PDA

View Full Version : back to stock suspension

XHCKYPLYR
09-19-2005, 11:40 AM
I've lowered my car and now i want to put it back to stock height. It's a 98 FWD, 2.8LV6, auto. It has Bilstein sports now and some Freedom Design lowering springs. The roads here in Hampton Roads, VA really suck for this car at this height. One hole in the transmission pan, one in oil pan, a leaking (again) tranny, and just a really torn up bottom of car. Since the Bilstein sport shocks have a lifetime warranty, is it okay to put the stock springs back on with replacement Bilstein Sports? I've done the searching, but everything I've seen is about lowering, not going back stock. Please help. Thanks in advance.
Josh

SeanF
09-19-2005, 12:13 PM
you will be just fine...

they are still an upgrade with new springs or not...

94jedi
09-19-2005, 12:15 PM
Well, bilstein suggest using the HD's for stock springs but you should be fine. The ride may be just a tad stiffer than the Hd's wich are gear towards OEM upgrades.

Hassmeister
09-19-2005, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by 94jedi
Well, bilstein suggest using the HD's for stock springs Which Stock? Bone stock or stock Sport Springs too?[rolleyes]

XHCKYPLYR
09-20-2005, 02:07 AM
The HD's and the sports are the same price at shox.com, so maybe i'll just go with them. If i want a stiff ride, i get in my bronco - 6" lift and 35s [:D] Thanks for the responses