PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Boost gauge sending unit

Murph_129
03-08-2015, 08:50 AM
So I'm trying to get ahold of a boost gauge sender.. Which for some reason is proving to be pretty difficult to fine one.. Other than buying a whole boost gauge just for the sending unit... Anyone have one lying around you would be willing to sell to me?

http://i.imgur.com/Vgpg49G.png

Mad Cow
03-08-2015, 09:51 AM
That's a chinese gauge right? I've tried finding that sender before and had no success. If you can't find one I can give you a part number for a different sender that should work just fine, I just need to know the range of the current sender to match it.

Murph_129
03-08-2015, 09:54 AM
Hey thanks man! I am actually making my own gauges and using my own controller. So whatever voltage the sender is that you have or have links for will work fine.

GrapeBandit
03-08-2015, 11:18 AM
never heard of a non - electronic boost gauge sending unit. you hook one end of the vacuum hose the the back of the gauge, and the other end goes to the engine. the vacuum hose is your sending unit lol

Murph_129
03-08-2015, 02:33 PM
never heard of a non - electronic boost gauge sending unit. you hook one end of the vacuum hose the the back of the gauge, and the other end goes to the engine. the vacuum hose is your sending unit lol

That's one type of electronic gauge. Yes. With those type, the sender is inside the pod with the display. So you just run the vacuum line all the way to the pod. I want the sender alone, and then Ill run wiring to my "gauge"..

GrapeBandit
03-08-2015, 02:41 PM
That's one type of electronic gauge. Yes. With those type, the sender is inside the pod with the display. So you just run the vacuum line all the way to the pod. I want the sender alone, and then Ill run wiring to my "gauge"..

the only wiring on a non - electronic gauge would be the power and ground, the vacuum line hooked to the engine is "the sender". i still dont get what a sender would do on a mechanical boost gauge

Murph_129
03-08-2015, 02:44 PM
the only wiring on a non - electronic gauge would be the power and ground, the vacuum line hooked to the engine is "the sender". i still dont get what a sender would do on a mechanical boost gauge

I think your a little confused and talking about something different... I'm not talking a about mechanical gauges at all.. lol.. All electrical..... look at the picture in the OP.

The "sender" is selected with the red rectangle. It has a vacuum line that plugs into the sender and runs to your manifold or wherever you are tapping into for your boost reference. The wires on the sender then get wired into the wires hanging off the back of the pod (display) itself. I want JUST the sender selected in red. I am hooking it up to a micro controller and using my own displays.

GrapeBandit
03-08-2015, 02:52 PM
yea, I get what you are saying now lol

Murph_129
03-08-2015, 02:57 PM
yea, I get what you are saying now lol

[up]

..... so eh.. got one laying around? lol

GrapeBandit
03-08-2015, 03:05 PM
[up]

..... so eh.. got one laying around? lol

nah, I use mechanical boost gauges, its the only way to go[up]

Murph_129
03-08-2015, 03:08 PM
nah, I use mechanical boost gauges, its the only way to go[up]

Not with my system its not! [:D] clicky click (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/636967-Coding-Project-Car-diagnostics-and-logging-utility)

GrapeBandit
03-08-2015, 04:07 PM
Not with my system its not! [:D] clicky click (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/636967-Coding-Project-Car-diagnostics-and-logging-utility)

you are trying to reinvent the wheel. they already have something like that, its call Zeitronix ZT-2 w/LCD display and data logger. mine will be here tomorrow

Murph_129
03-08-2015, 04:31 PM
you are trying to reinvent the wheel. they already have something like that, its call Zeitronix ZT-2 w/LCD display and data logger. mine will be here tomorrow

I'm really not. I'm trying to have a good time and challenge myself to learn new things! Its for entertainment purpose only.