PDA

View Full Version : Temporary n75 delete?

thedownwardsprl
03-31-2015, 12:47 PM
So i know I'm probably gonna get a few people thinking I'm nuts. My n75 code is still popping up and haven't found bad wiring. I'm thinking about running a vacuum line from waste gate directly to the intake manifold using a vacuum t to fit diverter on as well. Here is a picture of what i was thinkinghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/31/05a090ef10d1203fd77d2750c4ede9dc.jpg figure manifold pressure controlling wastegate is better than no control at all. Any thoughts?

S4NIK8
03-31-2015, 12:59 PM
this will just run things at waste gate pressure, which is usually what happens when the N75 fails anyway. Also there is a pressure port on the turbo so there isn't a reason to run one from the intake manifold. Is the car over boosting?

thedownwardsprl
03-31-2015, 01:08 PM
Nope not at all just not boosting acting weird giving a moan/whoosh sound from the driver side vent. Slow as hell. And I'm gonna replace the dv because it is chattering

Corrado_Guy
03-31-2015, 08:19 PM
Running the vacuum line off of the intake manifold will result in you running off of the waste gate spring so it will be lower depending on your setup. You can try it and see how things run because the N75 can go bad so it is a good baseline. You can run a manual boost controller if you like which will set your upper limit and boost will come on when it comes on so it will surge and spike as you are on and off the gas. I run a MBC and I run the N75 so it smooths out the power curve and makes it a bit easier to control. I would check for intake leaks keeping a close eye on the PCV system because they rot over time. Pressure test your intake system and make sure you have no other issues before replacing things.

thedownwardsprl
04-01-2015, 05:48 AM
Already replaced all pcv related parts all turbo plumbing. Breather hoses etc. So intake gasket has been done

Corrado_Guy
04-01-2015, 07:08 PM
Already replaced all pcv related parts all turbo plumbing. Breather hoses etc. So intake gasket has been done

Have you done a pressure leak test on the intake system? There are so many things that can go wrong and this simple test can tell you where you should be looking and save money with not replacing serviceable parts.

thedownwardsprl
04-01-2015, 08:29 PM
Well the fluttering dv sound and no boost says that so i ordered a 710n. But not say other issues in gonna year the front end off again tomorrow and check other suspects. Needless to say. ..i spent nearly 1200 bucks at a local shop redoing my turbo setup making some transmission lines and cooler and getting a breather hose and pcv setup. Had to do everything again myself the day it got out. For god sake. .. the damn dv hose got caught in the fan and came off going down the road while logging. So yeah they can make it up by not having the dumb redneck mess with my shit. I will let them figure it out. And get my car a new coolant flange. Don't know if it coincidence but they took the manifold off...And now it leaks ....lol

thedownwardsprl
04-02-2015, 06:31 PM
Okay unplugged n75 it boost! ! But diverter valve is fine

thedownwardsprl
04-02-2015, 06:32 PM
Gone! I mean it's gone