PDA

View Full Version : installing V2 skirts...

A4_Andre
09-20-2005, 06:01 AM
so i'm getting ready to have my V2 kit installed and was planning on saving money and installing it all myself. i was looking at the stock skirts and was wondering, when i put the V2 skirts on i lose the lip that the OEM jack goes on? will i have to carry one of those heavy shop ones in my trunk if i get a flat?

Starting
09-20-2005, 06:44 AM
I doubt you are going to be able to use the stock jack on the lip with v2 sides. I had v1 sides and I doubt the jack would have fit but my car was pretty low.

A4_Andre
09-20-2005, 07:52 AM
yeah, i figured that, but will the part of the OEM skirts with the lip have to be removed? when i looked at it really fast the other day it seemd to me like it would be removed

goody6691
09-20-2005, 07:57 AM
ypu will not be able to put a jack under those skirts. i had to make a long set of ramps just to get a jack under the car. you could install the sides yourself. you have to remove the black door trim [only the part on the flat bottom of the door area] the clean all the old glue off. the new skirt should be test fitted a few times. the use the adhesive you should have gotten with the skirts . put them on then close the doors and tape everything into place and wait 24 hours.