PDA

View Full Version : First Mod ---

Rosati
09-14-2005, 10:55 AM
For the A4 I still dont have. (lost my job --major hault)
still almost there tho hangin tough! if you wana help - 19" ROH Drift R's w/ 4 new Toyo Proxes 4 sale-
http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?p=1046863&posted=1#post1046863

enough of my hardships!

To the system so far!

Components-

Pioneer Premier Model Headunit/cdplayer

Pioneer 250w rear speakers-6" x 8" will they fit the a4??? if not ill just make em fit ;)

Rockford Fosgate Punch Amp-Reads 360.2- I dont know how good this is but I picked it up from a friend for cheap. I have some connections as you can see. what else would I need?

JL Audio W6-competition sub--- Unknown potential he said it kicks hard and 2 could supposedly break glass.

comments and suggestions on what else I would need to get-- im a Go guy, this is my first "system" (besides 2 front speakers)

(im enjoying my first post w/ DSL!)

thanks!

http://www.njsr.org/pics/albums/userpics/10437/normal_DSC04066.JPG

Large Image (http://www.njsr.org/pics/albums/userpics/10437/DSC04066.JPG)

R-Dub
09-14-2005, 11:00 AM
Nice set up - Im not a fan of Fostgate myself, but this system should deliver.

JLWs are hard hitters, small and clean.

OutkastSL
09-14-2005, 12:06 PM
those jl's are w6v2's in either 10" or 12". those kick hard and need a lot of power. that fosgate amp is not going to give the jl's full potential.

Daft
09-14-2005, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Rosati
JL Audio W6-competition sub--- Unknown potential he said it kicks hard and 2 could supposedly break glass.

You won't be breaking any glass with a W6. I used to run 3 JL 12W6 wired together in 4ohm mono on a PPI A600. I hit 149db of SPL but, no window breakage.

BTw, I'd ditch the 6x8s, they'll have no proper place to fit in the A4. All the stock locations are for round speakers.

SeanF
09-14-2005, 12:34 PM
149 with 3 JL 12w6s? was it in your audi?

where was this?

i was at a competition and took second to a guy with 3 12w6s... wasnt an audi... he hit 149

i hit 147 with 1 single 15... in a ported box with something like a 40-45hz tone, i cant remember which one was actually the sweet spot...

the back window had about an inch and a half of excursion, but no breakage...

OutkastSL
09-14-2005, 12:41 PM
damn that's loud!!! 149 db's? the most i had was 135db's in my civic hatch and it was 3 jl10w6 and i wasn't tuned yet.

Rosati
09-14-2005, 02:15 PM
Get outta town.

More suggestions please. thanks

SeanF
09-14-2005, 02:23 PM
first of all, that level of pressure, is nowhere near comfortable, i put a delay on my tones so i could get out of my car in time...

next, if you really want loud, ported is the way to go... you sacrifice sound quality, but in a well designed box, it can sound just as good as a generic sealed box...

you have a quality speaker there... id say try it before you think about going too crazy...

winisd is a good program for designing boxes... http://www.linearteam.org

OutkastSL
09-14-2005, 06:11 PM
personally i like SQ (sound quality), get a sealed box for that clean, hard hitting bass. ported for LOUD!!!

Rosati
09-16-2005, 05:45 PM
Update.

So i tried the sub out on my buddy's mazda 3. Hes got a good kenwood amp I know it sgood but forgot the model number.

First we bumped his "sony" 12's . Supposedly 360 rms rated subs.

For sonys they bumped good. Only it was the trashy kind of bump. vibrated alot bass wasnt that clean but wasnt that bad.

Then I plugged in my W6. obviously didnt hit as hard as the other guys, But was much cleaner and clear. Now heres the best part. His subs were vibrating my house. I put mine in and you could hardly hear the subs ouside the car. This is great for my neighborhood bc they complain. (also for cops)

So I dont know what to do im just gonna use that setup and take it from there. (Keep the components stock and the sub w/ my RF amp.) For now.

Rosati
09-16-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by OutkastSL
personally i like SQ (sound quality), get a sealed box for that clean, hard hitting bass. ported for LOUD!!!

W/ The box I have now , and its "special design" traps the bass in the car and doesnt emit it everywhere, would making a hole *porting* defeat the purpose?

Skippster86
09-16-2005, 07:07 PM
IT depends on how you want the sound.

Like a hatchback, if you want it loud, the port holes move air and have more bass filling the car.

If the sub is in the trunk in an enclosed area, close the port and the whole trunk will resonate the sound.