PDA

View Full Version : Turbo bearings on CPO 01.5

Nor_Cal_Driver
09-19-2005, 11:53 AM
First of all, I have a 2001.5 1.8TQMS, I bought the car certified pre-owned from an Audi dealer with 36K miles, first 10K front brake caliper seized, dealer did compete front brakes free, 2nd I had the oil sludge issue, plugged line, starved head for oil, dealer fixed for free and now I have what sounds to be bearing in the turbo is going out.

When I bought the car, it had an APR chip soldered in, I had it removed and a GIAC re-flash with loader installed. So the turbo has been used by me in high boost for at least 30K miles plus who knows how long the APR chip was on when I got it. Bearings going out and dealer is now before even seeing the car dragging their feet about replacing the turbo because I change the oil myself rather then a shop or dealer. What can I do to prepare for next weeks appointment so I don't take it in the pants on the turbo replacement? The car is at 70K miles and I can't afford a new turbo as I just had a newborn and spent my wad on the hospital and baby stuff. Suggestions?

RedRocket
09-19-2005, 11:58 AM
Do you have a copy of the warrenty agreement? If so, what are the details and conditions of the warrenty. If it says nothing about oil changes i don't think they will have a leg to stand on.

Are they aware that you have a chip, I would keep that business out of their ears for sure, even though they sold it to you with a chip knowing or not.

Nor_Cal_Driver
09-19-2005, 12:03 PM
I'll bet they had no idea about the prior chip the car had, but they will not know about my GIAC as I will put it in stock mode before I bring it in. The guy on the phone was making it sound like I'm screwed since I change my own oil.

mike-2ptzero
09-19-2005, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Nor_Cal_Driver
I'll bet they had no idea about the prior chip the car had, but they will not know about my GIAC as I will put it in stock mode before I bring it in. The guy on the phone was making it sound like I'm screwed since I change my own oil.

Well you can always find a used K03 from a 2001+. If they want you to pay for a new one, just ask them if they would do the labor for free if you get the turbo on your own.

k0mpresd
09-19-2005, 02:26 PM
you could get a good used turbo for relatively cheap

prob find one for less than $200

Nor_Cal_Driver
09-21-2005, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by mike-2ptzero
Well you can always find a used K03 from a 2001+. If they want you to pay for a new one, just ask them if they would do the labor for free if you get the turbo on your own.

Good idea, thanx.

I could always get a K04 if they try and bend me over.

k0mpresd,

I had no idea I could get a used one for that cheap, K03S?