PDA

View Full Version : Speed sensor failure results in limp mode?

TurboForTheWin
09-19-2005, 09:23 PM
I found out that my car threw a sporatic code for the speed sensor today. What the symptons were included no gauges working/no gauges lighting up/hesitation when releasing off the throttle...

Could the speed sensor result in the car's poor performance? Its pretty much a given, seeing as how its the only code the car threw...What does a new speed sensor run for now-a-days?

diegomatrix
09-19-2005, 09:32 PM
anytime u get CEL, it's gonna go into limp mode...i think...

vehicle speed sensor in wheel....roughly 162-225 ish depending on year, qwd or not.and front or rear wheels... speed sensor in the tranny is like 79 ish.... (parts costs only....add more $$ if u get stealer to do the work...)

buck
09-20-2005, 07:09 AM
is it an engine speed sensor?

if so, yes, your car will run like crap. It will need to be replaced.

Not sure of the cost.

jaredpgh
09-20-2005, 10:41 AM
Wait, the speed sensors on the wheel are for the ABS, the "speed sensor" on the engine is actually the crank position sensor, and the sensor on the output shaft of the transmission is a proper "vehicle speed sensor". The tranny sensor would cause the gage problems but the engine sensor would definitely cause the hesitation, and maybe worse. EVIL-AUDI had a problem with the one in the tranny, ask him for help.