PDA

View Full Version : Might be joining the avant club

redline380
01-25-2015, 05:34 PM
You can fill in the blanks.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/cto/4861690960.html

Seerlah
01-25-2015, 06:17 PM
Pick it up and swap everything over from your 01. That's what I would do. Then part out the left overs from the sedan. You should come off ahead of the game all said and done. I would do things like keep the tranny laying around for a spare, though.

redline380
01-25-2015, 06:21 PM
Pick it up and swap everything over from your 01. That's what I would do. Then part out the left overs from the sedan. You should actually come off ahead of the game all said and done.

The thought crossed my mind, of course. Still might do it, but I would ABSOLUTELY LOVEEEEE two b5's. And an avant would be pretty cool. I'm already getting frankenturbo ideas...

xdewaynex
01-25-2015, 06:52 PM
Wow $4k to fix everything, thats a bit of a stretch lol. $1k for that is a quite a steal and looks to be in good shape.

redline380
01-25-2015, 06:58 PM
Wow $4k to fix everything, thats a bit of a stretch lol. $1k for that is a quite a steal and looks to be in good shape.

Yeah, I figure it might take $400 in parts to get it going. Maybe I'll do a tbelt right away if there isn't any service records in it.

I couldn't check it out tonight since it is not at the guys house, but I didn't want it being sold before hand. I just happen to have $1000 cash in my room too. So I went to the guys house, gave hime $100 and made him sign an options contract. Law school finally paying off!

I'm checking it out tomorrow morning and if I like it, I'll give him the rest of the money for the title, then tow it back to my hometown this weekend.

GrapeBandit
01-25-2015, 07:06 PM
I hope everyone keeps jocking and rebuiling/fixing the avants and keep trashing/junking/scraping the saloons, that way, one day soon, the saloons will be rare and worth more money lol[up]

redline380
01-25-2015, 07:15 PM
I hope everyone keeps jocking and rebuiling/fixing the avants and keep trashing/junking/scraping the saloons, that way, one day soon, the saloons will be rare and worth more money lol[up]

Good thing I will have one of each if I buy this.

I honestly am not all about the avant, but it would be nice to have one. And even if the one for sale were a sedan, I'd still probably buy it, albeit not for as much

GrapeBandit
01-25-2015, 07:23 PM
Good thing I will have one of each if I buy this.

I honestly am not all about the avant, but it would be nice to have one. And even if the one for sale were a sedan, I'd still probably buy it, albeit not for as much
so many b5s pop up by me for cheap, like $1000-$1500, I wouldn't get any of them unless its one of the rare colors. they seem to all be black, sliver, sanatorin, green, all boring. lol. I have 2, the next rare color one I find on the cheap I will buy it, fix it, and flip it. Hopefully its an avant so I can profit on some clown lol

redline380
01-26-2015, 07:35 AM
Checked it out this morning. I'm buying it as soon as the owner calls me back when he finds the title. The body is surprisingly clean. Three small rusts spots, with the biggest being about quarter size on the driver's door.

crazexr7
01-26-2015, 07:53 AM
Seems like an awesome deal for very minor repair work [up]

redline380
01-26-2015, 07:58 AM
Seems like an awesome deal for very minor repair work [up]

The head is extremely clean as well, so I guessed the head was replaced to breaking the tbelt and that is what the owner means by saying "rebuilt engine". I confirmed this with the techs at the shop it is sitting at. The engine is kind of dirty, but everything is there. I will have no problem cleaning it up and making this thing work.

It sucks because in one of the pics, it looks like it has a 1.8t badge with the red on it, so I though it might be a 2001. Turns out it is still an ATW engine, which kind of sucks, but oh well. I still would plan on converting everything under the hood to 06a stuff, engine included.

I'm still uneasy about getting it. Called the owner promptly this morning after checking it out and told him I have cash in hand. He says he cant find the title! I will be a little worried until I have that title in my hand with his signature on it.

A1 A2 German
01-26-2015, 09:06 AM
If those are mint ultra dark navy interior cards I maybe interested if getting rid on the interior.

redline380
01-26-2015, 09:13 AM
If those are mint ultra dark navy interior cards I maybe interested if getting rid on the interior.

Don't think they are navy, but I didn't look close enough. The only interior mod I would do is switch to black seats because I think That would look great contrasting with the white headliner. I'm up in the air at this point and just want the damn thing in my possession.

redline380
01-26-2015, 09:39 AM
Fuck me. Seller just called and he found the title. Only problem is there is still a lien on it. He said it is paid off and has the release on its way from Wells Fargo, but it could take two to three weeks to get the release. What do you all recommend? He said he has the tracking number on the release from Wells Fargo and is willing to give it to me. I am kind of leary about forking over $1000 for this car without a clear title, but I suppose I can just confirm the lien release on Wells Fargo.

GrapeBandit
01-26-2015, 10:05 AM
so you dont pay him in full until he gets a cleared title. just let him hold your deposit

redline380
01-26-2015, 10:07 AM
so you dont pay him in full until he gets a cleared title. just let him hold your deposit

I'm guessing that is what will have to happen. But its weird because he wouldn't even have the title if there was still a loan on it, so it must be paid off. How it never got released form the lien is beyond me. I would like to pick the car up this weekend though.

crazexr7
01-26-2015, 10:14 AM
Just noticed the condition says salvage? Did you know that? I'd run a carfax on it if you hadn't already. But it looks to be pretty solid from the pics and from what you've said.

redline380
01-26-2015, 10:20 AM
Just noticed the condition says salvage? Did you know that? I'd run a carfax on it if you hadn't already. But it looks to be pretty solid from the pics and from what you've said.

Nah, its all good. I don't care about the carfax and what it says. The car is in the condition the ad promised. I'm not worried about that at all. Am getting a little worried over getting the title though. We will see where this goes.

crazexr7
01-26-2015, 10:21 AM
Nah, its all good. I don't care about the carfax and what it says. The car is in the condition the ad promised. I'm not worried about that at all. Am getting a little worried over getting the title though. We will see where this goes.

I'm sure everything will work out. It took about 3 weeks to get my Avant, and man was that a stressful journey.

Good luck though.

redline380
01-26-2015, 10:29 AM
I'm sure everything will work out. It took about 3 weeks to get my Avant, and man was that a stressful journey.

Good luck though.

Thanks. From the sounds of it he is willing to let me pay for it tonight, sign the title over to me, and then I would have to wait until the lien release gets mailed to him until I can transfer the title to my name. But if I pay for it now, I can have the car this weekend and move it to the shop. Only problem with this is I would have to trust the guy enough that the loan is paid off. If it isn't, I wont be able to transfer the car to my name until it is paid off. This is getting stressful as well. Wish this guy would have checked on title stuff before he tried to sell it. If I see the lien release on Wells Fargo and can confirm it, I will probably feel comfortable enough to fork the money over.

All of his info checks out though, so he hasn't been lying to me yet. He is going through a divorce, and his linked in account is full of stuff.

xdewaynex
01-26-2015, 11:29 AM
Sucks about the situation, but I would definitely check with Wells Fargo about the lien before handing over any money.

redline380
01-26-2015, 05:23 PM
This is getting interesting. I did a ton of research today and everything the guy says is spot on. I am willing to take the risk of giving him money for the title and Ill wait for the lien release.

He wasn't available tonight so the signed title should be in my hands by 9 am tomorrow. I sure hope this all works out.

R490
01-26-2015, 06:20 PM
Looks pretty good cosmetically!

redline380
01-26-2015, 06:22 PM
Looks pretty good cosmetically!

Yeah, it actually isn't bad at all. Very nice example of an avant. I'm already looking into 06a stuff lol. If I can get my hands on a good used ECS RA4 flywheel, I'll put that in too with a new s4 clutch. Otherwise I'll just get a LUK kit for $160 and hope the DMFW is still in usable shape

smittyzz
01-26-2015, 06:33 PM
This is getting interesting. I did a ton of research today and everything the guy says is spot on. I am willing to take the risk of giving him money for the title and Ill wait for the lien release.

He wasn't available tonight so the signed title should be in my hands by 9 am tomorrow. I sure hope this all works out.

I hope all works out for you my friend!
I know how it feels taking a gamble, I bought my car without even hearing it run, I lucked out big time.
I hope all works out for you, I'm seriously addicted to Audi's now. I already want a second

redline380
01-26-2015, 06:37 PM
I hope all works out for you my friend!
I know how it feels taking a gamble, I bought my car without even hearing it run, I lucked out big time.
I hope all works out for you, I'm seriously addicted to Audi's now. I already want a second

Thanks. And if I pay the guy tomorrow morning as planned, I will have bought it without ever having heard it run either. But I ain't scurred. I can handle literally anything this car can throw at me, and do it cheaper than most other people. Plus, I love to make shit run.

When I went to the sellers house last night, I told him to excuse me for how flustered I was. I want this car to be me DD sooooo bad. Get rid of my A8 in the process. I would feel complete owning two b5's; a stock one and a modified one.

smittyzz
01-26-2015, 07:42 PM
Thanks. And if I pay the guy tomorrow morning as planned, I will have bought it without ever having heard it run either. But I ain't scurred. I can handle literally anything this car can throw at me, and do it cheaper than most other people. Plus, I love to make shit run.

When I went to the sellers house last night, I told him to excuse me for how flustered I was. I want this car to be me DD sooooo bad. Get rid of my A8 in the process. I would feel complete owning two b5's; a stock one and a modified one.

Exactly what I was thinking when I bought mine. I love feeling good when I get shit done haha
But this v6 is a whole nother cup of tea... I've never workeonen one or even looked at one lol. But I ain't scuRred

And yes you get the best of both worlds, and you have a back up that's pretty much the same thing, so you don't have to deal with a pos backup lol
I'm so sick of the wife's cabriolet.
It's pink Shitomatic so old feeling and looking
I just wanna be driving my own car in the worst way!

GrapeBandit
01-27-2015, 02:27 AM
Exactly what I was thinking when I bought mine. I love feeling good when I get shit done haha
But this v6 is a whole nother cup of tea... I've never workeonen one or even looked at one lol. But I ain't scuRred

And yes you get the best of both worlds, and you have a back up that's pretty much the same thing, so you don't have to deal with a pos backup lol
I'm so sick of the wife's cabriolet.
It's pink Shitomatic so old feeling and looking
I just wanna be driving my own car in the worst way!
the 2.8 v6 is a whore to work on. I hate it.

anyone ever do a trans or clutch job on one? you have to take half of the top of the engine off just to get to the top trans bolts[headbang]airbox, intake manifold, dumb ass SAI hard pipes and routing hoses, coolant hard pipes, and im sure im missing a some things since its been a few months since I did the clutch on mine. I was cursing the whole time. major pain in the ass. I will most likely be swapping a 1.8t into it when I pick up a parts car. then I will have 2 1.8t cars after the swap. . .YAY! ! !

redline380
01-27-2015, 06:44 AM
Well, I stopped by the sellers house this morning to hand over the cash in exchange for the title.

And great news! He had the lien release already! Will be transferring the title after class and picking up the car on Friday.

xdewaynex
01-27-2015, 07:04 AM
Congrats man. There is nothing better than being surprised with getting something like the lien earlier than expected.

Articus
01-27-2015, 07:13 AM

you mean the A8 with the 4.2 V8? Do I hear an engine swap in your future?

...I'll get the popcorn.

redline380
01-27-2015, 07:17 AM
Congrats man. There is nothing better than being surprised with getting something like the lien earlier than expected.

It is literally the best thing to happen to me this year. I was so relieved that he had a copy of it. We shook hands and I promised his car will be well taken care of.

you mean the A8 with the 4.2 V8? Do I hear an engine swap in your future?

...I'll get the popcorn.

This was discussed in my A8 thread. I have no lust for a v8 swap whatsoever. But if anyone wants it for the motor, go right ahead. For audizine, the prize is $1500 for the whole car. Runs and drives fine.

redline380
01-27-2015, 01:22 PM
Title transferred today. Everything went smooth.

Literally just got back from Wisconsin to check it out closer and snag some pics. High miles, 220k, but I had the shop where it was sitting pull its service records. It got a tbelt at 208k, so that's good news. It has got a new head put on it at one point in time. ATW is not stamped on the head and it is incredibly clean. I'm sure it needs some other stuff though. Picked it up for $1000

Needs a clutch at a minimum, so I will do that first as well as clean out the oil pan and pickup tube since I will take the engine out. Basic info is a 2000 A4 1.8tqms with cold weather package. Also has the cover for the trunk. Pretty good shape overall. Engine bay is rusty and stuff from sitting a very long time. But when I take the motor out, it will be all cleaned up. I will literally take a wire wheel to every rusty bolt I take out. It isn't perfect, but it looks great for that high of miles. No noticeable dents.

No green paint on this one, I promise. I am just going to make it beautiful.

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv328/redline380/temporary_zps12a08d36.jpg
http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv328/redline380/temporary_zpsfca3f5b2.jpg
http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv328/redline380/temporary_zps6278a56d.jpg
http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv328/redline380/temporary_zpse85065da.jpg
http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv328/redline380/temporary_zpsb7b79905.jpg
http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv328/redline380/temporary_zpse4be46e1.jpg

crazexr7
01-27-2015, 02:03 PM
Congrats on the pickup! Glad everything worked out, welcome to the "I bought an Avant that needs fixing" club lol. Yours doesn't need much at all though. Good luck with it [up]

redline380
01-29-2015, 08:05 AM
I stopped by the sellers house this morning to grab an extra key and what he has for service records. This thing has been babied its whole life! Records for everything going back to 30,000 miles. Oil changes with synthetic every time around 5000 miles. New ac not that long ago, and plenty of other things. This car has been well maintained. Now to get it on a hoist and check it out myself

redline380
01-29-2015, 02:26 PM
$620 later on Rock Auto, I have all of this on the way-

$50 for this clearance stuff

3 Thermostats and O rings
1 058 Waterpump Gasket
1 Rear Caliper Kit
2 Small Port Intake Gaskets
2 Exhaust Gaskets
1 Air Filter
1 Rear Left Stabilizer Link (Moog even!)
1 Differential Pinion Bearing
2 Input Shaft Seals
1 Fuel Filter
1 Rear Wiper for the Avant

The rest on this-

4 Spark Plugs
1 Downpipe gasket
4 Caliper rebuild kits
4 Brake Rotors
Rear Brake Pads
1 Coolant Tank
1 Oil Pan Gasket
2 Throttle Body Gaskets
1 Valve Cover Gasket
16 Injector Orings
1 Turbo Oil Line Gasket
And the Valeo Single Mass Flywheel Conversion Kit

Odd thing was that I notice the car got a new clutch only 40,000 ago. How could it be bad already? Maybe I will be able to return that clutch kit, but I want to have all the parts I could potentially need so I can get it back on the road in a day or two worth of work. I'll probably need some other stuff I can pick up locally, but she should be pretty fresh once I am done.

smittyzz
01-29-2015, 03:07 PM
Quite a list of parts!
Glad she was well maintained!
And glad your happy with her!
As for the clutch either new new to standard driver, it was beat, or it's just at the top but has life(alot of our cars do this)

redline380
01-30-2015, 06:30 PM
Quick phone update-

She lives! I put a battery in it and it fired right up. Figured I might as well drive it too. And the clutch holds fine. No idea what those shop guys were telling me but it drives fine. A couple little things here and there but nothing I can't fix. Big one is the coolant gauge shows no temp. And airbag light is on as well as a camshaft position code. But it lives!

BaseDrifter
01-30-2015, 06:52 PM
Doesn't sound too bad at all. Should be easy enough fixes.

Jungleboon
01-30-2015, 07:49 PM
Hey if you still need a coolant tank and it's the round style connector I have one that ECS sent me by accident

redline380
01-30-2015, 07:53 PM
I'd be interested but I bought one on rock auto. She is gonna be pretty

Jungleboon
01-30-2015, 07:56 PM
Dang, yeah you are lucky, I've been looking for an avant pretty much since I bought my sedan

redline380
01-31-2015, 04:48 PM
Well the back was pretty saggy so I pulled the rear driver tire off today. The spring was broken in two places, so I will be looking for a new setup. Anyone have any sport springs sitting around?

smittyzz
01-31-2015, 04:59 PM
It's always something isn't it

Cgoon009
02-02-2015, 08:01 AM
Im loving this [up]

xdewaynex
02-02-2015, 08:04 AM
Well the back was pretty saggy so I pulled the rear driver tire off today. The spring was broken in two places, so I will be looking for a new setup. Anyone have any sport springs sitting around?

This is why I should always hold on to stuff. I just tossed my whole sport suspension in the trash not too long ago because I got tired of seeing it sit around.

redline380
02-02-2015, 08:49 AM
This is why I should always hold on to stuff. I just tossed my whole sport suspension in the trash not too long ago because I got tired of seeing it sit around.

You wouldn't believe the stuff I tossed when I went big turbo. Really wishing I had most of it right about now.

I'm really hoping this car will be on the road within a week.

xdewaynex
02-02-2015, 09:07 AM
I dont have a whole lot of stuff left from when I went with the Frankenturbo, deleted the pcv and misc vac lines. Ive still got the black leatherette seats from when I swapped to sport cloths. Posted them up for sale once before, but didnt get any bites.

My car hasnt moved for a few days. Ive been waiting on my new coolant flange so I can get rid of the massive leak. Coolant has just been gushing out because the old one is warped.

redline380
02-02-2015, 09:10 AM
I'll probably do a coolant flange too just in case.

Did I mention that I found out the car actually has 208k on it and not 220k? The tbelt was done at 208k too. They must have taken it out of commission literally right after the belt was done. So much maintenance was done on this car in the last 20k. New o2 sensor, MAF, control arms, the list goes on. Between 180k and 190k, the owner spent over 6 grand on repairs.

crazexr7
02-02-2015, 09:18 AM
You got such a steal on this car [o_o]

redline380
02-02-2015, 09:25 AM
You got such a steal on this car [o_o]

I hope it works out well. I can't really afford it, but I couldn't really afford to not buy it lol. Let's hope I get at least $1500 for the A8. Then it would pretty much be like swapping cars.

redline380
02-02-2015, 09:30 AM
A pick n pull just got an S4 in. If I had more time and money, I would go rob me some interior for this avant. Those seats would look sexy in my car.

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10475592_10202285742784734_1808543595413663358_n.j pg?oh=247907c7721bcf90cf9fffc95d6cb557&oe=554D03F6

xdewaynex
02-02-2015, 09:49 AM
Sounds like the car is good to go with all the recent maintenance.

An S4 at a pnp just isnt right, lol. Someone obviously didnt want to deal with it anymore.

rodgertherabit
02-02-2015, 12:40 PM
I would just buy the whole s4 if they had that local haha. part it out.

crazexr7
02-02-2015, 12:45 PM
Ship me the bumper!

redline380
02-02-2015, 12:48 PM
Everything is already gone off the car

crazexr7
02-02-2015, 04:52 PM
Damn, it's a dream of mine to find an s4 in my pick n pull.

Someone is going to get those seats stupid cheap. They look in really good shape. They're worth like $900 if they look good and with door cards.

RallyeBourne
02-02-2015, 06:54 PM
For the first time ever, I saw a B5 Avant in the pick a part today. What's more, is that there were TWO!

/derail

redline380
02-05-2015, 01:04 PM
Well, the A8 is loaded down in preparation for my journey back to Sauk Rapids. Besides all the parts from Rock Auto, I grabbed a few extra things like spare cam and crank sensors, my box of audi bolts, coolant, some audi specific tools, things of that nature. Also grabbed some new brake fluid to replace the old stuff in there. If this car isn't a sweet running machine when I am done, I don't know what it will take lol

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv328/redline380/temporary_zps0946062f.jpg

xdewaynex
02-05-2015, 01:31 PM
Looks like youre well prepared, good luck!

RallyeBourne
02-06-2015, 08:36 AM
Jealous of that haul. I really need a full weekend and a shitload (or trunkload) of parts to do some serious maintenance on my avant.

redline380
02-08-2015, 08:40 PM
Well, it literally took three full days of work. But, I am back in St. Paul and the A8 is still in Sauk Rapids. The avant made it!

The good- It drove very nice. No problems, drives straight.

The bad- The clutch slips :'( When I drove it last week, I couldn't get it to slip. I took the engine out, inspected the clutch, and it looked great. I figure that the chip is causing it to slip since it slips only under boost. Same thing happened to my sedan once I chipped it. So, I talked to my buddy and he should have a spare ATW ecu which I will run and see how it reacts.

So, I now own a running and driving avant.

RallyeBourne
02-08-2015, 08:52 PM
We need pics of her all updated, cleaned, and refreshed.

redline380
02-08-2015, 08:54 PM
We need pics of her all updated, cleaned, and refreshed.

Absolutely. I didn tbother taking pictures of the engine removal because I really didn't care.

Awesome news too- I removed the oil pan and it was clean! Hardly any sludge at all. For 209k miles, this thing is in great shape.

RallyeBourne
02-08-2015, 08:56 PM
That's excellent. On a somewhat off topic yet somewhat related note, my cousin bought a cooper s with 85k on it. He called the dealer to find out if there was any record of decoking the intake valves (direct injection). They told him no, but not to worry, the car got a brand new engine at 62k. He's in hog heaven.

It's great when cars turn out better than expected.

redline380
02-09-2015, 11:06 AM
That Avant was the perfect addition to my garage

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv328/redline380/temporary_zps5a94757c.jpg

crazexr7
02-09-2015, 11:22 AM
Love it. Reminds me of my driveway lol

http://scontent-a-lga.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/10914502_1393742564260338_1272543790_n.jpg

RallyeBourne
02-09-2015, 12:06 PM
So jealous. Been trying to convince my lady that she NEEDS a b5. But, for some fucked up reason, she likes her '04 Sonata.

What are your plans with the sedan? Build?

redline380
02-09-2015, 12:07 PM
What are your plans with the sedan? Build?

Sedan is already built. Thread in my sig. It is getting big brakes this winter, hence why it is on stands. 17z's and 300mm rears

RallyeBourne
02-09-2015, 12:09 PM
Ah, tapatalk doesn't show sigs. I'll check it out next time I peruse on my laptop.

clumsyme
02-09-2015, 02:33 PM
Well I thought I would pop in and say hi

http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr13/clumsymccabe/IMG_3472.jpg (http://s465.photobucket.com/user/clumsymccabe/media/IMG_3472.jpg.html)

redline380
02-09-2015, 02:37 PM
Why hello! I feel cool to be in the avant club. So nifty!

redline380
02-09-2015, 05:55 PM
Clean photo as promised. I need to fire up the SLR one of these days to do some proper photos

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv328/redline380/temporary_zps5d714e57.jpg

ray4624
02-09-2015, 06:15 PM
i want an avant now :(

fR3ZNO
02-09-2015, 06:16 PM
I'll sell you mine. [emoji16] loljk it's terrible.

RallyeBourne
02-09-2015, 07:03 PM
Yes, you do.

redline380
02-09-2015, 07:22 PM
I said no mods with this car, but when I removed the engine, I broke a nipple of the secondary air solenoid. Then I broke the tube going from the air box to the pump. I said screw it, I am not going to fix such a useless piece of engineering, so I took everything out and made a block off plate quick. Shit's mint fellas. No CEL yet even.

xdewaynex
02-09-2015, 07:52 PM

Same here, they just look so good lowered and some aftermarket wheels.

redline380
02-19-2015, 02:18 PM
Well the avant had her first breakdown today. I wanted to wash the car, and there were no open bays which kind of made me mad. So I tore ass out of there, only to produce plumes of white smoke behind the car. Pulled over and found this. The clip was still in, but the oring wasn't. Luckily, Oreilly's was just a block away. I got a new oring that fit and started to drive. The coolant reservoir was empty, but I was only two miles from home. Thought I could make it Wrong! At the first sign of the gauge going over the half way mark, I coasted into the state fairgrounds entrance and called my roommate to bring my coolant. Right after I detailed the engine bay too [>_>]

If anyone knows the part number for the metal clip to replace it with, that is what I will be buying. I even drove the A8 to school tonight just in case [o_o]

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv328/redline380/temporary_zps8238b2a8.jpg

redline380
02-26-2015, 09:08 PM
Picked these up today for the avant. Traded a buddy for my old passenger seat out of my sedan. Probably should give him something on top. Thinking about selling the stock sport suspension and giving him what I make off it. Billstein shocks and HR springs

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv328/redline380/temporary_zps4beeb53c.jpg

BaseDrifter
02-26-2015, 10:48 PM
Nice score.

redline380
02-26-2015, 10:52 PM
Nice score.

That guy and I swap stuff all the time. Kind of a mutual relationship. But I do owe him for this one. I really, really, REALLY hope to get these wheels on the Avant by the end of summer. It wont be cheap though.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/qEAAAOSwZjJU744L/$_57.JPG

redline380
03-10-2015, 08:14 PM
The avant had a big week. Stopped by pick n pull on Saturday and saw a 97 with sport clothe seats. $60 later they were mine. When I got back home I realized the rears will not work in an avant since they are out of a sedan so I will probably and up selling them. But I popped the front ones in and am kind of liking the two tone interior look.

Thess also traded me for some suspension, and I got around to installing it today. Billstein shocks and H&R springs. Looks pretty good, rides pretty good. One I got done swapping everything around today, I figured why not? Throw the summer wheels on! Looks damn good with celebration wheels so I may have to pick up another set of them so I can run them on both cars, which I found out are the same color. Yay!

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv328/redline380/temporary_zps12aaa076.jpg
http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv328/redline380/temporary_zps080c2785.jpg
http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv328/redline380/temporary_zps9547baed.jpg

S4NIK8
03-10-2015, 08:31 PM
The rears can allegedly be made to work, I forget what exatly needs to be done

redline380
03-10-2015, 08:38 PM
The side bolsters are pretty different though...

fR3ZNO
03-11-2015, 07:21 PM
Those celebration wheels are awesome. Kinda wish I could have got a set of them instead of the USP wheels.

redline380
03-11-2015, 07:29 PM
Those celebration wheels are awesome. Kinda wish I could have got a set of them instead of the USP wheels.

Thanks. I'm one the fence about what to run on the avant. Those celebrations are for the sedan and are going to get sandblasted and painted when I can get around to it. not quite sure What I will run on the avant, but I do have a set of split 5 spoke b7 wheels in the garage too. They would probably look great on their as well. Or s4 avus wheels, but I already have a set of those for winter wheels powder coated almost black.

fR3ZNO
03-14-2015, 06:11 AM
The celebrations look really good on the Avant. It's like they were meant for it. Haha.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/14/71f8380f4ba31bb36667c7d54e048ec3.jpg

Avant Nate
03-14-2015, 09:09 AM
Are you running spacers with the celebration wheels? I have a set in my garage, but they have 235's on them, (bought them off a b6 guy), and they rub the upright. I've just never got around to putting the right tires on them.

redline380
03-14-2015, 09:55 AM
Nope, no spacers. My sedan came with the celebration wheels and they run 225/45 from the factory. They are awful close to the rear upright though, so I'm guessing 235's would rub without spacers. I really should poke them out 10mm's or so. Maybe one of these days.

fR3ZNO
03-14-2015, 04:08 PM
Are you running spacers with the celebration wheels? I have a set in my garage, but they have 235's on them, (bought them off a b6 guy), and they rub the upright. I've just never got around to putting the right tires on them.

I have a set of USP's with 235's (similar wheels) and they rub in the rear without spacers.

B5 Quattro
06-22-2015, 09:04 AM
Wow. Another good read.
Can't wait to see how everything turns out.
(What kind of law are you staying?)