PDA

View Full Version : Opinions of BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2

juju4uofa
09-12-2005, 05:11 PM
I can get a great deal on these tires (somewhere between $80 and $100 a piece for 225/40R18s). They look awesome and have gotten exceptional performance reviews. But, I've also read they produce lots of road noise. I have my radio on all the time so this isn't a huge deal but I'm just curious what your thoughts are.

SilverBullet
09-12-2005, 07:40 PM
i got those tires for my rims...i love them, super sticky, awsome in the rain. The road noise isnt that bad, but if you have your music on all the time then you have nothing to worry about it... Id go with it and get them. You will love those tires trust me...best money ive spent.

voodooA4
09-12-2005, 08:08 PM
I have the KDWS model, and after about 1000 miles, I'd highly recommend them. Way better than my old dunlops...

I haven't really noticed that much road noise, even with the radio turned off...

b00st
09-12-2005, 10:10 PM
they are supposed to be the best tire out there right now. from the road test i saw. i'd get em'....especially if you can get a deal for them.

pigliiit
09-13-2005, 06:42 AM
I love mine as far as grip/wet weather performance go, but people will start calling you Little Jon, because all you're gonna say to your passengers is " WHAT?". Seriously loud as fack. I wouldnt buy them again just because of the noise.

audisnapr
09-13-2005, 06:57 AM
fyi, road noise is not commonly associated with new tires... only after they have several thousands miles on them do they really start to get loud. was that the case with you pigliit?

MKGIY
09-13-2005, 06:58 AM
Get multiple stes at that price. Awesome tire.

Mike

S-fear
09-13-2005, 01:26 PM
worst tire I have had because of the noise. Performance is good though. There is no reason to put up with that kind of noise - there are plenty of good performance tires without that problem. Sounded like I had 4 wheel bearings going out at once. It was SOOOO NICE to have a normal sounding car again after getting rid of them.