PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Question

Stashman94
05-22-2015, 12:19 PM
I was looking at my control arms recently and I noticed that a lot of the bushing on the front are starting to go bad, along with a ball joint on the rear passenger side. I've already found all of the bushings for the front, but can't seem to find the part I need for the rear at all. At first, I was just going to try to replace the ball joint, but I'm starting to find that that isn't an option. Now I'm trying to find just the lower control arm for the rear passenger side but I haven't been able to find one by itself, just kits. I'm probably going to replace all of the control arms some time in the next few months after I've saved up a little bit of money (college kid that just went on summer break and started working again) but for now I only want the cheapest option to replace the ball joint so it doesn't break on me. Does anyone have any ideas?

Audibot
05-22-2015, 12:46 PM
I'm sure you have, but have you checked FCP Euro? I know they have a lot of parts, and great prices on suspension pieces, plus an amazing warranty. I've never been able to find separate ball joints, but that may be a good place to attempt looking if you haven't already.

Bordom
05-22-2015, 12:49 PM
Are you talking about the rear end?

Everything graciously mispelled by Android

LA4
05-22-2015, 12:51 PM
I assume when you say rear passenger you mean the rear upper/lower arm on the passengers side in the front of the car? Or are you talking about the rear suspension?

Speaking from experience (and also being a somewhat-broke college student) I would just wait and then buy the FCP kit and replace everything.

I went about replacing my front suspension in the most retarded way possible. A single part would fail, I'd go pay $50 for a single control arm, and then shell out $75-100 for an alignment afterwards. Few months later, another suspension component would fail.

Just save up $300, buy the FCP Euro kit, replace all the control arms, tie rods, sway links, etc. Then get 1 alignment.

Stashman94
05-22-2015, 01:15 PM
I'm talking about the back end of the car, NOT the front. I checked FCP but couldn't find just a lower passenger side control arm for the rear suspension.

I understand that this is a very inefficient and stupid way of replacing the suspension, but I can't afford to get the entire kit right now. If I could, trust me, I'd hop all over that bad boy, but $300 for my car just isn't in the budget right now. I just need to find one that will last me a month, then I'll be able to afford the kit and another alignment and be all good. Just looking for a quick fix so I can have peace of mind while driving back and forth to work.

I also don't really know if driving on this one would be too great of an idea for much longer, the rubber boot has already completely fallen off and it's got a lot of play in it.