front bumper...I will definitely invest.

b00st
09-26-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Daft
$7100?!?!?!

That's alot of $$. Last I checked, a used 99-00 A4 1.8TQ retailed for about $12-13K on a dealer's lot. That's almost enough repair costs to total the car. It all depends on what they find for local sales of that type of vehicle with your same number of miles/features.

right....some insurance companies go with 75% or 80%...others are at a 90-95% of total of the car before they total them out. They go with which ever is cheaper....if its cheaper to total the car out then they total it out. Otherwise they fix it because it was cheaper to pay the parts & labor on it. in this case they decided that it was cheaper to fix than total. sux though cuz sometimes you'd rather take the fix than the total...if they give a check for 10K or something perhaps you don't find another a4 for that price....with the same miles...and other things considered...you get my point though.

Audimarc
09-26-2005, 02:32 PM
I hope there is no frame damage....if so, it will never ride the same.....get it done somewhere good, make sure the doors align and so forth...

b00st
09-26-2005, 03:07 PM
yup you gotta go to a PRO shop. they meet standards that insurance companies are looking for....if they are a PRO shop they have a good rep, meet "X" of sq. footage space, "X" number of employees, must have "X" number of years in the body shop biz...as do the employees, etc.

diegomatrix
09-26-2005, 03:59 PM
damn....that's worth more than my car when i got it....

nizmosx
09-27-2005, 04:22 PM
well im having everything done at m1autobody which is where everything was done before numbnut hit me. I tried to give the fellow the benifit of the doubt to pay for it but thats a no go. I dont think there are frame damage i have a list of everything that needs replaceing
hood
left fender
both headlights, only one damaged, yet sold in pair
reiger bumper
greddy intercooler
bumper support
bumper shock absorbers, 184 a peice
tire
rim
gravel gaurd and other misc items
the labor is almost the same amount as the parts and lets not forget paint too. If they totalled out the car i would still keep it, since i just put in that new engine. haha, that engine and install almost cost me 5000 out of my own pocket. The frame is not damaged tho so thats good.
a little tidbit you guys might want to know if you dont know already but suposedly the a4s frame is 3 peices.
When i got into my other accident i was told there was frame damage, I asked if it will hinder the cars performace and the body shop told me no. He said they a4s have 3 peice frames and that they would replace the damaged frame with a new one rather than repair it. Thought you guys might want to know. Thats what they told me and they work on A4s all th time...

www.m1autobody.com
www.m1autosport.com

thanks for all the help fellas.

by the way they gave me a kia amanti(luxary kia) and it broke down on me on the way to sea world. So they now hooked me up with a 05 volvo s40 and i love it....

Audimarc
09-27-2005, 04:52 PM
Fuck. You are going to have a whole new car man. New engine, new paint, new body. Cool. Resale is going to suck though...

nizmosx
09-27-2005, 04:56 PM
meh, i plan to keep it for a while, im looking into buying a commemerative 80's turbo z at the moment. if i get that, it will be my new project. I will keep the audi offcourse. Im building the audi for some fine track days. once i have brakes and a clutch done up, the car is done. Maybe ill get a racing seat... Audimarc when i get my car back ill hit you up. I live like 5 mins from you. We can check out each others cars. get some ideas. see ya

Audimarc
09-27-2005, 04:59 PM
That's awesome! I really wanna see it! I did some track in the old days and Audis are a perfect base for that kind of driving. I am really glad that you kept the car (I remember urging you to do so).

Marc

nizmosx
09-27-2005, 05:11 PM
Yea thanks very much, i wouldnt be a happy person if i would have gotten rid of it.

Audimarc
09-27-2005, 05:13 PM
I believe it. I hated losing cars in the past, most of which would be worth huge dollars today. Fuck.