PDA

View Full Version : Possible Boost Leak

GlacialBass
09-16-2005, 03:10 PM
AFter logging 115, I've come up with the following. Looks like a possible boost leak, thoughts?

http://www.glacialbass.com/images/cars/audi/logs/boost.gif

BranCKY3
09-16-2005, 10:38 PM
What are your mods?

mike-2ptzero
09-17-2005, 07:59 AM
Well if your in CO I would think your actual boost reading might be lower then requested because of elevation and temps. Being that high is going to cause your atmos pressure to be much lower and colder temps also cause boost pressure to be lower. What does your actual boost pressure say when the key is on and the motor is off or at idle?

Have to understand that your actual boost reading on that log is what your getting on your car, the requested reading is a set map that will look the same no matter what your elevation or air temps are.

GlacialBass
09-17-2005, 11:50 AM
I am APR chipped, a 710N, and a K&N. That's it as far as mods.

Elevation could have something to do with it. But it's not as cold as you think Mike ;) It was 86 degrees during that run. Won't be all that cool here for a while still.

Actual boost presure reads 820MBar at idle and with the car off. I am going to log 114 today and see if the n75 is maxing out and then find someone with a compressor locally to test I suppose. When logging the MAF signal, I'm only pulling 126g/s or so at the top end. I am wondering if that's normal at this elevation as well (6000ft+ DA).

Any more thoughts? Thanks for the help!

Justin

BranCKY3
09-17-2005, 12:07 PM
Does it run like there's a boost leak? Any noises? What's your vacuum at idle; vacuum coasting in gear off throttle?

mike-2ptzero
09-17-2005, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by GlacialBass
I am APR chipped, a 710N, and a K&N. That's it as far as mods.

Elevation could have something to do with it. But it's not as cold as you think Mike ;) It was 86 degrees during that run. Won't be all that cool here for a while still.

Actual boost presure reads 820MBar at idle and with the car off. I am going to log 114 today and see if the n75 is maxing out and then find someone with a compressor locally to test I suppose. When logging the MAF signal, I'm only pulling 126g/s or so at the top end. I am wondering if that's normal at this elevation as well (6000ft+ DA).

Any more thoughts? Thanks for the help!

Justin

Sounds about right for beging at 6000 ft, plus having it so warm will also increase the adjusted alt to equal even a higher elevation. Since your only getting 820mbar, this means your actaually boost reading will be about 100-200 mbar lower then people closer to sea level.

Look at block 032 to see how your LTFT are, if there is a leak it will show up there. Leak between the maf/turbo will show both to be lean, if the leak is after the turbo the idle will be lean and the part throttle will be rich.