PDA

View Full Version : High Mileage Transmission Fluid Replacment on '00 quattro with 261K

Tikisdad
01-27-2015, 12:02 PM
As original owner, I'm pretty sure my tranny fluid is original on my B5 V6 manual. At 261,000 miles, should I leave it alone or drain, or flush, and replace? My goal is to drive into the ground, preferably later than sooner. I commute 200 miles a day. I had the clutch replaced around 210K but understand this would not have involved fluid replace as I kept original flywheel.

Any Insight here?

imnuts
01-27-2015, 04:22 PM
If I were you, I'd get the fluid changed. If you're worried about it potentially breaking something lose that would cause issues, flush the fluid again after 10-20k.

Sent from my Moto X

Tikisdad
01-28-2015, 10:04 AM
I like that line of thinking. A similar concept had crossed my mind. Thanks so much for your input. BTW I've noticed it seems to shift more easily in really cold weather this winter. Perhaps that does not bode well for this summer if I don't replace.-:)

seanf86
01-28-2015, 02:02 PM
Being that its a manual trans I'd change it out asap, it will hurt nothing at all, OEM fluid has the best cold shifting but its expensive. Search around lots of diff opinions on fluids to run.