PDA

View Full Version : Leveling headlights.

scooter44
09-10-2005, 02:43 AM
Alright, i know how to aim (or the proper way to aim) the headlights, im just wonding which platic knob to turn.

i noticed that there were like 3-4 turnable dial things (dont know what to call them) im guessing one is horizontal, vertical, high beam, low beam.

does anyone have a diagram to help me with this.

just lowered the car and wanted to adjust the headlight angle to the change.

TIA

scooter44
09-10-2005, 10:59 AM
anyone?

ColumbiaDeath
09-10-2005, 01:12 PM
why don't you play around with them and see what happens?? You aren't going to **** anything up that bad.

Poopie
09-10-2005, 02:18 PM
yes he is...

muahaha just kidding. just play around with them. I set up my headlights till I was happy with them....then discovered I was also blinding oncoming traffic....oh well...

OverSpun
09-10-2005, 03:14 PM
yea, park in front of a wall (~20 feet) and turn the knobs a little to see what does what. Thats the best way to do it. when finished your beam pattern should look like this:
........................_______
........._______/
____/

with 2 steps connecting to eachother. (disregard periods)

the best way to find out if they are pointed too high is to just go for a little drive around the block, if everyone is flashing you, then point them down some more. :)

diegomatrix
09-10-2005, 07:11 PM
inner knobs are for up-down, outer knobs are for left right..

hmm..interesting... i've always thought aiming SHOULDN'T be 2 step.... i thought it was suppose to be:
...........______ ________
______/ _____/

Poopie
09-10-2005, 11:24 PM
can anyone confirm the beam pattern? Mine is all over the place

Andrew A4
09-11-2005, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by diegomatrix
inner knobs are for up-down, outer knobs are for left right..

hmm..interesting... i've always thought aiming SHOULDN'T be 2 step.... i thought it was suppose to be:
...........______ ________
______/ _____/

Thats always have i've had mine

Actually with my E-codes its different. I'll take a picture when i get the chance. The light is flat and then has an upward right slant then goes flat again. The right headlight does the same but at the right side of the beam it puts light way up (to illuminate street signs really well).

The pattern and intensity of focus is so much better with my e-codes. The difference is like night and day.

And now with my new Hella Micro DE fogs... it really kicks ass.

Russ D
09-11-2005, 12:02 AM
I always just slip the guy at the body shop 20 bucks on his lunch break and he gets em aligned in like 10 minutes flat. haha