PDA

View Full Version : Connecticut Members; Lookie here

Majo
01-21-2015, 11:51 AM
So, I'm from CT, as my thing says and yeah

I was wondering if anyone here could point me in the direction of a audi group or something where I could meet up with them and such?

I got an audi last spring, and done some repairs and I think I'm ready to meet up with some other people, see what theyve done to their cars, and get advice on mine

walky_talky20
01-21-2015, 12:05 PM
And by "ready to meet up", you mean "removed previous owner's ebay headlights and then lowered the car to the point that it scrapes over 'certain' speed bumps", right?

seanj130
01-21-2015, 12:40 PM
Oh how I have missed you, walky. I need to venture into the b5 section more often lol

And by "ready to meet up", you mean "removed previous owner's ebay headlights and then lowered the car to the point that it scrapes over 'certain' speed bumps", right?

walky_talky20
01-21-2015, 01:14 PM
Eh, I try to keep things lively.

Miss you too, Sean! [:D]

Majo
01-21-2015, 01:51 PM

No, Im not into the stance scene, thats a crime by my standards, I just want real time info on how to work on my car, and change stuff

redline380
01-21-2015, 01:59 PM
No, Im not into the stance scene, thats a crime by my standards, I just want real time info on how to work on my car, and change stuff

Audizine isn't good enough for you?

walky_talky20
01-21-2015, 02:12 PM
I think you will find that most meets are a sort of competition for how low you can have your Audi, yet have it still functional enough to arrive at the meet location in one piece. Or failing that: how large of a turbo you can bolt up and still have the hood close.

I wish you the best of luck finding a group to meet with that shares your goals. I have no tips for this, due to my being the least socially skilled person on the planet. I am the awkward Penguin.

redline380
01-21-2015, 02:21 PM
I think you will find that most meets are a sort of competition for how low you can have your Audi, yet have it still functional enough to arrive at the meet location in one piece. Or failing that: how large of a turbo you can bolt up and still have the hood close.

I understand the low stuff, but what's wrong with a turbo so big the hood wont close? That sounds awesome!

wolfman114
01-21-2015, 02:27 PM
Local from ct. Here... not much for car meets around here... but for the most part, look for classic car shows at an old diner or something and just wait until the classics start to leave and the ricers start to flood the parking lot. There's a really good chance that 80% of them are going to know where the nice cars meet 😆

sent from my galaxy sIII using tapatalk

wolfman114
01-21-2015, 02:31 PM
Hey walky, I applaud people for spending thousands on their brand new lowering kit and completely ruin the bottom of their car because its " COOL MAN !!! "
But I wouldn't mind having a larger turbo 😎

sent from my galaxy sIII using tapatalk

ray4624
01-21-2015, 03:22 PM
my car is low and i have a bigger turbo.
I guess i suck...dammit i thought i was cool!
Also just an fyi...there isnt much to ruin on the bottom of these cars with a skid plate

To the op, there is new england dustoff at Thompson Speedway in a couple months. Most of it is scene fuckbois but there should be some cool enthusiasts there as well.
I believe i am going.

crazexr7
01-21-2015, 03:27 PM
I like pretty much anything. I don't really dig when people are close minded to other styles.

ray4624
01-21-2015, 03:35 PM
close minds ruin the sport.
I just read a whole article on it. There are those who are like scrape all the things! and then those who are like race all the things! and both side think the other is an idiot and refuses to accept that they are all just car guys.

dwbunks
01-21-2015, 03:50 PM
I understand the low stuff, but what's wrong with a turbo so big the hood wont close? That sounds awesome!
Hell, why use a hood at alll?! More room for that turbo [up]

walky_talky20
01-21-2015, 03:59 PM
For the record, I was not knocking either camp with my comments. Just explaining how I feel a bit inadequate at those sort of meets with my mostly stock car. Everybody's all "extreme" and I'm just like...yeah. Not extreme.

redline380
01-21-2015, 04:07 PM
close minds ruin the sport.
I just read a whole article on it. There are those who are like scrape all the things! and then those who are like race all the things! and both side think the other is an idiot and refuses to accept that they are all just car guys.

To be honest, I'm not much for the "low life" but I appreciate it for what it is. With that said, I would regard someone who has kept or renewed their car to 100% pristine condition higher than someone like myself. And when I say clean, I mean like brand new, freshly off the boat with the plastic still on the doors clean. That would be a cool car to have.

ray4624
01-21-2015, 04:19 PM
For the record, I was not knocking either camp with my comments. Just explaining how I feel a bit inadequate at those sort of meets with my mostly stock car. Everybody's all "extreme" and I'm just like...yeah. Not extreme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO2Abp0FbA0

extreme!

GrapeBandit
01-21-2015, 04:52 PM
BT b5 a4(2L w/GT35r). . .been there, done that!

slammed b5 a4(1.8t w/k04) with scrapes all on the subframe. . .been there, done that!

whats next[confused] stock ride height b5 a4 w/k03(7lbs of boost). . .man that would make me cool again[rolleyes]

ray4624
01-21-2015, 05:14 PM
BT b5 a4(2L w/GT35r). . .been there, done that!

slammed b5 a4(1.8t w/k04) with scrapes all on the subframe. . .been there, done that!

whats next[confused] stock ride height b5 a4 w/k03(7lbs of boost). . .man that would make me cool again[rolleyes]

you have any info on your 2l build? id love to see some inspiration.
Ive worn my subframe mount bumps off. Those dont scrape any more which is nice. most things under there have found there harmony with the road lol

and i wasnt saying anyone in here was hating on the other side. Just pointing out how we are all here for the same reason...we have/had a B5 and that should make us friends haha

adam044
01-21-2015, 05:21 PM
Anyone ever make their way to the New England drag strip?

GrapeBandit
01-21-2015, 05:43 PM
you have any info on your 2l build? id love to see some inspiration.
Ive worn my subframe mount bumps off. Those dont scrape any more which is nice. most things under there have found there harmony with the road lol

and i wasnt saying anyone in here was hating on the other side. Just pointing out how we are all here for the same reason...we have/had a B5 and that should make us friends haha
no build thread on my 2L car. it was built in 2005, way before I ever came on any forums. it sucks because I wish I had videos and a thread for it. all I habe is pics of all the parts I sold off it when I parted it out lol

crazexr7
01-21-2015, 06:54 PM

Agreed [:D]

Johns
01-21-2015, 07:10 PM
To the op, there is new england dustoff at Thompson Speedway in a couple months. Most of it is scene fuckbois but there should be some cool enthusiasts there as well.
I believe i am going.

Glad you brought that up, I had no clue about it. Might stop by, I'm only 10 min from there.

Majo
01-21-2015, 10:14 PM
Whoa, this thread took a turn, but thanks for the insightful discussion gentlemen[cool]