PDA

View Full Version : Trunk button freezing up

Mad Cow
02-15-2015, 04:22 PM
My trunk opening button froze up again for the 5th time this winter, I ended up having to pull the trunklid liner and disconnect the latch from the button to get the damn thing to latch closed in the middle of a blizzard, not a fun time. It's happened before but never this bad, in the past I've tried both wet and dry spray lubricants sprayed around the edge of the button, nothing seems to help. Is there a trick to keep it from freezing up, or am I gonna have to crawl into the trunk from inside every time it snows and it's colder than -10?

redline380
02-15-2015, 04:27 PM
Have you taken apart the mechanism and cleaned it out? Mine quits working every once in a while and I have to take it apart and free it up.

adam044
02-15-2015, 04:28 PM
Tape a hand warmer to it. That should do it!

GrapeBandit
02-15-2015, 04:31 PM
hit it with a hammer, or dont use the trunk or move somewhere where you wont have that problem lol

seanf86
02-15-2015, 04:57 PM
If its not popping back out all the way its corrosion or ice,if I stick my key 1\4inch in and angle it towards the trunk I can pull the button out and it stays latched, if it won't push in because its frozen I use a propane torch to heat it up and spray it with WD 40 and I'm good for a few car washes, I just have to remember to re spray it every two weeks.