PDA

View Full Version : Most aggressive "sport" springs?

TurboForTheWin
09-26-2005, 03:58 AM
Hey guys, Im looking to run an aggressive sport spring on my factory shocks until I get my coilover kit in the spring.

Whats a good spring to look at for the price? Im looking to stay under $200.

SeanF
09-26-2005, 06:24 AM
id guess HR would be the most agressive

you can get neuspeeds for 200shipped on ebay...

onemoremile
09-26-2005, 08:25 AM
sport springs on oem struts probably won't make you happy. the oem struts won't be able to control the higher spring rate.

if you are looking for something to get you through the winter then look for used bilsteins to mount your factory springs on. the result will be much more comfortable and still have enough ground clearance to get you through the winter. if you find a decent deal you should be able to sell them in the spring for the same amount you paid for them.

OutkastSL
09-26-2005, 08:34 AM
if you are getting coilovers in the spring, just wait till then and save your money. it'll just be a waste of time and money.

onemoremile
09-26-2005, 01:49 PM
it depends on what winters are like in RI. i pull the coilovers off and run stock sport suspension in the winter. it takes a lot less time to swap the strut assemblies then it does to raise or lower the whole car a couple inches.
if you pick up a couple extra strut top mounts then you can pre-assemble the fronts. then you won't need spring compressors to do the fronts at all.