PDA

View Full Version : swap parts from one model to another

locteau
01-29-2015, 03:40 AM
Hi Guys,

I know there are a few thread about what is possible from a car to another, but wonder if there is a comprehensive list. Engines, interior, exterior, panels, seats etc...

for example i am looking for seats for my 1997 european 1.9 TDI B5, maybe a cup older instead of the little tray, door cards etc....

Sebastien

Bordom
01-29-2015, 04:56 PM
Hi Guys,

I know there are a few thread about what is possible from a car to another, but wonder if there is a comprehensive list. Engines, interior, exterior, panels, seats etc...

for example i am looking for seats for my 1997 european 1.9 TDI B5, maybe a cup older instead of the little tray, door cards etc....

Sebastien

All door cards from the B5 are interchangeable. For the cup holder, you must find a prefacelift one. A facelift will not work.

Most seats are interchangeable. Differences being facelift vs. Prefacelift

EDIT: spelling

redline380
01-29-2015, 04:58 PM
I would image he would be under the same dilemma for seats as us Muricans. All non electric are swapabale, and electric are swappable.

locteau
01-30-2015, 03:40 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for this, I suppose the back seat of the avant can only be swap with an Avant model ?

Anybody as a list of best upgrades to do for a 1997 model ?

Bordom
01-30-2015, 06:50 AM
You'll have to research this on your own. There are a number of threads that touch on issues like these (swapping specific parts and such)

I've personally read a multitude of things while searching for important/miscellaneous things.

As for your seat question, yes, Avant and Sedan rear seats are different. What upgrades are you looking for? Aesthetic? Performance? Handling?

BaseDrifter
01-30-2015, 11:11 AM
Anybody as a list of best upgrades to do for a 1997 model ?

You can check out my thread (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/573301-My-very-own-update-thread-AZ-edition-(picture-heavy)), I have a 97.

I've swapped in sport cloth seats, sport steering wheel, sport suspension, late style shift linkage with JHM upgrade, S4 rear sway bar, facelift leather e-brake handle and cover, facelift air vents, LCD cluster swap, facelift fog lights, facelift tail lights, S4 gloss black B pillars, and TT caliper carriers with A8 brake rotors.

I think those are all my OEM replacement parts.

Bordom
01-30-2015, 09:02 PM
You can check out my thread (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/573301-My-very-own-update-thread-AZ-edition-(picture-heavy)), I have a 97.

I've swapped in sport cloth seats, sport steering wheel, sport suspension, late style shift linkage with JHM upgrade, S4 rear sway bar, facelift leather e-brake handle and cover, facelift air vents, LCD cluster swap, facelift fog lights, facelift tail lights, S4 gloss black B pillars, and TT caliper carriers with A8 brake rotors.

I think those are all my OEM replacement parts.
Believe this mans words. His thread is truth

locteau
01-31-2015, 04:59 AM
Great, this will give me something to start with.