PDA

View Full Version : Windows stopped workin. Please give me some ideas

psilvestri11
03-30-2015, 12:37 PM
97 a4 2.8 5 speed quattro: Left all my windows open then took a nap not knowing it was going to rain, car got absolutely soaked inside. At first all electric windows were working fine then a few days later got stuck open. Kept trying to roll them up daily and one day they randomly worked then stopped again ( at least they're stuck shut!!). Thought it could be my ICM( interior control module), not to be confused with CCM ( climate control module), underneath my drivers seat but my power seat is still working so this confused me. Asked a few friends and mechanics, they agreed with me or said i have to chase down a short somewhere.I would rather get more opinions before spending money on parts or before tearing my car apart to track the problem down. Any input is appreciated. Power locks stopped working to, don't know if that has anything to do with it but might as well throw it out there. Thanks!!

Seerlah
03-30-2015, 04:34 PM
Water probably just messed your switches up. Taking a guess. They react the same with all the switches the same way?

razors4us
03-31-2015, 11:38 AM
Pull the carpet up on the drivers side and you'll see a black box, it has the CCM module in there, those wires that run to it tend to get corroded... you really have to dig into them to see them all properly as some of them that corrode are wrapped in tape, don't be afraid to unwind the loom a little. I picked up an 01 passat that had the same problem