PDA

View Full Version : 2.8Q sports system

frazgsi
01-19-2015, 01:22 PM
Hello from Scotland guys. Ive bought a 2000 2.8 quattro and I find the standard exhaust system very quiet. Ive searched high and low here in the UK for a good system that does not cost as much as I paid for the car [:D] .

Can you point me in the right direction of one overseas. Ideally I would love just a rear sports box due the costs but I would consider a full system.

Thanks

Oh also I have considered fitting a b5 S4 system on my 2.8 , I have heard people do this without too much modification to the exhaust. Is this true and have you any experience with the type of sound this system produces.

Mad Cow
01-19-2015, 01:44 PM
I had an S4 exhaust when my car was still a 2.8, wouldn't recommend it. It sounds great when you step on it but it's way too raspy and drone-y, also too loud for me personally. You could potentially fit a pair of small resonators before the first muffler, that would help quite a bit.

DeathKing
01-20-2015, 12:53 PM
You have two choices for a full system:
- OBX / Maximizer catback
- Techtonics Tuning catback (Borla or Magnaflow)

Right now I have a Flowmaster muffler and it actually sounds very nice. I will be changing it out for a Magnaflow 14816 muffler soon for a different sound and bigger/nicer exhaust tips. Cheers!

Bordom
01-20-2015, 07:35 PM
OR go cheap and chop your rear muffler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fjEdQVXu4w

Mad Cow
01-20-2015, 08:38 PM

As a side note, S4 catback with no rear muffler sounds glorious. It's ridiculously, mind numbingly loud but I've never heard a stock v6 that sounds like that.

Stashman94
01-21-2015, 03:14 PM

That's what the PO of my 01 30v did and it sounds absolutely amazing.