PDA

View Full Version : VAGCOM connection problem.

Koldham
02-05-2015, 05:31 PM
ok so i have 2 vag cables. a blue ebay and a black ross teck. everything worked fine on my last laptop but not my new one. its a 64 bit windows 7 Acer. the cable reads VAG12.10 Dual k and CAN -> USB. Iv tried it on the full 14:10 and on lite. will not connect. all the drivers were installed with no error messages. What am i doing wrong? It keeps saying interface not found.

Koldham
02-05-2015, 05:56 PM
if the cable is plugged into the car when the test is done, it gives me an interface not found message. but if its not plugged in it says it reads the interface and that it is not plugged into the car??? could this be because i swapped my radio or have a tune?

Mad Cow
02-05-2015, 07:50 PM
You bricked your cable. That black cable isn't a real rosstech it's a knockoff, and the first 2 rules of knockoff vcds cables are: never, ever under any circumstances plug it into a computer that had an internet connection after running vcds, even if you turn off your wifi card before plugging it in it will eventually fry the cable, and never, ever, under any circumstances try to use a software version newer than what the cable was designed for. So you're 2 for 2 on things you shouldn't do with a knockoff, AKA you're screwed. It's repairable but it's far from easy or user friendly, if you're not well versed in that sort of thing you're best off buying a new one. Ross Tech does not play around when it comes to dealing with knockoffs. I've bricked 3 knockoffs and repaired each of them twice already, now I always run VCDS in a virtual machine with the virtual network card disabled. I once forgot to use the VM and guess what, bricked. If the legit cables weren't so dang expensive I'd buy one in a heartbeat just to avoid all this BS.

Koldham
02-06-2015, 04:21 AM
How can it be a knock off it it was bought from ross tech.

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l548/Kevin_Oldham/Mobile%20Uploads/t012fa_zpscskf0qcd.jpg (http://s1123.photobucket.com/user/Kevin_Oldham/media/Mobile%20Uploads/t012fa_zpscskf0qcd.jpg.html)

Mad Cow
02-06-2015, 09:42 AM
I was going off the VAG12.10 that you had in your first post, that's how knockoffs are labelled. Where did you get that from anyway if the cable says hex+can? That message is also exactly what happens when a knockoff gets fried, maybe you should try contacting rosstech.

Koldham
02-06-2015, 02:27 PM
Im going to call Ross Tech in the morning.

ricekikr
02-07-2015, 11:36 AM
Did you check the com ports of the dongle? Its in device manager, should be set to com 1-4 then matched in vcds com port setting.

Ebay cable + lite works on win 7 64bit.

You could also install vmware to be able to run win xp on top of win 7 to be able to use older vagcom versions.