PDA

View Full Version : Overheating Air in system issue

Kpalmada
02-22-2015, 08:03 PM
How is it going everyone!

so I have a serious issue with me A4, its a B5 V6 2.8l Quattro

My situation is that my car is overheating, so far ive done a radiator flush and bleed it through the left hose from the heater core, I see the air come out and a stream of the pink coolant; then i put the hose fully back on ( car is running while bleeding)

For some reason my car keeps overheating the car will warm up to the middle of the gauge drive around heat on high but blowing cold air sometimes when its revved to 3 or 4 Rpm i will get a blast of heat then consistent cold air. For the past two days once that happen id get out the car unclamp the hose and i will see air come out then lil sprays of coolant clamp the hose back on and i will have consistent heat for the drive i need to go to work.

Once the car sits for a period of time i let the car warm up drive, get small blast of heat then consistent cold air, repeat the bleed and it would be good. so far after today a large spray off coolant came out spilled alot but i was quick to clamp it. and resumed the drive and made it home with hot heat and normal operating temp

at this point i dont know what to do or what im doing wrong, i used my LED flashlight to try and see if any steam is releasing anywhere (during the night) and didnt find anything

as of right now my thermostat is barley used only about a year, water pump as well, please help i feel like im losing hope with the car [headbang]

P.S. havent seen any leaks lately and my oil is fine not milky like the mix of oil and antifreeze would look like

redline380
02-22-2015, 08:32 PM
Sounds like a head gasket to me. A leak down test would confirm this

Kpalmada
02-22-2015, 09:14 PM
i think it could be, i havent had time to go to a mechanic and try to let them do a test. my exhaust smoke is still the same since before the boilover overheating started

Kpalmada
02-23-2015, 07:01 PM
I found the leak today! It looks like it's coming from the middle of the car while at work before I left I

Let the car warm up before driving came outside and saw a coolant leak on the ground about a cup or so I look down and the bottom of the engine was raining but it looks like it's coming from the middle of the block think it could be the water pump or thermos?

redline380
02-23-2015, 07:12 PM
Its very possible. You should test the system by pressurizing it and watching where the coolant comes from

Kpalmada
03-06-2015, 04:00 PM
Sorry for the late response I got it pressurized it was the water pump, I got all I need just waiting for timing tool