PDA

View Full Version : My first build thread and 6th set of turbos

Pages : [1] 2 3

CELison
05-17-2015, 11:31 AM
Some background on the car. I bought it in 09 with 83k on the clock. GIAC chip and borla exhaust. Everything else stock. Blew a turbo 3k miles later and it's been a slippery slope. Put K04s in during the fall of 09, about a year later my air filter collapsed, sucked in the shit from the bottom of the air box and killed both turbos. This was right around the time when the first FH4 turbos were coming out so I went that route. A year into that I had wastegate problems and Doug@ft sent me a set of f21s. I then had wastegate issues with these too, which Doug again took care of. A couple weeks ago I got a rattle from the driver side turbo/manifold area. This ended up being a cracked manifold. A piece broke off and took out my driver side turbo.

Fortunately this happened the day after I was offered an engineering position at B.Braun Medical so I figured if the motor is coming out I'm going to put rods in it. So that's where I'm at now. I've already ordered the turbos, rods, 8 button clutch disk, and rs6 dps from Sean@SRM. I'm aiming for a reliable ~550-600awhp on E85 on a stock BF block. I like to drive my car hard so I'm nervous to push it any further than that.

Changes to current set up:
BF block
Turbos: SRM K24s, srm oil feed lines.
Rods: RPM, new main and rod bearings, head studs, main studs, all seals, ect.
Clutch: oem rs4 pp, SRM/AMD 8 button disk, TTV steel fw
Exhaust: SRM Rs6 flanged w/ my current SSAC mids and borla exhaust w/ res removed
Fuel: E85
Injectors: 1000cc
Fuel pump: SRM dual pump system, stock rails and lines
Tuner: Lee or Daz, Lee has always tuned my car and it's ran awesome for the past 3 years. And it's free. I'll cross that bridge after the motor is broken in.

Everything else as of now will be the same as it was on my f21 set up. I will be ditching the meth set up and running straight E.
Some things that will be for sale shortly: Devils own/vast meth kit, 52lb ev 14 injectors, dw300 fuel pump,and k04 ssac dps. PM me if you're interested in any of these.

Pics to come once I yank the motor out and parts start showing up. Many vids to come once it's finished. The car is not a daily driver and will be pushed very hard. So no lame vids of it idling, reving and driving around getting into boost then getting out of it. I've already lined up a couple races for when it's completed.

speedo vid of the previous f21+meth set up. made 410awhp on AWE's mustang dyno.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjGNZ_lQ_kA

slowSfaux
05-17-2015, 11:40 AM
You're a beast Cel. Seriously, not many people would still be turning wrenches on a vehicle after five instances of turbo failure and all the time, money, blood and sweat that goes into the requisite repairs.

Zba
05-17-2015, 12:18 PM
In for some sweet videos! Why a RS4 pp?

y3ti
05-17-2015, 12:21 PM
Dunk on 'em

CELison
05-17-2015, 12:22 PM
In for some sweet videos! Why a RS4 pp?

already have one. rs4 pp and 8 puck will hold the power.

UkuRiSh
05-17-2015, 12:23 PM
Good Luck , Stay away from fidanza fw. Get TTV Steel [up]

DieselElectric
05-17-2015, 12:24 PM
Pm'd about that meth kit. Looking forward to this thread!

Bische
05-17-2015, 12:33 PM
Sounds like a great setup [up]

kingkhalilz
05-17-2015, 12:36 PM
Do you mean 6, i didnt know srm had an 8 puck

CELison
05-17-2015, 12:38 PM
Do you mean 6, i didnt know srm had an 8 puck

I'm a special customer I guess. haha yes it is an 8 puck. I didn't go through their website, I went straight through Sean.

kingkhalilz
05-17-2015, 12:46 PM
very cool!

S4 00 2.7
05-17-2015, 01:17 PM
look forward to this. [up]

Maruzen75
05-17-2015, 01:58 PM
So cool. Glad to see you're are sticking it out with the same car, so rare these days. I can tell you're an engineer because all of your goals are perfectly calculated and achievable haha. So is meth pretty much pointless on e85 because the temps are so low?

Corbett
05-17-2015, 02:33 PM
Clutch: oem rs4 pp, SRM/AMD 8 button disk,

What the hell is an AMD/SRM clutch disk

Peter1.8t
05-17-2015, 02:52 PM
What the hell is an AMD/SRM clutch disk

X2

They are very different disks.

CELison
05-17-2015, 03:18 PM
The disk I am using is not on the SRM website. It is an 8 button, and a little birdie told me its the same one AMD uses. But I really don't want to turn this into a srm vs amd clutch debate.

Corbett
05-17-2015, 03:46 PM
The disk I am using is not on the SRM website. It is an 8 button, and a little birdie told me its the same one AMD uses. But I really don't want to turn this into a srm vs amd clutch debate.

Pics of clutch?

CELison
05-17-2015, 04:03 PM
Pics of clutch?

Currently on its way from Las Vegas.

Melo
05-17-2015, 04:11 PM
Best of luck to you with your new build man. We need more of your vids!

zillarob
05-17-2015, 04:36 PM
But I really don't want to turn this into a srm vs amd clutch debate.
That genie ain't going back in the bottle, not on az [evilsmile]

Prob is the same. Only a few mfg of the facings and not difficult to rivet them to the stock disk.
The easy part is figuring out what you need, the hard part is getting somebody to sell it to you.
I've built a few, but the guys I got the facings from all but made me sign a confidentiality contract [:D]

aysix
05-17-2015, 05:23 PM
I do vote against you tossing the meth kit. At least spray water or 30/70 mix for the winter. Having experienced with and without spraying straight water on E85 the gains are worth it.

Zba
05-17-2015, 05:29 PM
I do vote against you tossing the meth kit. At least spray water or 30/70 mix for the winter. Having experienced with and without spraying straight water on E85 the gains are worth it.

Can you elaborate? Why spray in the winter?

aysix
05-17-2015, 05:48 PM
Can you elaborate? Why spray in the winter?

Iats will still climb without it winter or summer especially multiple gear pulls.

Royal769sr
05-17-2015, 05:50 PM
I thought SRM used clutchnet stuff.. plus, just because you ordered from doesn't make it an SRM part. Seems easy to offer a clutch suggestion, and even order it for someone, that will match the turbo you sell. Good luck on your setup. I'm about to throw on a 6 puck with an "upgraded" rs4 pp.

CELison
05-17-2015, 06:01 PM
I thought SRM used clutchnet stuff.. plus, just because you ordered from doesn't make it an SRM part. Seems easy to offer a clutch suggestion, and even order it for someone, that will match the turbo you sell. Good luck on your setup. I'm about to throw on a 6 puck with an "upgraded" rs4 pp.

I ordered an 8 puck disk through sean. I didn't ask him for the company supplying it. So i apologize if my branding/documentation isnt GMP

Royal769sr
05-17-2015, 08:50 PM
Sorry, hope I didn't come off like a d!&#.

MikeyB3
05-17-2015, 09:29 PM
Damn, that thing pulls solid! [up]

Peter1.8t
05-17-2015, 09:37 PM
I ordered an 8 puck disk through sean. I didn't ask him for the company supplying it. So i apologize if my branding/documentation isnt GMP

Just post a couple pictures once you receive it. I highly doubt it's the same disk. Strikes my curiosity as to why this little birdie said so.

AudiSportB5S4
05-18-2015, 06:38 AM
Are those turbos doing good things for the majority of people who run them? My buddy has a set on his 2.7 and he isn't very happy with them.

CELison
05-18-2015, 06:52 AM
It's the wastegates that are the issue. At least that's what I had problems with. A good friend had the same problem of loosing boost bc of the wg. Doug was quick to respond and send new turbos which is great but it's still something that shouldn't happen.

AudiSportB5S4
05-18-2015, 07:20 AM
My comment was re: SRM K24s, I should have clarified.

aysix
05-18-2015, 09:18 AM
double post

aysix
05-18-2015, 09:35 AM
Just post a couple pictures once you receive it. I highly doubt it's the same disk. Strikes my curiosity as to why this little birdie said so.

jhm clutch / thread

LINDW4LL
05-18-2015, 10:00 AM
Are those turbos doing good things for the majority of people who run them? My buddy has a set on his 2.7 and he isn't very happy with them.
What isn't he happy about? Most seem to be very happy with them.

Speed4Avant
05-18-2015, 10:40 AM
It's the wastegates that are the issue. At least that's what I had problems with. A good friend had the same problem of loosing boost bc of the wg. Doug was quick to respond and send new turbos which is great but it's still something that shouldn't happen.

I'm curious what the symptoms of bad wastegates on f21s are? One of mine has started making more of a wrrrr/wooshing noise a few months after I installed them (not dentist drill).

01audia4
05-18-2015, 10:49 AM
I'm curious what the symptoms of bad wastegates on f21s are? One of mine has started making more of a wrrrr/wooshing noise a few months after I installed them (not dentist drill).
Loosing boost / over boosting I would tend to think.

Pressure test them and find out, what you are describing is more of a boost leak.

CELison
05-18-2015, 10:52 AM
I lost boost. No leaks, ramped up n75 dc. No dice. Tighten the wg nuts and I got it back where it should be then after a couple months it would drop again. Got to where I ran out of threads on the wg arm. On my fh4s I blew a wg flapper out of the exhaust.

Speed4Avant
05-18-2015, 10:58 AM
Loosing boost / over boosting I would tend to think.

Pressure test them and find out, what you are describing is more of a boost leak.

Did a boost leak test to 15psi recently, couldn't find any leaks. Tried swapping back to stock dvs (no difference), then took forge dvs apart and cleaned them up (seem to hold pressure fine). Have had code 17965 Charge Pressure Control Positive Deviation and 17883 EVAP Leak Detection Pump: No Signal within the last month. Could an exhaust leak possibly cause this? Don't mean to thread jack but I haven't had a lot of help from my tuner.

Zba
05-18-2015, 11:08 AM
Check everything that comes off of the intake for proper operation.

hibiscusS4
05-18-2015, 11:08 AM
seems like time to make a thread and ditch ur tuner....

disrepos
05-18-2015, 11:24 PM
Sounds like it's going to be sweet ride.

On a similar setup (RS6r, E85, Walbro 450, Stock fuel lines and rails, 1000cc injectors), I started running out of e-juice around 500 whp as well as seeing the driver's bank going lean.

For reliable 550whp, you may have to look into other fueling options.

One option in order to avoid going to two pumps or running at 3 bar (which puts injectors around 100% duty at rpm), is running e45-ish: 50/50 mix of premium and E85.

LINDW4LL
05-18-2015, 11:30 PM
Jesse, your car rips hard with F21s. Excited to see the K24s on E85 as it should be a pretty huge step up.

Meow
05-18-2015, 11:35 PM
Rematch this summer?

CELison
05-19-2015, 08:21 AM
I might have to run 2 pumps and IE rails. I've seen the 034 rails fit like shit. And of course Booms

MileMan402
05-19-2015, 08:40 AM
Congrats on the new job dude!

Doug@FrankenTurbo
05-19-2015, 09:11 AM

I lost boost. No leaks, ramped up n75 dc. No dice. Tighten the wg nuts and I got it back where it should be then after a couple months it would drop again. Got to where I ran out of threads on the wg arm. On my fh4s I blew a wg flapper out of the exhaust.

I'm curious as well. Jesse, I'm a little unclear on which of our products failed. Are you referring to the new set of MixedFlow turbos we just sent you as replacements? Or the originals? In either case I hope you'll send back the parts for us to inspect.

CELison
05-19-2015, 09:55 AM
I'll pm you when I get out of work Doug.

getslideways
05-19-2015, 10:13 AM
Can't wait for the new round of "research testing footage" after these get installed!!! [drive]

S4gasm aka LOTR
05-19-2015, 10:15 AM
Yay, another K24 rs6 build, hopefully have mine on the road in a couple weeks. :)

AudiSportB5S4
05-19-2015, 10:18 AM
What isn't he happy about? Most seem to be very happy with them.

Overall performance. Said he's been losing to F21 cars, trapped 113mph on a pump/race combo, etc. How many people have these bolted up who have done some data logging for us to see or produced a trap speed somewhere? I'm only asking because when my K04s decide their time is up, I'll be in the market as well but based off of his results I will not go that route. He also knew a handful of people who were disappointed as well. I expect CELISON to get the build done pretty quick so we'll have tons of info soon I would imagine!

S4gasm aka LOTR
05-19-2015, 10:42 AM
Overall performance. Said he's been losing to F21 cars, trapped 113mph on a pump/race combo, etc. How many people have these bolted up who have done some data logging for us to see or produced a trap speed somewhere? I'm only asking because when my K04s decide their time is up, I'll be in the market as well but based off of his results I will not go that route. He also knew a handful of people who were disappointed as well. I expect CELISON to get the build done pretty quick so we'll have tons of info soon I would imagine!

That's not great to hear, I'm about 2 weeks from finishing my K24 build. Who was his tuner?

LINDW4LL
05-19-2015, 10:45 AM
That's not great to hear, I'm about 2 weeks from finishing my K24 build. Who was his tuner?
You know how the B5 world is. Lots of poorly running cars. Has nothing to do with the turbos.

I am interested in who is tuning it, though.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

NOTORIOUS VR
05-19-2015, 11:22 AM

That doesn't sound like it has anything to do with the turbos.

Meow
05-19-2015, 12:01 PM

I have been running around on 20-22psi with k24s and they are outflowing my oem rs6 turbos at the same boost level. I am running 3.0 flat on 22psi with 93 octane and no meth. I am very happy with these turbos. (boost is on the right axis of the graph) Nice cold intake temps help though.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l214/boomerw/3_zps0e882586.png

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l214/boomerw/3fatsIDC_zps6d180d4a.png

And on wastegate boost (14-15psi) I was running as fast as my old vast setup was on 20psi, mid 3 second fats times.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l214/boomerw/367fats_zps923df37e.png

I haven't shared a ton of info on it because my car is down for fuel and intercooler upgrades, but I am sure we will both share our setups a lot once completed.

Lets not clutter up this thread too much with bickering about the turbos. They work.

disrepos
05-19-2015, 01:17 PM
I might have to run 2 pumps and IE rails. I've seen the 034 rails fit like shit. And of course Booms

Was a tough install with my 034 rails. The main issue (and this may be the same with others as well) was having to add 10mm injector hats ($10 a piece at the time) so the injector electrical harnesses would fit under the rail. 034 rails are directly above injectors whereas stock rails are offset.

They also required banjo fittings on the front side so fuel lines didn't hit DV's and other hardware in that location.

CELison
05-19-2015, 08:01 PM
I will be going with a dual pump set up to support the power I want. If anyone wants k04 flanged ssac dps w/ vbands let me know. They will be for sale as well.

Drehmoment
05-20-2015, 02:08 AM
Why not 605.2 with your bump in income ? You replaced two or three ( I lost count ) Chinese turbo's due to inferior quality, its easy as a supplier to warranty them when he purchases them for pea nuts.

Still a cool build, don't get me wrong but in the grand scheme of things another 1200/1400 or so bucks for a superior product is a drop in the bucket on those cars. just saying.

CELison
05-20-2015, 04:42 AM
Why not 605.2 with your bump in income ? You replaced two or three ( I lost count ) Chinese turbo's due to inferior quality, its easy as a supplier to warranty them when he purchases them for pea nuts.

Still a cool build, don't get me wrong but in the grand scheme of things another 1200/1400 or so bucks for a superior product is a drop in the bucket on those cars. just saying.

Thought about it, but k24s are more than enough for the power I want. Also if I get FOD on tials, I'm fucked. If I get FOD on k24s, it won't cost shit to rebuild them and much less down time.

CELison
05-20-2015, 04:56 AM
Congrats on the new job dude!

Thanks Chris

aysix
05-20-2015, 08:48 AM

I raced more than a few K04/F21 cars and beat them all back in CT pump for pump, even an F21 car on meth. So something might be up? I also put down almost 480whp on 93 where K04/meth cars were doing less than 430 the same day on the same dyno.

AudiSportB5S4
05-20-2015, 09:16 AM
Gotcha.. I'm just going off of what he said. He is self-tuning but has proven himself compitent in the past doing so, so I'm just assuming - but it seems a handful of others here are having success which is good.

I look forward to this build's completion for results!

CELison
05-22-2015, 05:45 AM
Debating getting a girdle...

DieselElectric
05-22-2015, 06:34 AM
^ Do it. Shoot for the damn moon

christianb5s4
05-22-2015, 09:48 AM
Better to have it than not, especially with your lack of mercy on the car.

Drehmoment
05-22-2015, 12:03 PM
getting a girdle means also getting 2.8 heads which means valve train up grades etc etc....slippery slope and just to rub it in a little more with your new big fat wallet why not go 770's........looking at dyno sheets on any given day 770's peak out roughly another 80-100 whp over the K24's, apples to apples. The problem is, dialing those extreme cars in that you can actually drive them and not just wrench. The classified is full of broken dreams with very expensive parts.

I vote skip girdle and if you crack the block, well, they are a dime in a dozen so $$ no big deal......

Corbett
05-22-2015, 12:18 PM
Pics of clutch yet?

CELison
05-22-2015, 12:39 PM
Package is still being shipped. Not doing the girdle btw. I'm just looking to build a quick street car.

Drehmoment
05-22-2015, 12:50 PM
Can you check your stock rods if they are still straight and true ?

S4 00 2.7
05-22-2015, 02:26 PM
getting a girdle means also getting 2.8 heads which means valve train up grades etc etc....slippery slope and just to rub it in a little more with your new big fat wallet why not go 770's........looking at dyno sheets on any given day 770's peak out roughly another 80-100 whp over the K24's, apples to apples. The problem is, dialing those extreme cars in that you can actually drive them and not just wrench. The classified is full of broken dreams with very expensive parts.

I vote skip girdle and if you crack the block, well, they are a dime in a dozen so $$ no big deal......

this [up]

UkuRiSh
05-22-2015, 04:29 PM
I will be going with a dual pump set up to support the power I want. If anyone wants k04 flanged ssac dps w/ vbands let me know. They will be for sale as well.

You should be fine with one E85 Walbro 450 LPH unless if you aim over 700WHP

CELison
05-22-2015, 04:39 PM
You should be fine with one E85 Walbro 450 LPH unless if you aim over 700WHP
Daz says otherwise.

y3ti
05-22-2015, 04:46 PM
Daz says otherwise.
What power level on e85 is maxxing out a Walbro 450? According to Daz?

UkuRiSh
05-22-2015, 04:56 PM
What power level on e85 is maxxing out a Walbro 450? According to Daz?

1000cc injectors will be maxed out before the pump. Probably close to 700hp on E85

CELison
05-22-2015, 05:00 PM
He was saying right around 500.

UkuRiSh
05-22-2015, 05:33 PM
He was saying right around 500.

My car made 600hp on Mustang Dyno.

AK Maniak
05-23-2015, 05:28 AM
1000cc injectors will be maxed out before the pump. Probably close to 700hp on E85

I run a Walbro 450 in my E85 DSM and it could flow much more than my 1150 injectors could. I know its a completely different platform but I made 490awhp and was at 92% IDC. I'm running 2150cc injectors now and have plenty of room to grow. Considering that it doesn't cost much more to move up in size for injectors might as well go big.

Zba
05-23-2015, 09:42 AM
How far are you going to take the build? Just slap some rods in and call it a day or do you plan on upgrading the intake, heads, cams, manifolds? What's the plan Stan?

CELison
05-23-2015, 12:45 PM
Looking into building a bf block instead. Motor is out. Neither turbo is seized...They're in perfect shape and the wg flappers are both there. All hoses were connected. No idea why it didn't make any boost. 0. Not wg pressure so I'm at a loss.

Monty23
05-23-2015, 07:35 PM
clogged cats?

CELison
05-23-2015, 07:39 PM
No cats. Wg nuts on and wg arms tight. No boost leaks. Ran butter smooth, just no boost.

LINDW4LL
05-23-2015, 07:43 PM
No cats. Wg nuts on and wg arms tight. No boost leaks. Ran butter smooth, just no boost.
Was it due to the leak from the cracked manifold? Also, may be a stupid question, but won't you get SOME boost even if only one turbo is functioning properly?

CELison
05-23-2015, 07:57 PM
No. If 1 is seized the charged air will go back down the other bipipe. For it to make no boost the manifold would have had to basically be missing. So no that isn't why.

Zba
05-23-2015, 09:54 PM
Looking into building a bf block instead. Motor is out. Neither turbo is seized...They're in perfect shape and the wg flappers are both there. All hoses were connected. No idea why it didn't make any boost. 0. Not wg pressure so I'm at a loss.

Any marks on the housings where the impeller blades may have been making contact?

slow ride
05-23-2015, 10:55 PM
If they impacted the housing I would expect him to notice quite a bit of end play. Do the SSAC down pipes I think you have use braided flex? I noticed they use it inside the pipes also and it can collapse in extreme conditions. s4 guys seem to get by due to the flex being downstream a bit but I would not run that type of flex if I had the choice.

CELison
05-23-2015, 11:25 PM
Dps are in good shape, turbo hot and cold sides are in great shape, very little shaft play, wg flappers are tight against the housings, no blown off hoses obviously. Car ran butter smooth, just no boost. There was a change in the exhaust note I noticed. Maybe I'll find more when I tear into it. As of now, the engine is on an engine stand in my garage. I'm going to start tearing it down monday most likely.

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac28/celison/8BA80AD6-7B7A-43AF-833A-4A18B36CEC01_zpsaz7tf9gw.jpg (http://s882.photobucket.com/user/celison/media/8BA80AD6-7B7A-43AF-833A-4A18B36CEC01_zpsaz7tf9gw.jpg.html)

slow ride
05-24-2015, 12:10 AM
Damn that was my smoking gun on the dps lol. I'd guess it would have to be a some burned ex valves or bent intake unless the software was going to limp but you still have some boost. Interesting let us know the deal and good luck. Really interested in your opinion of the srms.

CELison
05-24-2015, 10:33 AM
Wasn't limp mode. Hardware problem for sure

Dalers08
05-24-2015, 10:02 PM
Blown out intercoolers?

CELison
05-25-2015, 07:15 AM
A leak that big would cause it to stumble and barely run.

Zba
05-25-2015, 09:55 AM
Maybe someone pulled the ole Potato in the tailpipe prank on you lol

DieselElectric
05-25-2015, 04:33 PM
Any luck finding the culprit?

CELison
05-25-2015, 04:54 PM
Haven't had time. Spent the weekend with the girl and her family. I am picking up a bf block though

Meow
05-25-2015, 10:22 PM
Leak down test the motor on the engine stand/hoist if you can, not sure if you have a compressor or the tool (some places like autozone rent them out)

RocksForsSale
05-25-2015, 11:05 PM
Congrats on the new job Jesse, and good luck on your new build. I hope you figure out what went wrong there.

Dalers08
05-26-2015, 11:31 AM
Haven't had time. Spent the weekend with the girl and her family. I am picking up a bf block though

Isn't BEL the strongest?

Zba
05-26-2015, 11:42 AM
Isn't BEL the strongest?

It's in here somewhere but I believe the BF was a version of either the BEL OR the APB engines.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/527211-BEL-vs-APB

CELison
05-26-2015, 11:47 AM
BF is BEL

CELison
05-26-2015, 07:53 PM
decided on a modded 450 for now. stock rails and lines

Things currently for sale: 85mm maf tube and filter with or without hitachi sensor, ssac v2 dps, dw300 fuel pump. All cheap as shit. Just trying to get rid of them.

Zba
05-27-2015, 11:00 AM

Things currently for sale: 85mm maf tube and filter with or without hitachi sensor, ssac v2 dps, dw300 fuel pump. All cheap as shit. Just trying to get rid of them.

Check your inbox

Royal769sr
05-27-2015, 01:33 PM
Think I need that dw300 pump

CELison
05-27-2015, 07:19 PM
First boxes showed up. David Chang is in route with my BF short block. DPs will be here tomorrow as well as a ton of seals/hardware/bearings.
http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac28/celison/ce86378d-c734-4471-839a-8b3ce8f8bf11_zpsmhlera6s.jpg (http://s882.photobucket.com/user/celison/media/ce86378d-c734-4471-839a-8b3ce8f8bf11_zpsmhlera6s.jpg.html)

DanS4
05-27-2015, 07:54 PM

How cheap? i could go for some downpipes. possibly a fuel pump

CELison
05-27-2015, 08:13 PM
PM'd

jaychen
05-27-2015, 08:43 PM
staying with stock pistons on this one?

CELison
05-27-2015, 08:50 PM
stock pistons. re-ringed obviously. Block will be honed and decked. Heads will be decked as well. I'm using the heads from my motor and a donor block so I'm getting them decked to be safe. New main, rod, thrust bearings. New RMS, Front crank seal, front and rear flange seals, arp main studs, oem head bolts, All new seals on the heads.

jaychen
05-27-2015, 09:39 PM
stock pistons. re-ringed obviously. Block will be honed and decked. Heads will be decked as well. I'm using the heads from my motor and a donor block so I'm getting them decked to be safe. New main, rod, thrust bearings. New RMS, Front crank seal, front and rear flange seals, arp main studs, oem head bolts, All new seals on the heads.

sounds like a tried and proven setup.

dont forget about the main stud bullshit. some need same length, others need 8 that are longer.

oh, check those welds on the srm inlets too. both mine had holes.

CELison
05-27-2015, 10:01 PM
I'm not ordering main studs until I break the motor down and find out for sure.

y3ti
05-27-2015, 10:13 PM
Just took off my main caps today. My BF block has different length bolts...

CELison
05-27-2015, 11:48 PM
Just got my BF dropped off. Will be taking it apart this weekend. I've heard there's really no way to tell what length main studs you need until you pull them and see.

RocksForsSale
05-28-2015, 02:06 AM
If by chance you wanted to go 2.8 heads there's a motor at harrys u pull it in allentown already pulled. I was thinking about grabbing them, not sure what they go for typically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOTORIOUS VR
05-28-2015, 06:57 AM
Not doing 2.8 heads would be silly IMO

CELison
05-28-2015, 07:19 AM
I will be going to get them today or tomorrow

jaychen
05-28-2015, 07:20 AM
good call

AudiSportB5S4
05-28-2015, 07:52 AM
2.8 cams? I wish I tossed a set in mine during my last timing belt job.

y3ti
05-28-2015, 12:31 PM
My reason for not picking up 2.8 heads was I didn't want to get a girdle and I won't be doing valve work. Wouldn't 2.8 cams be another bump in power at an already risky power level?

What's the gain with going 2.8?

NOTORIOUS VR
05-28-2015, 01:46 PM
My reason for not picking up 2.8 heads was I didn't want to get a girdle and I won't be doing valve work. Wouldn't 2.8 cams be another bump in power at an already risky power level?

What's the gain with going 2.8?

What does bolting on 2.8 head have to do with getting a girdle or doing valve work... answer: nothing

y3ti
05-28-2015, 01:59 PM
What does bolting on 2.8 head have to do with getting a girdle or doing valve work... answer: nothing
1. The blocks ability (or inability) to handle that power.

Daz estimated 550-600awhp on the setup as it is. From what I've read, that power can destroy a block. Since I (&CEL) don't want to go with a girdle , I don't understand why I would try to squeeze extra power out of it if the block is already at risk.

2. 2.8 heads are supposed to help keep power at higher rpms.

If I'm not upgrading the valvetrain to take advantage of the higher revs, how do 2.8 cams benefit me?

These are legitimate questions, relax.

Bische
05-28-2015, 03:10 PM
Torque is what crack blocks, not horsepower [:)]

y3ti
05-28-2015, 03:22 PM
Those are the only numbers Daz gave me, I didn't want to just guess at an awtq number. Either way, my questions still need answers...

My bad, CEL.
Trying to get some info for my build.

CELison
05-28-2015, 04:58 PM
Some more stuff showed up today.
http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac28/celison/272CC9DF-BA0A-4ADA-9D46-D0355B9AECE9_zpsorubw2vb.jpg (http://s882.photobucket.com/user/celison/media/272CC9DF-BA0A-4ADA-9D46-D0355B9AECE9_zpsorubw2vb.jpg.html)

Things that are on their way/will be ordered next week.

1000s
modded 450 pump
85 mm hpx maf housing and maf
arp main studs (need to tear the block down to see which ones I need)
TTV steel fw
8 button disk
All bearings are on their way now as well as oem head bolts, new TOB, maybe some other shit I forgot I ordered.

Bische
05-28-2015, 10:22 PM
Those are the only numbers Daz gave me, I didn't want to just guess at an awtq number. Either way, my questions still need answers...

My bad, CEL.
Trying to get some info for my build.

I am with you on this one, stock heads if you arent planning to turn it higher than around 7200. But say you have a 2.8 setup and turn over 8000rpm - the peak power could be signifigant higher without stressing the bottom end any further.

At 450wtq there is about 85whp gain by raising the peak by 1000rpm.

I am myself targetting 450awtq on my VRT, and my ambition is to hold that out to 7000rpm ��

1000s
modded 450 pump
TTV steel fw
8 button disk
All bearings are on their way now as well as oem head bolts, new TOB, maybe some other shit I forgot I ordered.

Love the parts pile [:)]

Audi9
05-28-2015, 11:27 PM
With that clutch/flywheel combo what are you planning to spin the engine to?

Drehmoment
05-29-2015, 01:48 AM
What is modded on the 450 ?

CELison
05-29-2015, 04:54 AM
Relay is modified.
Clutch - b5rs4 pp, srm 8 button disk, ttv steel fw

Monty23
05-29-2015, 07:17 AM
do you mean relief valve is modified?

NOTORIOUS VR
05-29-2015, 07:23 AM
1. The blocks ability (or inability) to handle that power.

Daz estimated 550-600awhp on the setup as it is. From what I've read, that power can destroy a block. Since I (&CEL) don't want to go with a girdle , I don't understand why I would try to squeeze extra power out of it if the block is already at risk.

2. 2.8 heads are supposed to help keep power at higher rpms.

If I'm not upgrading the valvetrain to take advantage of the higher revs, how do 2.8 cams benefit me?

These are legitimate questions, relax.

1. Too much reading, not enough doing, there are 700-1000hp 2.7T's out there doing their thing. The whole cracked block thing is being blown out of proportion JMO.

Let's all remember these turbos aren't going to be able to flow large amounts of air at a high PR and RPM anyway, but that doesn't mean you cannot optimize the flow anyway. 2.8 heads will flow more everywhere, along with the more aggressive NA camshafts and the bigger turbos you're looking at gains no matter what.

2. No 2.8 heads flow more in general, the more aggressive NA cams will give you more mid-range and top end due to the flow and cam profile. You can take advantage of all this even if you keep the (near) stock rev limit without having to build the valve train (even though it would really just mean you need exhaust valves, springs + retainers).

BTW I'm very relaxed, but there seems to be a general disconnect between what bigger port heads will actually do for a properly sized setup. Big port heads + cams don't just mean you only gain in the top end, especially with the mild OEM 2.8 cams.

02nms4
05-29-2015, 11:36 AM
Nice build CEL, ive got a very similar build going on, I already purchased a pair of junkyard 2.8 heads, took them in to a local audi specialist to go through them, he said my heads have some sort of e oil piping that sits above the camshafts with brittle plastic pieces that needs to be replaced. I was just curious approx. how much power gain should we see with these turbos/ e85 setup over 2.7 heads?

Zba
05-29-2015, 12:00 PM
No 2.8 heads flow more in general, the more aggressive NA cams will give you more mid-range and top end due to the flow and cam profile. You can take advantage of all this even if you keep the (near) stock rev limit without having to build the valve train (even though it would really just mean you need exhaust valves, springs + retainers).

BTW I'm very relaxed, but there seems to be a general disconnect between what bigger port heads will actually do for a properly sized setup. Big port heads + cams don't just mean you only gain in the top end, especially with the mild OEM 2.8 cams.

Can the exhaust valves just be swapped from a 2.7 to a 2.8 head?

y3ti
05-29-2015, 12:23 PM
1. Too much reading, not enough doing, there are 700-1000hp 2.7T's out there doing their thing. The whole cracked block thing is being blown out of proportion JMO.

Let's all remember these turbos aren't going to be able to flow large amounts of air at a high PR and RPM anyway, but that doesn't mean you cannot optimize the flow anyway. 2.8 heads will flow more everywhere, along with the more aggressive NA camshafts and the bigger turbos you're looking at gains no matter what.

2. No 2.8 heads flow more in general, the more aggressive NA cams will give you more mid-range and top end due to the flow and cam profile. You can take advantage of all this even if you keep the (near) stock rev limit without having to build the valve train (even though it would really just mean you need exhaust valves, springs + retainers).

I like that answer better than your first. [emoji6] Thank you for that. I have this exact build going on, pretty much part for part, so any info on better options is appreciated.

Drehmoment
05-29-2015, 12:40 PM
do you mean relief valve is modified?

I think he means power it by a independent power source triggered by a relay

NOTORIOUS VR
05-29-2015, 02:10 PM
Can the exhaust valves just be swapped from a 2.7 to a 2.8 head?

Yes then can, and you MUST swap the exhaust valves from the 2.7 head into the 2.8 head as the keeper location is different on the valves themselves and you will not have as much seat pressure which you need for forced induction if you keep the stock 2.8 stuff.

Zba
05-29-2015, 02:13 PM
That's good info. The 2.7 valves are sodium filled correct? Are the 2.8 not?

y3ti
05-29-2015, 02:20 PM
That's good info. The 2.7 valves are sodium filled correct? Are the 2.8 not?
Ya. Sodium filled is needed for the higher EGTs of the 2.7

RocksForsSale
05-29-2015, 02:24 PM
What's this with the seat pressure? So you have to replace all the valve train of your 2.7 to the 2.8? Or just exhaust valves themselves?

kingkhalilz
05-29-2015, 03:54 PM
just exhaust, valves should be kept from the 2.7. The groove for the keeper is lower on the valve to induce a tighter valve in general. Both 2.8 and 2.7 exhaust are sodium filled. If you hold the valves side by side you wont miss it. The intake valves are all the same.

CELison
05-29-2015, 04:08 PM
Dropped the block off at the machine shop. I'm going to skip the heads for now. When I do heads I'll build 2.8 ones so I can rev it out. I need to calm down a little with the spending. I still have to order maf, maf house, 1000s, fuel pump, flywheel, and motor mounts. Rod, main and thrust bearings showed up today. Just placed my order for arp main studs. They are different length if anyone was curious.

Zba
05-29-2015, 05:10 PM
You can always upgrade springs and retainers later for not that much extra effort if the heads are already on it.

The last motor I built (vr6) I kept the bottom end stock because of $$ but as soon as it was on the road I was kicking myself for not going 3L. The cost added was not that much more that I couldn't have absorbed it.

Just saying. It sucks getting everything back together and then feeling like you missed out.

CELison
05-29-2015, 06:41 PM
I don't think I'm not going to feel like I missed out. When it's back together and tuned on E it should be much faster than it was.

Audi2.7what
05-29-2015, 08:37 PM
I don't want to chime in I tend to come off as a dick but everything is set in play nothing to be scared of. This build will turn out to be a healthy 550+ whp weekend car it's being done right, and that's all that matters.

CELison
05-29-2015, 09:49 PM
^ and once it's dialed in were going to run it from a dig to redline in 6th down rt 22.

Zba
05-29-2015, 10:01 PM
I don't want to chime in I tend to come off as a dick but everything is set in play nothing to be scared of. This build will turn out to be a healthy 550+ whp weekend car it's being done right, and that's all that matters.

Whoa! No need to be a dick! Jesus, calm down

Zba
05-29-2015, 10:01 PM
Goddam phone, that was meant to be followed by a "lol"

FlyboyS4
05-29-2015, 10:07 PM
2.8 heads will flow more everywhere,

More does not equate to better.

Audi2.7what
05-29-2015, 10:14 PM
^ and once it's dialed in were going to run it from a dig to redline in 6th down rt 22.
Exactly lmfao

Audi2.7what
05-29-2015, 10:17 PM
Exactly K04 applications it can slow spools down but for something RS6 size, and up where you see full boost near 4000 rpms your power band is better shifted to the right anyways. The benefits of the cam click with 2.8 cams if tuned properly will yield more usable power.

rani_aridi
05-30-2015, 03:45 AM
Wanted to ask, do your waste gate actuators on the K24's touch the housing slightly? Not a huge deal but I was wondering if it was just me...

csre9
05-31-2015, 10:04 AM
sweet build mane, cant wait to throw down again [drive]

CELison
05-31-2015, 04:39 PM
My wg actuators do no touch the housings. Side note: 85mm maf tube, maf, and filter are still up for sale. Everything else has been sold. The downpipes actually went on another car today.

02nms4
05-31-2015, 10:56 PM
My wg actuators do no touch the housings. Side note: 85mm maf tube, maf, and filter are still up for sale. Everything else has been sold. The downpipes actually went on another car today.

quick question, noticed your selling a 85mm maf tube for I'm guessing the hitachi mac. I'm doing a very similar build and was gonna buy a 85mm housing, what are you going with?

kingkhalilz
05-31-2015, 10:59 PM
Celison, i dont want to clutter ur thread but i am curious about the relay for the walbro 450. What specifically did you or planning to do, because I think the stock relay gets pissed if you have other items running off it also.

NOTORIOUS VR
06-01-2015, 12:14 PM

Out of context comment is well... out of context.

2.8 heads ARE better than 2.7 heads especially when feeding more and more CFM through them. Just like bigger manifolds are better after a certain point.

I know you love your data, and your little pea shooter turbos but if you ever man up and get something on your car that really flows you will see that every place you can reduce a restriction will give you an advantage and very, rarely if at all a disadvantage.

stuklr
06-01-2015, 12:21 PM

Where on 22 in that part of the state can you top out 6th???!!

CELison
06-01-2015, 12:41 PM
450 with pressure mod. Will use stock wiring to activate a relay and using heavy gauge wire from the batt. And anywhere on 22. I have a video of me doing to from an overpass actually. But there's no shortages of long straight highway by me.

CELison
06-01-2015, 12:43 PM
quick question, noticed your selling a 85mm maf tube for I'm guessing the hitachi mac. I'm doing a very similar build and was gonna buy a 85mm housing, what are you going with?

85mm hpx. But you should buy my maf tube and maf obviously

CELison
06-01-2015, 06:08 PM
Where on 22 in that part of the state can you top out 6th???!!

here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4wdP5JA_Vs

FlyboyS4
06-01-2015, 06:35 PM
Out of context comment is well... out of context.

2.8 heads ARE better than 2.7 heads especially when feeding more and more CFM through them. Just like bigger manifolds are better after a certain point.

After a certain point being an important distinction to make, or are you saying that with my pea shooter turbos I'll see better performance everywhere by switching to a 2.8 head?

I know you love your data, and your little pea shooter turbos but if you ever man up and get something on your car that really flows you will see that every place you can reduce a restriction will give you an advantage and very, rarely if at all a disadvantage.

Why not use data, there's an abundance of bad advice that floats around these forums. People giving advice and failing to fully qualify what they're saying, i.e. you.

CELison
06-01-2015, 06:59 PM
Ok enough about heads.

jaychen
06-01-2015, 07:04 PM
85mm hpx. But you should buy my maf tube and maf obviously

daz tuning your hpx 85mm setup?

CELison
06-01-2015, 07:34 PM
daz tuning your hpx 85mm setup?

yeah most likely.

landfill
06-01-2015, 08:09 PM
Yea Flyboy your talking to someone who tunes big turbo/power cars for a living.
No one gives a shit about your k03's and your flowbench. [headbang]

jaychen
06-01-2015, 08:21 PM
yeah most likely.

you wont be disappointed. he takes payment in soggy sayo's now too

CELison
06-01-2015, 08:30 PM
I was going to pay him in turkey breasts and screen shotted nude snap chats.

JKnight41
06-01-2015, 08:46 PM
I was going to pay him in turkey breasts and screen shotted nude snap chats.

I am no good at tuning, but I can learn..

jaychen
06-01-2015, 08:56 PM
im telling you bro

http://i.imgur.com/O4oXO1T.jpg

Corbett
06-02-2015, 12:26 PM
Pics of clutch?

CELison
06-03-2015, 07:01 PM
flywheel showed up today. Didn't come with any hardware though...
http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac28/celison/68BD8DCE-89A6-44A5-8F4D-89D15FE6FDE5_zpstsivxasf.jpg (http://s882.photobucket.com/user/celison/media/68BD8DCE-89A6-44A5-8F4D-89D15FE6FDE5_zpstsivxasf.jpg.html)

sherbet
06-03-2015, 07:09 PM
Is that 3" exhaust going to be a restriction for the power levels you are going for?

CELison
06-03-2015, 07:13 PM
Is that 3" exhaust going to be a restriction for the power levels you are going for?

hope not

Monty23
06-03-2015, 09:30 PM
You need stock flywheel bolts

CELison
06-03-2015, 09:34 PM
You need stock flywheel bolts

I figured. I'll pick some up.

jaychen
06-03-2015, 10:12 PM
didn't your mate lee make 700whp on 3'' exhaust?

CELison
06-03-2015, 10:18 PM
As of now the fueling system is going to be the limiting factor. Going to basically hot rod the 450 to flow as much as possible and see where that gets me on E.

slow ride
06-04-2015, 06:35 AM
didn't your mate lee make 700whp on 3'' exhaust?

Don't say that you will get people going crazy about dual 3" downpipes and 4" exhaust on these things. While I'm sure it might help a tiny bit I've never seen more overkill on exhaust stuff than on the b5 S4.

have you thought about 2.8 intake cams?

JVD
06-04-2015, 07:03 AM
Pretty sure the stock FW bolts need to be cut down as well with the TTV.

I haven't check yet but I remember someones build thread having the info.

jaychen
06-04-2015, 07:19 AM
Don't say that you will get people going crazy about dual 3" downpipes and 4" exhaust on these things. While I'm sure it might help a tiny bit I've never seen more overkill on exhaust stuff than on the b5 S4.

have you thought about 2.8 intake cams?

I meant a single 3" exhaust dude. Although he was single turbo, but still..

slow ride
06-04-2015, 07:21 AM
Chill I know what you were saying :) Just pointing out the trend, not what you think. Damn interwebs misunderstandings.

jaychen
06-04-2015, 07:32 AM
Chill I know what you were saying :) Just pointing out the trend, not what you think. Damn interwebs misunderstandings.

haha all good.

i agree though, twin 3''.. single 3.5''..single 4''...

guys downunder run 4'' dump for 4L i6 motors then go to 3'' cat back. that's enough for 600kw. two mufflers and a cat also

sorry jesse, cluttering your thread. on topic now.

hibiscusS4
06-04-2015, 07:49 AM
very nice i cant wait to see were thisll go. daz is tuning my f21 setup today i ended up deciding on his ability is better then mine haha. i wana see what numbers hell push outta your setup though

MileMan402
06-04-2015, 07:58 AM
flywheel showed up today. Didn't come with any hardware though...

Fancy watch, did you have a polo on too? [>_<]

Monty23
06-04-2015, 08:05 AM
Pretty sure the stock FW bolts need to be cut down as well with the TTV.

I haven't check yet but I remember someones build thread having the info.

My build thread has the info. Use stock flywheel bolts with the current version of the TTV steel flywheel.

CELison
06-04-2015, 08:10 AM
Fancy watch, did you have a polo on too? [>_<]

Says the guy wearing a polo while I put plugs in his car 2 years ago. White polo I think it was too.

JVD
06-04-2015, 08:20 AM
My build thread has the info. Use stock flywheel bolts with the current version of the TTV steel flywheel.

Ok cool. Good to know!

christianb5s4
06-04-2015, 11:00 AM
Says the guy wearing a polo while I put plugs in his car 2 years ago. White polo I think it was too.

Popped collar?

MileMan402
06-04-2015, 11:04 AM
Popped collar?

Nah. I never went that far.

christianb5s4
06-04-2015, 11:53 AM
Nah. I never went that far.

Reminds me of my time in Greenwich CT. Salmon sear sucker slacks pair nicely with a polo.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/bb67324430aff60719c593c8bd96aa75/tumblr_inline_mjo19gcIuV1r5whzi.jpg

RickyCastro
06-04-2015, 12:08 PM
I have some stock OEM FW bolts I can send you. Just gift me shipping and I'll have them out today.

Mocke
06-04-2015, 11:35 PM
http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac28/celison/272CC9DF-BA0A-4ADA-9D46-D0355B9AECE9_zpsorubw2vb.jpg (http://s882.photobucket.com/user/celison/media/272CC9DF-BA0A-4ADA-9D46-D0355B9AECE9_zpsorubw2vb.jpg.html)

1000s
modded 450 pump
TTV steel fw
8 button disk

This is 110psi mod 450 aka 485 Walbro???
Where did you buy it, plz??
Looking for realible seller.

landfill
06-05-2015, 12:16 AM
There are authorized dealers through Ebay that sell them for $125-$135. They might charge extra for shipping to Sweden though.
I use to pick these up from a Walbro distributor in Miami,FL. for $105 a piece but the price went up a tiny bit.

BITRBO
06-05-2015, 07:34 AM
Hey OP, any idea how much the whole build will run you once it's all said & done?

CELison
06-05-2015, 07:49 AM
Hey OP, any idea how much the whole build will run you once it's all said & done?

I know how much it is going to be. But a lot of that is between Sean and myself.

BITRBO
06-05-2015, 08:00 AM
I know how much it is going to be. But a lot of that is between Sean and myself.

Ok, no prob. Just curious is all.

GL [up]

CELison
06-05-2015, 09:29 AM
I cant wait to see this running. Its going to be sweet Ive always wanted a bonsai tree and Ive tried a few times and I cant keep them alive. Ive submersed them in water up to the root everyday like (http://www.tinyappworks.com) recommended and still cant. Can you keep one in this system?
The fuck are you talking about jabrone?

y3ti
06-05-2015, 09:43 AM
ADHD at its finest.

HighPsi(NorCal)
06-05-2015, 10:24 AM
The fuck are you talking about jabrone?

Thank you, I thought I was missing out on some inside joke or something, I must have gone over this thread 5 times trying to find a Bonsai tree, lol.

christianb5s4
06-05-2015, 12:22 PM
harold's post was funnier than it has any right to be.

landfill
06-05-2015, 04:11 PM
Seriously I missed a completely random post lol. Schizophrenics love the internet I hear.

jbain2
06-05-2015, 04:12 PM
Seriously I missed a completely random post lol. Schizophrenics love the internet I here.

Either that or shrooms. I laughed my ass off.

Mocke
06-06-2015, 01:33 AM
There are authorized dealers through Ebay that sell them for $125-$135. They might charge extra for shipping to Sweden though.
I use to pick these up from a Walbro distributor in Miami,FL. for $105 a piece but the price went up a tiny bit.

I wanna be sure getting the modified one as i already have 450 std that is loosing pressure after 85psi. I have heard ppl buying those modified 485 and no difference. Any way too tell diff or is it best modding it myself???

landfill
06-06-2015, 02:08 AM
If your running E85/high octane fuel and bigger turbos meaning stage 3+ variety you probably should look
at the SRM dual 450lph intank pump kit. Especially if you have modded your fuel pump relay with direct current
and still losing pressure from your 450 up top.

Lupe-81
06-06-2015, 02:39 AM
I wanna be sure getting the modified one as i already have 450 std that is loosing pressure after 85psi. I have heard ppl buying those modified 485 and no difference. Any way too tell diff or is it best modding it myself???

Just fit rewired Pierburg E3L in tank and you're done.

landfill
06-06-2015, 02:44 AM
^^^You have a link to this pump?

Drehmoment
06-06-2015, 11:40 AM
^
Veyron

CELison
06-06-2015, 12:22 PM
Motor mounts showed up today. Still waiting on my bonsai tress from the nursery
http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac28/celison/3F61ABD9-A073-49B4-909F-0C9CEAADC846_zpssug7szbz.jpg (http://s882.photobucket.com/user/celison/media/3F61ABD9-A073-49B4-909F-0C9CEAADC846_zpssug7szbz.jpg.html)

Drehmoment
06-06-2015, 12:53 PM
I bet all this stuff is underneath your pillow for sweet dreams....

slowSfaux
06-06-2015, 12:57 PM
Motor mounts showed up today. Still waiting on my bonsai tress from the nursery
http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac28/celison/3F61ABD9-A073-49B4-909F-0C9CEAADC846_zpssug7szbz.jpg (http://s882.photobucket.com/user/celison/media/3F61ABD9-A073-49B4-909F-0C9CEAADC846_zpssug7szbz.jpg.html)

I've heard that you have to soak them up to their roots every day.

landfill
06-06-2015, 06:05 PM
Lol Don't forget the office ficus tree...

jaychen
06-06-2015, 11:43 PM
dont forget to check wastegate pre-load and also locktight the nuts in place.

y3ti
06-06-2015, 11:46 PM
Did you ever figure out what caused the zero boost issue? I may have missed it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

landfill
06-07-2015, 12:20 AM
@jaychen, Did the nuts for your k24 wastegates back out on you after install?

jaychen
06-07-2015, 12:25 AM
@jaychen, Did the nuts for your k24 wastegates back out on you after install?

they appear to have moved, yes.

car was running very well, f-hose blew off after a pull. went home, parked up. next morning refitted f-hose, pressure tested again to make sure no leaks pre-tb and now im only making around 16psi at like 6000rpm.

either big leak post tb, or wastegates are stuck open.

they both crack at around 13ish psi though. lots of niggling issues with k24's. if i had my time over. tial 605 or 770's if i did rods.

landfill
06-07-2015, 12:30 AM
I definitely enjoyed installing tial kits. Probably the most convenient out of them all.

CELison
06-07-2015, 06:26 AM
My wg arms came with lock tite and the clips on them from srm

jaychen
06-07-2015, 06:58 AM
Upped his game

CELison
06-07-2015, 07:54 AM
Races lined up so far:
Cbr 600
TT coyote
Built Evo X
Procharged 1st gen ctsv

DieselElectric
06-07-2015, 11:23 AM
^ yes yes yes yes.

gmdiluca
06-08-2015, 08:59 AM
Races lined up so far:
Cbr 600
TT coyote
Built Evo X
Procharged 1st gen ctsv

Nice! Let's get this beast on the road

evilgti84
06-08-2015, 10:14 AM
Did you ever figure out what caused the zero boost issue?

CELison
06-08-2015, 10:46 AM
Did you ever figure out what caused the zero boost issue?
Nope. The mystery continues

Mocke
06-08-2015, 11:47 PM
If your running E85/high octane fuel and bigger turbos meaning stage 3+ variety you probably should look
at the SRM dual 450lph intank pump kit. Especially if you have modded your fuel pump relay with direct current
and still losing pressure from your 450 up top.

RS4 with oem RS6 turbos E85 10mmx2 wire straight from battery and 30Amp relay. I am seeing both in my logs and my tune pressure is dipping around 5500-6000rpm at apx 1.65bar at that rpm. It is exactly the place that pressure valve relises. Doubble is imo messy install. You can get all sort of to much pressure problems.

Mocke
06-08-2015, 11:48 PM
Just fit rewired Pierburg E3L in tank and you're done.

This pump is rated lower than walbro. Sure it can keep higher pressure but still it can not provide enough for feeding E85

landfill
06-09-2015, 01:36 AM
@mocke, SRM makes a drop-in/PnP dual in-tank pump kit. Go on sillyrabbitmotorsports.com and check it out.
Or run a bigger pump further up the line or of course the old surge tank setup. For me option 1 is the best.

Lupe-81
06-09-2015, 01:53 AM
This pump is rated lower than walbro. Sure it can keep higher pressure but still it can not provide enough for feeding E85

Maybe rated lower in paper, but in reality performs better. Fact. Doesn't collapse in high psi/flow demand like Walbro.

OEM RS6 + E85 + stock fuel lines and stock 4 bar rail + EV14 980cc/3bar injectors, 28psi@>7000rpm@6th gear, tested and seen via AFR+fuel pressure gauge, no issues.

jaychen
06-09-2015, 03:30 AM
Im asking in here because celsion is going to be running these, i run these... does anyone have any logs of k24/rs6 on stock (displacement) 2.7 motors?

would like to compare my logs to them

NOTORIOUS VR
06-09-2015, 06:18 AM
Just do the real Veryron pump (brushless) instead: http://www.jayracing.com/fuel-pumps-c-2_5/jay-racing-pro-series-l5lm-veyron-brushless-screw-fuel-pump-p-52147.html

1200 on gas over 800 on E85:

http://www.jayracing.com/images/products/L5LM_JR_Data_Sheet.jpg

landfill
06-09-2015, 03:57 PM
@Notorious, Will the above definitely support 800whp on E85? I'm looking for a pump for my urs6 and was going
to run a surge tank. I figured if there was a single intank pump that would support 800 horsepower it would have
spread around the interwebz like wildfire.

NOTORIOUS VR
06-10-2015, 06:34 AM
@Notorious, Will the above definitely support 800whp on E85? I'm looking for a pump for my urs6 and was going
to run a surge tank. I figured if there was a single intank pump that would support 800 horsepower it would have
spread around the interwebz like wildfire.

According to the flow numbers yes easily.... A buddy of mine actually just told me that AMS is offering this Pierburg pump along with their own programmable controller for less money (around $700 USD).

Link to AMS drop in kit (which is more money) for GTR but it has all the info on the capacity and their controller, etc:
http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/alpha-performance-r35-gt-r-omega-brushless-fuel-pump-system.html

DieselElectric
06-18-2015, 04:24 PM
So.......

CELison
06-18-2015, 07:43 PM
Block is still at the machine shop. In Michigan for work until tomorrow night. Fuel pump and maf housing on it's way.

CELison
06-19-2015, 08:20 AM
Things also being purchased in the near future:
18z bbk
Status seats
Auto power rear roll bar

S4 00 2.7
06-19-2015, 09:38 AM
Jesse are you still on stock brakes right now? What pads have you been using this whole time?

CELison
06-19-2015, 09:51 AM
Jesse are you still on stock brakes right now? What pads have you been using this whole time?

Yeah stock brakes. Hps pads. They work for the street fine but I would like something that I can do track days with.

Racin2redline
06-19-2015, 11:11 AM
Yeah stock brakes. Hps pads. They work for the street fine but I would like something that I can do track days with.

Damn, guess I should reconsider my needs, I probably want a bbk more than I need one.

jaychen
06-19-2015, 11:25 AM
I might be the only one that says this.. but 17/18z make the pedal feel 'unassisted' imo. Look into a master cyl upgrade. Stock brakes feel peppier.. 17/18 feel like its all manual.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

01audia4
06-19-2015, 11:27 AM
I might be the only one that says this.. but 17/18z make the pedal feel 'unassisted' imo. Look into a master cyl upgrade. Stock brakes feel peppier.. 17/18 feel like its all manual.

Sent from my SM-G900I using TapatalkI can attest to this. I am not a huge fan of how my pedal feels after the 17z "upgrade".

jaychen
06-19-2015, 11:30 AM
I can attest to this. I am not a huge fan of how my pedal feels after the 17z "upgrade".
Id prob swap back to stock if i could be fucked.. My next build won't be using the standard master if i upgrade the brakes.

aysix
06-19-2015, 11:31 AM
Im asking in here because celsion is going to be running these, i run these... does anyone have any logs of k24/rs6 on stock (displacement) 2.7 motors?

would like to compare my logs to them

Yep

http://i.imgur.com/QINj0i7.png

http://i.imgur.com/zOm3hQX.png

http://i.imgur.com/EO2Y1BH.png

jaychen
06-20-2015, 08:33 AM
Can you pm me the .bin/csv (whatever the fuck it is) please? Want to overlay

Corradovolksb
06-20-2015, 09:08 AM
Just a suggestion. I'm running the B8 s4 front calipers and pads with B6 s4 slotted and cross drilled rotors and have better than stock pedal feel and they make my car stop insane. Plus they look OEM plus behind my wheels and you should be able to pick up a set cheaper than the 17/18z's.

S4 00 2.7
06-20-2015, 09:21 AM
Just a suggestion. I'm running the B8 s4 front calipers and pads with B6 s4 slotted and cross drilled rotors and have better than stock pedal feel and they make my car stop insane. Plus they look OEM plus behind my wheels and you should be able to pick up a set cheaper than the 17/18z's.

more info on this? do they just bolt up as is?

Bische
06-20-2015, 12:04 PM

True this?

If so I am getting the master upgraded aswell, I have a set of 18z's waiting to go on. But I expect them to be real nasty..

Aysix: On 93? might want to take some boost out, get more timing in and lean it a bit. What is your FATS? 3.0-3.2?

Corradovolksb
06-20-2015, 01:42 PM
more info on this? do they just bolt up as is?

Yes they bolt right up in the stock caliper carrier location. You need the calipers, carriers, pads and lines from the b8 S4 and the rotors from a B6 or B7 s4 due to the rotor off set of the B8 is different than the B5,6,7. The stock B5 s4 rotor size is 12.7in and the B6 rotors size is 13.3in and the B8 pads cover more rotor surface area so they have great clamping force on the rotor. The caliper is a large single piston but it gets the job done really well for the weight of our cars.

aysix
06-20-2015, 02:48 PM
Aysix: On 93? might want to take some boost out, get more timing in and lean it a bit. What is your FATS? 3.0-3.2?

For that log my fats were 3.12 with an A6. That's not my final log though, I actually did take some boost off the top and made the same amount of power.

http://i.imgur.com/kAKY4YJ.png

Bische
06-20-2015, 03:02 PM
For that log my fats were 3.12 with an A6. That's not my final log though, I actually did take some boost off the top and made the same amount of power.

http://i.imgur.com/kAKY4YJ.png

Thumbs up [:)]

CELison
06-20-2015, 04:56 PM
Called the machine shop. They were closed thurs and fri. Block has been there for 3 fucking weeks. I think when I pick it up I'm going to turn around and take a shit on the shoes of the first person I see that works there.

Drehmoment
06-20-2015, 05:56 PM
so you are elevating that person to shit kicker status?

S4 00 2.7
06-20-2015, 06:26 PM

what master cylinder? B6 S4?

jaychen
06-20-2015, 06:28 PM
True this?

If so I am getting the master upgraded aswell, I have a set of 18z's waiting to go on. But I expect them to be real nasty..

True this.

I think most guys in MRC land go with a b7 rs4 master (b5 guys here).

I dont really like them at all tbh. My gf's mk6 golf has better brakes.

RocksForsSale
06-20-2015, 07:28 PM
Called the machine shop. They were closed thurs and fri. Block has been there for 3 fucking weeks. I think when I pick it up I'm going to turn around and take a shit on the shoes of the first person I see that works there.

What machine shop? 3 weeks is nothing... Every time I've had blocks machined / assembled it takes months. They say 3 weeks but it takes 3 months lol.

CELison
06-20-2015, 07:33 PM
All they are doing is hot tanking and honing the block and polishing the crank. I'm building it

RocksForsSale
06-20-2015, 07:39 PM
No doubt, they are just never straight with time estimates at least my personal experience so I'm always tacking 2-3x the time from whatever they quote because it seems to always work out that way.