PDA

View Full Version : New O2 Sensor & Stasis Streesports

ChrisAudi
09-19-2005, 06:27 PM
My car was squeeking insanely bad so I took it to my friend's dad who is a mechanic to have the Stasis streetsports installed for me. And I figured why not have him install the new O2 sensor too. Welll what a difference

I had had Eibach springs on stock shocks, and the car handled well, but now it runs like its on rails. No more bouncing up and down when I go from road to bridges. And no more rubbing when I pull in the driveway. My old setup had about a 1.5 finger gap, now I easily have a 3 finger gap. I have a Reiger kit waiting to be painted, so it'll look lower soon enough.

As far as the O2 sensor. The car sounded better from the startup. The tone is a little deeper with a lot less high wind noise that I had. I have no idea why the O2 sensor fixed that. It also reduced my overboosting. I only have a K03 but I was spiking up to 1.45 bar, holding 1.3. Now Its a much greater pull, without the nasty spiking that was shaking my drivetrain. No longer a need for those RS4 engine mounts. (Who wants em?) I also had been getting dreadful gas milleage, so this should fix that.

While in the shop, the guy noticed a busted axle due to a broken CV joint. Hence, the nasty squeeking. The part was relatively cheap.

All together, the install, with a new axle came to $571.

Poopie
09-19-2005, 08:18 PM
let me know if you ot better gas mileage

Crisqo
09-20-2005, 05:19 PM
where'd you pick up the O2?

VtAudi
09-20-2005, 06:54 PM
I'm having new O2 sensors put in tommorow, and I'm anal about how much mileage I'm getting, I'll post if I have any different results.

ChrisAudi
09-20-2005, 08:43 PM
Yea I'll post the next full tank. I got the O2 from ECS 108 bucks

undertow999
09-21-2005, 12:30 AM
you can get O2 sensors cheap at: www.bosch4less.com