PDA

View Full Version : And she's dead :-(

beardman
02-17-2015, 02:48 PM
Well no more wrenching n this one for me. After 260,000 miles, my 99 A4 tip finally gave up.

Driving home yesterday I heard what I though was some ice falling off the back of the car. I actuality, it was a piece of gear getting thrown out of my center diff. I didn't realize until I got home an was shoveling my driveway that there was gear oil in my driveway.

She has served her life and even though I just did the timing belt and put in a used tranny 10K miles ago I think I'm done.

Next car to work on for me will be an Allroad and all the fun that goes with that.

Watch the classified for parts coming soon. Never got to do my double DIN swap, 2871r Elim install S4 rear brakes etc.

redline380
02-17-2015, 02:56 PM
Um, its just a diff. Why not fix?

MetalMan
02-17-2015, 03:00 PM
No chance for a manual swap?

beardman
02-17-2015, 04:05 PM
yeah, considered both options, but the used tranny needs help right off the bat, so a manual swap was def an option that I was considering, but there are just too many little things that I have neglected and it would take too much money to fix them all and make me happy. Add these things onto really needing a larger car for a growing family and its just time to call it.

Plus someone needs to keep feeding the yard with parts for people right?

pbcrazy
02-17-2015, 04:08 PM
Why not just fix the little things and sell it? You will get more money than just junking it

Tamarillo
02-17-2015, 06:21 PM
Why not just fix the little things and sell it? You will get more money than just junking it

Is it worth anything with that miles? I thought cars were much cheaper in the US, certainly they are new, so I'd thought second hand cars also were low. In NZ that miles will be damn near worthless.
Sell parts for more?