PDA

View Full Version : seafoam kicks ass

Quattrocket
09-25-2005, 05:12 PM
so I just seafoamed me and my GFs car and now the idle has smoothed right out and her car is quieter than ever. my car put out a crap load of smoke, filled pretty well the entire neighbourhood.

AFOUR_PLAY
09-25-2005, 06:31 PM
Can someone please explain what seafoam is and what it does?

I've heard it mentioned before that it's used for cleaning the engine internals or something but am unsure.

Crisqo
09-25-2005, 06:33 PM
seafoamsales.com

Kruat
09-25-2005, 07:34 PM
Search, there was a huge thread on it. I have yet to try it. Bought a couple cans, just waiting till I have to do an oil change.

rowdysaudi1
09-25-2005, 08:26 PM
No one has put up a f'n picuture for the easiest vac tube for a 1.8T!!! Please someone do it!

General Jackson
09-26-2005, 05:34 AM
I know... The vac line for the 1.8T still isn't posted! I did some research though and found out that it's the little braided lines that feed into your manifold. You'll see one in the front of the engine by the throttle body and the 2nd one straight behind it, over by the firewall. You don't need to remove the plastic cover to get to them. They are very easy to see.

Someone still needs to post a picture though. I plan to do it, but it will be a few days.

Rgds,
General Jackson

RippleChip
09-26-2005, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Quattrocket
so I just seafoamed me and my GFs car and now the idle has smoothed right out and her car is quieter than ever. my car put out a crap load of smoke, filled pretty well the entire neighbourhood.

Nice, where did you end up picking up the cans of Seafoam?

RedRocket
09-26-2005, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by RippleChip

Go the the link Crisqo put down. They will tell you where to get it. I found a place by my house. I think it's seafoamsales.com

RippleChip
09-26-2005, 10:14 AM
Cool.

There's a Napa and CarQuest close to my place...perfect.

General Jackson
09-26-2005, 11:06 AM
I went to Advanced autoparts

Quattrocket
09-26-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by RippleChip
I got mine at CarQuest. I think they are the best bet.

IKE20VA4
09-26-2005, 12:56 PM
yeah, autozone has it, napa has it. just do it in the vac line that comes right off the manifold on the 1.8t just unhook that hose, hook a new one onto the manifold point, then put it in a bucket of seamfoam and slowly very slowly suck it up

rowdysaudi1
09-27-2005, 08:18 PM
Okay, so for the 1.8T we're all agreed that the vac line leading to the TB wall is the line to use for seafoam -1/2 a can?? Is it easy to put back on and do i need to cover the other hole (where the vac line came off of...)? My car is 01...so I'm not sure if everything is the same. I sent pics to neo and Gen. jackson, but no replies or posts of the edited pics yet. Hopefully one of you guys can get them up before this weekend - if you could, i would most appreciate it.

qtek16
09-28-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by rowdysaudi1
Okay, so for the 1.8T we're all agreed that the vac line leading to the TB wall is the line to use for seafoam -1/2 a can?? Is it easy to put back on and do i need to cover the other hole (where the vac line came off of...)? My car is 01...so I'm not sure if everything is the same. I sent pics to neo and Gen. jackson, but no replies or posts of the edited pics yet. Hopefully one of you guys can get them up before this weekend - if you could, i would most appreciate it.

whole can,the another can, half between crankcase and gas tank

diegomatrix
09-29-2005, 03:13 AM
hmmm... you guys been saying seafoam every 50k....
mine has like 100k+ and has never been seafoamed before.... i worry what it'll do to my turbo... =(

Neo1130
09-29-2005, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by diegomatrix
i worry what it'll do to my turbo... =(

Why are you guys still shitting yourself over this stuff? See how many people have done it.... Dealers do it on a daily basis and yet nothing goes wrong and you still shit your pants.... Do it!! [wrench]

diegomatrix
09-29-2005, 04:21 AM
hmm..it's true they do it on a daily basis...but they don't do it to 100k+ turbo cars that have not been seafoamed before....

the fear is that bigger deposits dislodged from the engine could damage the turbo... kaboom~ hahaha...

i dunno...i'll prolly try it... hope no kaboom for me =)

Daft
09-29-2005, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Neo1130
Dealers do it on a daily basis and yet nothing goes wrong and you still shit your pants.... Do it!! [wrench]

YEAH! http://www.hostdub.com/albums/turbo90awd/do_it.jpg

Neo1130
09-29-2005, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by diegomatrix
hmm..it's true they do it on a daily basis...but they don't do it to 100k+ turbo cars that have not been seafoamed before....

the fear is that bigger deposits dislodged from the engine could damage the turbo... kaboom~ hahaha...

i dunno...i'll prolly try it... hope no kaboom for me =)

Yeah, the problem with that though is that it would be a minimal ammount if any... Don't forget it will go through the wastegate... I would be more worried about it dislodging and getting stuck in the cat heating it up and melting it down...

nizmosx
09-29-2005, 03:20 PM
NOTHING WILL GET STUCK JUST DO IT ALREADY, everything breaks down burns out or ends up in your oil, Dont drive cross country, drive 100-200 miles change your oil and gas and be over it. YOU people are over thinking this too much. And as for vacume hoses, it doesnt matter that much, i just used the one going from the dv to the intake mani. worked fine. happy with results. that is all

rowdysaudi1
09-29-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Neo1130
Yeah, the problem with that though is that it would be a minimal ammount if any... Don't forget it will go through the wastegate... I would be more worried about it dislodging and getting stuck in the cat heating it up and melting it down...

DUDE, i sent you pictures to post! That was hard work for me...post em man...

bOOOOstedAudi
10-13-2005, 07:17 PM
i just used it. man that stuf really does work.

almaster666
10-13-2005, 07:21 PM
anyone got pics of the clouds of smoke?
i wanna do it, but i dont want some neighbor to call the fire department

LateraLex
10-13-2005, 07:39 PM
DIY Seafoam (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62927) with pics..

bOOOOstedAudi
10-13-2005, 07:46 PM
no it is "alot" of smoke and it last for a while. i went to drive and my whole area of the city was smoked up and people though my car was on fire but its work it

Quattrocket
10-14-2005, 01:21 PM
umm i filled pretty well the entire neighbourhood with smoke. especially when i drove it around the block to do some WOT passes to get it all out. I got some pics and a video if you want to see. Ill have to upload them later

bOOOOstedAudi
10-14-2005, 01:42 PM
yeah my smoke lasted a while. man its ALOT of smoke