PDA

View Full Version : Switchblade replacement

ienga4
02-06-2015, 05:51 AM
So this morning I woke up and went to go to work and realized that the top half of my key came off probably when I was putting it in my pocket. I still have the remote part so I looked all over my car. Checked my whole apartment complex parking lot because I had to park far away. No sign of my key.

Just talked to the Audi dealership and they want $65 for the Key and then say I have to bring the car in to get it programmed plus $75 to program. I told him that all my info is telling me it doesn't have to be programmed. Is this correct? I didn't think that the key portion actually has to be programmed, just the remote.

I searched and found other threads and I believe I'm right and the dealer is wrong haha.

Bordom
02-06-2015, 05:57 AM
No, if you still have the remote there's no need to "reprogram" the car. But as Audi puts it, you'll have to buy the remote as well because it's one unit. Hence the reprogramming

ricekikr
02-06-2015, 06:14 AM
Usdm car or eudm? Eudm b5s need the transponder programmed into the cluster or transferred from old key for the immobilizer. Not sure which usdm b5s don't have immobilizer. If yours doesn't have immo just buy an ebay key half and get it cut. You'd need a spare key to be copied though, this should have a transponder inside which you could transfer, so still no need to reprogram.

Bordom
02-06-2015, 06:29 AM
Usdm car or eudm? Eudm b5s need the transponder programmed into the cluster or transferred from old key for the immobilizer. Not sure which usdm b5s don't have immobilizer. If yours doesn't have immo just buy an ebay key half and get it cut. You'd need a spare key to be copied though, this should have a transponder inside which you could transfer, so still no need to reprogram.

USDM B5's never came with IMMO

MetalMan
02-06-2015, 07:58 AM
USDM B5's never came with IMMO

That's probably what his dealership is getting wrong... they probably assume any car that comes in does have IMMO.

ienga4 just tell them your car doesn't have an immobilizer and thus requires no programming for the switchblade portion.

ienga4
02-07-2015, 04:40 AM
Awesome. That's definitely good news. if it comes down to it I could live without a remote for awhile anyways

ricekikr
02-07-2015, 11:31 AM
The remote part will still work. No need to reprogram for that unless you replace it. This can be done at home, just need two keys.