PDA

View Full Version : Dumbass driver hurt my baby!!!

Cbotello
02-07-2015, 11:02 PM
I was driving down the road today totally minding my own business when a fucking idiot switches lanes from the left turning lane into the middle where was about a half car length away and going about 40mph (he was at a crawl btw wen moving over).. Anyways I couldn't get the car to stop in time cause of the heavy rain and slammed right in to his passenger side qp and rear bumper... I called the police and when the police arrived the other party made up about 10 different stories on how it was my fault it obviously wasn't..at the end of all this I walked away with a 500$ ticket for no insurance and I have no way of making the other people pay for the damage to my car ,needles to say I now have full coverage insurance ha... Anybody know of a good website to get replacement parts ?

Turbo_B5
02-07-2015, 11:10 PM
pick n pull

Turbo_B5
02-07-2015, 11:12 PM
car-part.com

Cbotello
02-07-2015, 11:41 PM
Thanks will be going to a couple pick n pulls tomaro hopefully I have luck and find the parts I need..

b4a41point8t
02-07-2015, 11:52 PM
Wait, you got a ticket for no insurance? I'm confused? Did you NOT have insurance?

Bordom
02-08-2015, 12:16 AM
Wait, you got a ticket for no insurance? I'm confused? Did you NOT have insurance?
This. Curious to know as well

g3no
02-08-2015, 12:50 AM
Judging from what he wrote, he didn't have insurance at all. I've gotten pulled over while not having my current insurance card with me and it was only a fix-it ticket.

R490
02-08-2015, 04:50 AM
You should really get insurance before trying to fix the car....

tinytim
02-08-2015, 05:30 AM
Driving around with no insurance is not a smart idea at all.

GrapeBandit
02-08-2015, 05:31 AM
What backwards ass state only gives a ticket for driving with no insurance? any place I ever been, they impound your car and you cant get it out until you prove valid insurance, or have it towed out. also, you get a ticket for driving without insurance and you lose your license

Bordom
02-08-2015, 09:45 AM
What backwards ass state only gives a ticket for driving with no insurance? any place I ever been, they impound your car and you cant get it out until you prove valid insurance, or have it towed out. also, you get a ticket for driving without insurance and you lose your license
So then, OP probably had insurance but not his new card?

Cbotello
02-08-2015, 03:08 PM
My insurance was expired for exactly 1 week an 3 days... What's fucked up is that it was the other guys fault he car had no damage he got a 200$ ticket for improper lane change I got a fucked up car and a 550$ ticket ... I live in belligham wa and anyone who has lived here knows that atleast 1/2 of the car accidents here are caused by Canadians

Cbotello
02-08-2015, 03:09 PM
No offense to any Canadians on here but it's the truth

walky_talky20
02-08-2015, 03:28 PM
Pretty sure there's lots of Canadians on here. lol

smittyzz
02-08-2015, 03:41 PM
In my state you get a ticket for no insurance they make you get sr22(insurance on your license so any car you drive is insured) for three years and you lose your license until proof of sr22

Bordom
02-08-2015, 03:54 PM
My insurance was expired for exactly 1 week an 3 days... What's fucked up is that it was the other guys fault he car had no damage he got a 200$ ticket for improper lane change I got a fucked up car and a 550$ ticket ... I live in belligham wa and anyone who has lived here knows that atleast 1/2 of the car accidents here are caused by Canadians
Up North in the snowy tundra we refer to as Canada, or insurance is automatically renewed each year unless we cancel.

Our Moose we DD to work/school easily crush any car that opposes us.

Seerlah
02-08-2015, 04:02 PM
^hahaha

In NY state, you can't register your car without proof of insurance. Full coverage FTW. We just switched to All State (under my mother's insurance) and now I pay like $200 less [up]. Not quite sure how long that will last. 10 yrs of a clean license and my premium always goes up. Sucks balls!

Went to defensive driving 6 hour course today (to save 10% on insurance) and found out why. It's because of all the other guys who get into accidents and such. Since the insurance company has to pay for those damages, people like me have to pay for it too (literally). It is what it is, though!

Koldham
02-08-2015, 04:31 PM
Dash cam bro

R490
02-08-2015, 05:02 PM
Here in VA you might as well not have insurance for that $500 ticket, since the uninsured motorist fee is exactly that.

FNK
02-09-2015, 04:29 AM
I'm Canadian, a reply just to point that there are bad drivers everywhere, especially in Ontario. (No turn signal, no problem must be their moto)

Sorry for your car, I crashed mine last weekend. All theses times waxing it and fixing it reduced to an exploded bumper. meh

MetalMan
02-09-2015, 08:27 AM
Time to get a dash cam. Could have proven it was the other guy's fault, at least. My dash cam cost less than $40.

redline380
02-09-2015, 08:34 AM
In MN, you only get a ticket for no proof of insurance. A lot of the times the cop will just make you produce proof of insurance at a later date.

I kind of ran in a predicament last night over this. I wanted to drive my Avant home after fixing it up, so I hopped on Progressive's website and bought insurance right away. Had I been pulled over, I wouldn't have had proof of insurance (well, besides the email on my phone).

Rodgman15
02-09-2015, 11:51 AM
Never had that issue growing up in Minnesota. Had a friend get pulled over the other day here in North Dakota and he was unable to provide proof of insurance, and wham, 4 days in the clink. Be insured lol

Cbotello
02-09-2015, 02:57 PM
It tottaly was the other guys fault police officer wrote it in the report that they cause the accident.. Since I didn't have insurance I can't make them pay for the damages to my car..

jsbs1991
02-09-2015, 04:14 PM
Hear in Georgia if you don't have insurance they cancel your registration, so if you change insurance companies you have to call the tag office and show tell them you switched companies or they will cancel it and charge you $75. Also here they would say it was your fault no matter what because a car without insurance can't be on the road, and if it wasn't on the road the accident would have never happened. Not saying it still doesn't suck though.

Rodgman15
02-09-2015, 04:19 PM
Ya it's illegal as hell to not have insurance lol. You live you learn!

noob5
02-10-2015, 09:53 AM
It tottaly was the other guys fault police officer wrote it in the report that they cause the accident.. Since I didn't have insurance I can't make them pay for the damages to my car..

Wait, what???
Yeah, sure, you let your insurance lapse for ten days (booo...hiss...shame on you...blah, blah, blah), but it seems wrong that they won't pay for damages caused by their driver. Isn't that why he has liability coverage...to cover damage when he is at fault?

Is this an actual law? Who told you this?
I would look further into this if I were you.

dislcaimer: I'm no expert on insurance law in Washington.

jsbs1991
02-10-2015, 11:02 AM
Wait, what???
Yeah, sure, you let your insurance lapse for ten days (booo...hiss...shame on you...blah, blah, blah), but it seems wrong that they won't pay for damages caused by their driver. Isn't that why he has liability coverage...to cover damage when he is at fault?

Is this an actual law? Who told you this?
I would look further into this if I were you.

dislcaimer: I'm no expert on insurance law in Washington.

The problem is that he did not have insurance at the time which means it was not legal for his car to be on the road. that's what the insurance company would say. If his car was not on the road ( which without insurance it's not legal to be on the road) the accident would have never happened. So it kinda makes it his fault. It sucks but it's the law.

Bordom
02-10-2015, 02:31 PM
Time to buy a moose

Cbotello
02-10-2015, 11:32 PM
The officer that wrote the report said there is nothing I can do about it so did the court office... I called a body shop to get a quote to repaint the replacement parts I got and I told him what had happened and my situation was he told me to call "icbc" I guess that's who handles the insurance in Canada idk? I guess as long as the other party got a ticket for causing the accident they're insurance will pay for the damages regardless if I have insurance or not.. So tomarow I am going to contact them and se what happens hopefully I get some good news cause I could really use some it's killing me to se my car all fucked up [=(]

Rodgman15
02-11-2015, 03:29 AM
That's fucking stupid. It's assholes like you tearing around with no insurance that fuck it up for everyone else. If you ask me you're entitled to absolutely nothing. Lucky for you I'm not the guy deciding.

thedownwardsprl
02-11-2015, 06:28 AM
Lol I like this guy

Cbotello
02-11-2015, 06:41 AM
Assholes like me ?? Yea ok I had no insurance for a week the dude is from Canada so how does it matter in the states... Yea sorry dumb fuck for not wanting to pay 900$ out of pocket for someone elses shit driving

jsbs1991
02-11-2015, 07:14 AM
well I hope you are able to get something, but yeah be careful with the laws, you should do some research. because god knows the insurance company's lawyers are going to find ways for them to not have to pay. thats how they are even when you have insurance. someone crashed into my sisters jetta like a month ago and the insurance companies were fighting over who was going to pay what for weeks.

crazy tarzan
02-11-2015, 07:29 AM
Insurance companies are out to make money just like any other business. Paying out claims eats profits. They will do all they can to legally not pay.

That said, poor form on your part for letting the insurance lapse (we all forget stuff). You're probably paying more now (since I see you now have insurance now in first post) from the lapse. At least you were not faulted--that would really jack your rates up sky high. Here in Wyo you cannot register a car without proof of insurance and you would probably have to get sr22 for not having insurance and getting in a wreck (even though not your fault).

Hope you get it fixed. Do the part swapping labor yourself and just have stuff sprayed. Save some $$ that way.

GrapeBandit
02-11-2015, 07:47 AM
That's fucking stupid. It's assholes like you tearing around with no insurance that fuck it up for everyone else. If you ask me you're entitled to absolutely nothing. Lucky for you I'm not the guy deciding.
lmao

getting into an accident without being insured is the same exact scenario as getting into an accident while being over the legal limit for alcohol. no matter whos at fault, the non-insured/drunk party automatically become at fault