PDA

View Full Version : RS5 Rear Spoiler Fault!

patmusk
02-02-2015, 08:20 AM
I have experienced the "Rear Spoiler Fault" (Spoiler being stuck either up or down) 3 times now! The dealer replaced the device that control the spoiler completely (the first time), then they replaced the ground wire the next time.. this time the problem corrected itself before I scheduled another service appointment.

Anyone else having spoiler issues? It's getting rather frustrating.

rasetsu
02-02-2015, 12:51 PM
I noticed one day that the spoiler didn't go back down all the way. It's was about a 1/4 inch up still. No warning light or anything though. I just pressed the button and it went up and went down all the way.

Beast
02-02-2015, 02:01 PM
I noticed one day that the spoiler didn't go back down all the way. It's was about a 1/4 inch up still. No warning light or anything though. I just pressed the button and it went up and went down all the way.

happened to me 2 times, both times after manually deploying it. No errors etc however.

yas
02-02-2015, 03:55 PM
Had the error once. Replacing the battery remedied it.

S5CooP
02-20-2015, 09:28 PM
I've experienced this a few times

RS5COOP

bakos4
02-24-2015, 12:07 AM

This has happened to me a few times^

ExhaustNote
02-24-2015, 02:42 PM
That happens when you do a quick press/release on the button followed by another press/hold to lower the wing.

antoff83
02-24-2015, 08:23 PM

happened to me 2 times, both times after manually deploying it. No errors etc however.

This has happened to me a few times^

happened to me too..no issues though

ttusqrl
02-25-2015, 05:22 AM
Happened to me as well. It took me 10 minutes of playing with the button to get it to go back down.

Need to stop feeding it blue pills

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Runge
03-04-2015, 07:04 PM
That happens when you do a quick press/release on the button followed by another press/hold to lower the wing.

+1 Noticed it does it on mine to.

PsYkHoTiK
03-06-2015, 10:13 AM
happened to me too..no issues though

Same, I notice when closing the trunk and I hear a "rattle" noise. Very weird.

I've noticed it when I pop it up manually and drive around, sometimes it won't retract all the way down (say if I *cough* exceed the deployment speed and then dip to 50mph).

Or if I had it up, parked and turned the car off (with it up), and then when I start the car again (later) to drive around, the spoiler will go back down - just sometimes not all the way.

I can't seem to figure out a pattern quite just yet.

patmusk
03-10-2015, 08:46 AM
I can't get my spoiler to go down (AGAIN) due to this fault. I feel like an a-hole with the thing up all the time. This fault seems to happen anytime after it rains or I wash the car. This will be the dealership's THIRD time addressing this issue. Keep you posted.

patmusk
03-24-2015, 06:36 AM
Update: The dealer has corrected the issue (knock on wood) by locating and filling a tiny leak where the module is. Plugged the hole and replaced module. All seems to work fine now.

shonseb
03-27-2015, 05:15 AM
Wow I haven't been on forums for a while. Didn't know this was an issue, seems like every owner on the forum had this problem. I have never noticed it and never had a fault.

spharris73
06-01-2018, 01:33 PM
I just bought a new 2015 RS5 yesterday. So I'm part of the Audi family :) I manually engaged the spoiler & mine too wont go back down. So what is the remedy with this? Take to dealership? And I've been reading it fixes itself sometimes? Very strange for this to happen with such an elite car.

Runge
06-01-2018, 02:06 PM
I just bought a new 2015 RS5 yesterday. So I'm part of the Audi family :) I manually engaged the spoiler & mine too wont go back down. So what is the remedy with this? Take to dealership? And I've been reading it fixes itself sometimes? Very strange for this to happen with such an elite car.

doesn't go down by about 1/4 inch sometimes? go on highway, hit 125kmh so wing goes up, then slow down to stop and it will go all the way back down. If I manually use the button to drop it, never goes all the way down. Maybe wing needs the down force to go all the way

Reggie
06-02-2018, 04:40 PM
Wow I haven't been on forums for a while. Didn't know this was an issue, seems like every owner on the forum had this problem. I have never noticed it and never had a fault.

So far no issue for me. Only 12k miles on my 015

Ape Factory
06-02-2018, 06:05 PM
I haven't seen this issue on mine yet and I'm now over 40K. For those that wash their car frequently, I'd lube the mechanism with the Audi-specified lube or something like Dupont Krytox GPL105 which is a miracle lube. If it weren't so expensive, I'd use it on everything. It's inert, doesn't migrate or react with water. I tend not to fiddle with the cockpit deploy/retract button though and just let it do it's thing at speed.

BigAngryBananas
06-02-2018, 09:36 PM
I've had the wing leave a few centimetre gap when automatically lowering before. However, I've yet to run into a situation where manually raising it and then lowering it again doesn't resolve that issue.

BuyTheWarranty
06-03-2018, 12:00 AM

I've got a 2015, no issues yet.