PDA

View Full Version : Some beers for your time good sir!

mec
01-17-2015, 10:01 PM
I'm in the middle of making a wiring harness for my 2.5 swapped b7, and need some help.

Bottom line:

Does anyone have a friend with a 2.5L VW 05-07 who wouldn't mind me sticking my head in their engine bay?

The B7 is wired COMPLETELY different than the vw, and while I keep searching, I believe i am missing a few harnesses, and if I could get a good look at how the setup is in a real 2.5 car that would help tons.

Willing to pay in a couple of microbrew 6 packs, cash, or a nice romantic candlelit dinner if shes of the female variety :).

Thanks!

Martin

DrewC
01-18-2015, 05:49 PM
2008 rabbit doesn't help?

evildsmr
01-18-2015, 07:11 PM
Oh god. Lol

mec
01-19-2015, 12:39 PM
2008 rabbit doesn't help?

mayyyybbbbeeee......I'm not 100% but I think the 2008's were med17, and I am using an me7 ECU.

I suppose plugging into vag com would be an easy way to tell.

chris@fifteen52
01-19-2015, 12:47 PM
Take 1 for a test drive and borrow it for a while.

pwest15
01-19-2015, 02:35 PM

+1 lol

mec
01-19-2015, 04:10 PM

Dealers don't stock cars 2007 and older:/ oh I guess third party dealers do....I could try that. Hmmm might have to start searching. Or a parts car would work great too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pwest15
01-19-2015, 07:55 PM
Dealers don't stock cars 2007 and older:/ oh I guess third party dealers do....I could try that. Hmmm might have to start searching. Or a parts car would work great too.

You could try doing an auto trader search and then get real friendly with a used car dealer and ask to peep inside the hood for a while

B6_4.2
01-20-2015, 10:52 AM

Craigslist listings? Might be worth a shot as long as no one ends up raped or dead...

trj
01-24-2015, 09:49 AM
There are a couple of euro junkyards on Brighton Road near downtown denver. May be they will let you stick your head in one of their cars, if they have one.
Or check with import automotives. They are generally pretty cool about chatting about and letting customers in their shop.
A tech named Andy works on my BMW there, he is a nice guy. He let me in their shop and had me watch the whole process when I was getting exhaust work done. I fucked up all the bolts while I was trying to DIY and had to take it there. :)

In any case, welcome to inline engine world Martin.
I drove my BMW after 2 months yesterday and almost forgot how quiet those engines are compared to B7. I had to look at the rpm gauge to make sure the engine was running at the stop light. I am kicking myself for not looking at V6 B7s when car shopping. I think this will be my last 4 cyl turbo car unless the new BMW F30 4 cylinder turbos are as good as some people say.