PDA

View Full Version : Got rear ended today for the 2nd time in a few months.

GOROSSI46
09-11-2005, 06:58 PM
I swear I have a target on the back of my car. I was 15 feet away from my house turning up my street when some woman rear ends me doing like 50. Rear bumper, right side quarter panel ,trunk, rear passenger door are all ****ed. The trunk will not close because of how messed up the quarter panel is, looks like a freaking wide body and the quarter came down on the rear door. I bet the thing is probably totalled atleast Im hoping cuz I don't want the damn car anymore after all that damage.
I am so aggravated right now. I was so in love with that car and now its a freaking mess. If it gets totalled is there anyway I can pull the APR chip out before insurance takes the car? I need to get my brand new Flik wheels off the car too. The car is in my driveway right now so I can pull off whatever I need to. I took the ambulance to the hospital cuz my back and neck are all messed up and had my brother walk down the street to bring the car back to my place so it didnt go to some yard in the city and get stripped while sitting there. I swear I have the worst luck. I hope it gets totalled then I will go with a B5 S4 or B6 A4. Im not looking forward to looking for another Audi though. This car came with all of its service records and the timing belt was already done, now I gotta try and find something that was well taken care of again.

Skippster86
09-11-2005, 08:48 PM
Sorry man, glad to hear your okay, thats what really matters.

Good luck finding another car

almaster666
09-11-2005, 10:35 PM
sorry man,
get your brother to take off the wheels and aftermarket parts (assuming you have the stock replacements)

undertow999
09-11-2005, 11:49 PM
I say this after every accident post, but the best part is that you are ok. Cars, no matter how much they mean to you or how many hours of heart and soul you put into them, can always be replaced. I wish you the best in your recovery, but for insurance purposes, make sure you keep good record of all the treatment you receive and stay on top of everything. Get better, and keep us informed on waht you decide to do.

As for cars, I vote for a B5 S4, not a huge fan of B6's and what you can do with the 2.7 is incredible.

onemoremile
09-12-2005, 07:24 AM
if you get it back you should paint the rear bumper hot pink.

bubba_smyth
10-10-2010, 09:40 PM
same thing happened to my car. swirved around a car that spun out and I was perfectly fine except I overcorrected did a 180 and bumped the wall on the bridge 5 times ruining the back bumper to the rs4 kit i just put on a few months back and making me need to either do some serious bondo work, or weld a new rear quarter panel on my car. damn trunk wont close tho. I was gonna sell it, but I hate dipshits that tell me my car is worth half of what it is.

NorCal1.8T
10-10-2010, 09:48 PM
same thing happened to my car. swirved around a car that spun out and I was perfectly fine except I overcorrected did a 180 and bumped the wall on the bridge 5 times ruining the back bumper to the rs4 kit i just put on a few months back and making me need to either do some serious bondo work, or weld a new rear quarter panel on my car. damn trunk wont close tho. I was gonna sell it, but I hate dipshits that tell me my car is worth half of what it is.

how did you find a 5yr old thread lol

Euromike
10-10-2010, 09:50 PM
Lol talk about a bump

VMRWheels
10-10-2010, 10:44 PM
how did you find a 5yr old thread lol

LOL

Good thing you and Santorian were posted up! I already had a response in my head; I've really got to look at those post dates closer, haha.

alsabti3
10-11-2010, 06:51 AM

cool story bro

somebody5788
10-11-2010, 08:26 AM

U mad bro?

bubba_smyth
10-11-2010, 02:37 PM
omg lmao this thread is really old. I was just usein search to research to see good tips on fixin it. Yeah I was a little mad, mostly heartbroken tho. I'm about to go to a wrecking yard to show the guys the shape of the couout i need. I have some serious body tweakage in the back. I'm gonna get a cutout of the rear corner panel clear through the back part of the trunk flooring clear over to the passenger tail light. This will be fun. beer-check, welder-check, time on my hands-oh shit...

quattro_mds
10-12-2010, 06:24 AM
I feel your pain, some jackass rear ended me a couple of weeks back. It wasn't as bad as yours but it sure messed up my day. Get off your f**king BlackBerry/IPhone and pay attention to the road. I was at a complete stop with a line of cars infront of me. No where to go, just brace for impact. Our cars are older so the INS companies won't spend the money to fix them. I'm getting uses parts from mine through the body shop, that's what the INS will pay for. Come on... What a bunch of bull...

Hope you feel better!