PDA

View Full Version : New to Audizine

Lowe(RED)
02-03-2015, 10:22 PM
Hey guys, a few months back I bought a 99' A4 AEB, seemed to be pretty sorted at first, higher mileage, but an engine rebuild at 100k, currently sits at 165,679.
*ENGINE MODS*
APR 93 program,
APR snub mount,
3'' ECS TP spacers,
GHL exhaust,
Evolution motorsports diverter valve,
fx300 clutch lw flywheel,
B5 s4 coil packs,
Stassis Big brake kit,
k&n cold air intake,
aftermarket intercooler.

*INTERIOR*: APR boost gauge
full S4 alcantara interior
Black beltline trim

*EXTERIOR*Vogtland Coilovers
18'' BBS CO, S4 Sideskirts
S4 rear bumper
Cheap Reiger RS4 Rep front bumper
euro trunk, Black Roof
Black Mirrors
Audi TT Fuel door
Shaved upper/lower door moldings
Shaved Fender Blinkers
rs4 grill
Panzer skid plate.

Today, I blew out my tires-225/40's real sh*tty toyo proxes, and went with slightly less sh*tty 215/45's that provide a way better ride, which helps because the top of my grill is exactly 24" from the pavement. I have to do an oil/oil filter change next.

Discovered an oil leak from the drain plug, it was barely tightened, actually surprised I didn't lose it.
While I had the wheels off, I noticed the coilovers are pretty old, still ride decent, but wont last without a rebuild.

GHL exhaust is far too loud, and has wayyy too much drone.

All in all, I'm looking forward to owning an audi, but very disappointed with the power, I understand the k03 is a b*tch, but I def thought I'd have a little more getup, currently feels around 190whp on a good day- via ass dyno. Was trying to start a "Build" thread, but more than likely will turn into a "Fix" thread. Anyways, happy to be here, and to finally rock the mighty Quattro

redline380
02-03-2015, 10:26 PM
Welcome. Don't take this the wrong way, but next time, turn that into a few paragraphs. Much easier to read.

We need pics, too.

Bordom
02-03-2015, 10:51 PM
Welcome!

You'll find around here that grammar and pictures will get you very far in this community.

I would love to see the "shaving" that has happened to your car. Interested to see what it would look like.

Also, maintenance before mods. This is gold

viceprp
02-04-2015, 11:53 AM
I have a headach from reading that. The k03 puts you around 155awhp when chipped so she is slow. HAve fun wrenching.

Lowe(RED)
02-04-2015, 05:46 PM
Hey guys, I come from a different forum, and this one is set up different, sorry for the run-on's.

TBH I don't know how to post pictures on the forum.

(viceprp) Is this for real? only 155awhp? I've seen guys on K03's running around 230awhp

But first things first, I have an inspection light that comes on very randomly (thinking electrical because of randomness) but it affects the idle, usually 2 large dips 900 drops to around-250rpm's, then a series of slight drops maybe 50-100rpm's

She needs an oil change...... BAD

Needs new spark plugs

Need to fix driver side HID ballast

Need a proper shift knob, PO put on a super cheap Pep-Boys. I was thinking about the BFI weighted, opinions? The shift knob getting cold or hot is not an issue for me

Needs new Thermostat

Need to fix LCD screen

Front fenders are thrashed from being so low, so I bought donors, and they are currently sitting, waiting to be widened properly

Because the engine is high mileage, and the PO didn't have any receipts of the rebuild- I know, it was stupid to still buy w/o receipts, but it was a pretty screamin' deal-I want to rebuild it, with all OEM components, but that will be last, and I may go forged, depending on how expensive the rest of the parts end up being.

Needs new wheels lugs/bolts, 3 wheels only have 4 bolts each

She needs new coilovers-adjustable dampening will be a necessity

and of course, just an all around cleaning, and torquing all the bolts, tightening all the screws, etc..

All gaskets, and belts eventually

(**DISCLAIMER**)
Progress will be slow, she is a cop magnet, and very thirsty, so I'll try to tackle a new task each week, if she doesn't bankrupt me first

ray4624
02-04-2015, 06:01 PM
230 at the crank on a k03 would be impressive let alone at the wheels

redline380
02-04-2015, 06:15 PM
(viceprp) Is this for real? only 155awhp? I've seen guys on K03's running around 230awhp

Not on a 1.8t you haven't.

To post pics, click on the picture fram above and copy the url of the photo into it

Turbo_B5
02-04-2015, 06:39 PM
Upload the image to a site like www.imgur.com and copy/paste the

adam044
02-04-2015, 06:55 PM
This thread is useless without pictures!