PDA

View Full Version : How long could it take to bleed the air out of the coolant from the weep hole

thermostate82
02-25-2015, 06:17 AM
My car over heats at idle after driving for a while but when I start moving again it's fine. I have the heater core bypassed (it's shot) and I live in Florida. I had the water pump replaced last year. No leaks. So I'm thinking either the rad or air so I'm bleeding it now. Little bubbles with a slow small stream of coolant comig out unless I give t gas then it squirts out ?

thermostate82
02-25-2015, 06:31 AM
Air!!! Sigh

Davdraco1
02-25-2015, 07:48 AM
When I did my timing belt I just filled it up from the overflow tank and the air came out of it. I didn't have to bleed anything.

thermostate82
02-25-2015, 08:07 AM
I got it bleed from the heater core hose weep hole. Didn't think there could be that much air in the system but it's all out now I hope.

OldAudiA4
08-20-2017, 02:48 AM
When I bleed my system using the hole at the top of one of the heater hoses, at the start I got a few air bubbles like soapy bubbles, then a stream, then nothing. If I rev it, once you go back to idle, you get a stream of water coming out, then nothing, no coolant, no air. Does that sound right?