PDA

View Full Version : B5 1.8T Vaccum Line Picture

General Jackson
09-20-2005, 05:49 AM
This kinda goes along with my thread on Seafoam. Does anyone have a picture of the vaccum line that I need to feed the seafoam into my car with? I have an 01' 1.8T A4.

Thank you,

General Jackson

General Jackson
09-20-2005, 10:58 AM
sorry to be rushing you guys - Does anyone have anything at all? Maybe someone can help by explaining where it would be without a picture.

Thanks for the help - I know I need it. :-)

Audi A4 1.8T
09-20-2005, 11:01 AM
i think there something on the 2nd page. i see your local

General Jackson
09-20-2005, 11:53 AM
Hey, Thanks or the reply.

I'm down in Atlanta with all the pollution and traffic. I guess you just have traffic, for now.

I looked on the 2nd page, but he doesn't have a pic of the 1.8T engine. Someone else told me that there was a small braided line that goes into the manifold that has a clamp. He said to remove that and that will be the line I need to use to feed my engine.

Any thoughts on that?

Thank you

Audi A4 1.8T
09-20-2005, 12:58 PM
oh ok thats where i tapped for my boost guage,

maybe look for boost guage install. that will show u the braided line... its also brittle and dried out in most cases

rowdysaudi1
09-20-2005, 01:12 PM
Jackson, you got PM

Quattrocket
09-20-2005, 01:55 PM
is this the line that runs in fron of the timing belt cover???

General Jackson
09-20-2005, 01:57 PM
Rowdy,

Thanks for the PM - I still don't know which vac line to send this through. If someone helps me to do this, I will post pictures for all to see next week! :-)

My car is getting about 17mpg and that's with Seafoam in a full tank of gas!!

Thank you.

RedRocket
09-20-2005, 02:05 PM
Maybe you can cut the top of the can open, losen the throttle body to intercooler hose at the intercooler end and just suck the entire can with that. haha

Actually I'm trying to do the same thing, I think we can use either if the two lines that go into the intake manifold. However I woudl use the one closer to the front of the car to not disturb the fuel pressure side. You don't want the engine to stall prematurely, you want to suck as much seafoam as possible. It's the line that goes from the BBV to the Manifold.

General Jackson
09-20-2005, 02:26 PM
Redrocket - Very Cool! I'm gonna take a look when I go out to the parking lot. I should be able to see this line with the engine cover on, right? It's braided, right?

Thank you

BarryT82
09-20-2005, 04:36 PM
If you look on the underside of your hood there should be a vaccum line diagram on the passenger side of the car.

white fish
09-20-2005, 04:58 PM
i think you are to use both vacum lines on front and back side of intake manifold equally that way it goes to all 4 cylinders

General Jackson
09-21-2005, 05:46 AM
I didn't even look up at the diagram - I'll shoot out to the car in a little while and take a look. I assume it will tell me where my vacuum lines are.

Being that there are 2 little braided hoses on the top of my engine. One is towards the front of the engine and the 2nd is towards the back - These must be the vacuum lines I need to feed the seafoam into.

RedRocket
09-21-2005, 07:29 AM
Ya I would use them both like white fish said, equally.....