PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to the dyno day at Bluewater Performance on Saturday? I'm going on the d

urS4
01-15-2015, 03:54 PM
I'm going on the dyno with the Tial 770 S4 at 0900.

Hap, wit dakine dynotimkin from Vadaboost, Maguire

AudiForeman
01-15-2015, 05:55 PM
Sweet! What's your number predictions?

urS4
01-15-2015, 06:24 PM
Sweet! What's your number predictions?

I'll say something about 600 hp.

AudiForeman
01-15-2015, 06:41 PM
Anyone know what kind of dyno they have?

jjvwg
01-15-2015, 07:33 PM
Anyone know what kind of dyno they have?

its a dynocom

Docwyte
01-16-2015, 09:36 AM
Just dropped my car off at the shop

evildsmr
01-16-2015, 02:48 PM
I may stop by tomorrow after the cruise. Check it out if its still going on.

seal66
01-16-2015, 03:52 PM
mhmm... this sounds funs

pwest15
01-16-2015, 05:58 PM
I may stop by tomorrow after the cruise. Check it out if its still going on.

N/A at this altitude? Man, you know you're just gonna leave dissapointed

FLACO X3
01-16-2015, 06:39 PM
I live just down the street buy that's early. I'll try drop by again. Went to the last one to see my brother dyno his b6.

FLACO X3
01-16-2015, 06:42 PM
*but

AudiForeman
01-17-2015, 06:25 PM
Numbers?

pwest15
01-17-2015, 08:26 PM
Numbers?

iirc, urS4 dynoed in at Edit: 677 awhp. I don't remember tq but I'm sure it was way up there. Brett dynoed his RS6 at 430 awhp and 573 ft lbs

urS4
01-17-2015, 08:45 PM
Numbers?

My car did 677 hp uncorrected.

jjvwg
01-17-2015, 08:52 PM
iirc, urS4 dynoed in at 673 awhp. I don't remember tq but I'm sure it was way up there. Brett dynoed his RS6 at 430 awhp and 573 ft lbs

nice! mods on rs6?

pwest15
01-17-2015, 09:01 PM
nice! mods on rs6?

Actually, I didn't get to see. All I know is that he was straight piped with no cat-back. He bounced after the dyno so I didn't get to peep under the hood

mec
01-17-2015, 09:57 PM
My car did 677 hp uncorrected.

wellllllllllllllllll..................thats debatable....

Bluewater tells you they don't correct the numbers....which is fair, I'm sure they don't correct the numbers, but how is the dyno calibrated? its calibrated to read high..

Let me put it this way. My friend does 300whp at negative density altitude in arizona. on a dynojet.

He did 320whp at 5000 density altitude here in denver on BW's dynocom.....

is it corrected? Sure you can say that its not....but it sure is calibrated to read high, even higher than sea level.

I feel like thats what people pay for though. You don't pay for a dyno hoping for low numbers, a slightly higher number will keep people happy, after all it is basically just a rough estimate calculated from the ability of the car to spin a mechanical roller.....

Now I'm sure you are still super fast, and BW is a great shop, I have always had a good time when I've gone there, but their "its uncorrected" speech....it puts out the wrong message.

seal66
01-18-2015, 07:40 AM

Bluewater tells you they don't correct the numbers....which is fair, I'm sure they don't correct the numbers, but how is the dyno calibrated? its calibrated to read high..

Let me put it this way. My friend does 300whp at negative density altitude in arizona. on a dynojet.

is it corrected? Sure you can say that its not....but it sure is calibrated to read high, even higher than sea level.

I feel like thats what people pay for though. You don't pay for a dyno hoping for low numbers, a slightly higher number will keep people happy, after all it is basically just a rough estimate calculated from the ability of the car to spin a mechanical roller.....

Now I'm sure you are still super fast, and BW is a great shop, I have always had a good time when I've gone there, but their "its uncorrected" speech....it puts out the wrong message.
If they wanted more business they would have it read lower. Then guys would wonder why their setup isn't producing what they should so they would either take it there to get checked out or look for more power options. My opinion

urS4
01-19-2015, 08:19 AM

All of what you're saying is absolutely correct. This was my first time on a Dynocom dyno. When the delivery techs do the initial setup, I believe they're trying to nail the output at sea level numbers or as close as they can. There are also tons of variables. My car was slipping the Hankook V12s like crazy. There was also a K04 B5 S4 avant that pulled 386hp 425tq with K04, srm intercoolers with Rs4 in and out, meth, ev14 550cc. Bosch 044 fuel pump. Daz tune.
Now that seems very close to what that car would have pulled on a typical sea level density altitude day. This car has about 12 hours on the Carz Superflow dyno while having it tuned for E85 and pump gas.

Hap, wit dakine dyno thoughts from Vadaboost, Maguire

mec
01-19-2015, 08:26 AM
All of what you're saying is absolutely correct. This was my first time on a Dynocom dyno. When the delivery techs do the initial setup, I believe they're trying to nail the output at sea level numbers or as close as they can. There are also tons of variables. My car was slipping the Hankook V12s like crazy. There was also a full K04 B5 S4 avant that pulled 386hp 425tq.
Now that seems very close to what that car would have pulled on a typical sea level density altitude day. This car has about 12 hours on the Carz Superflow dyno while having it tuned for E85 and pump gas.

Hap, wit dakine dyno thoughts from Vadaboost, Maguire

I had a fun time there lol. First run, car just shuts off, turns out one of the wheels wasn't settled properly, it's not even moving so the car panics and shuts off. The wheel is just sitting there not spinning while three wheels spin with the engine to 7k.....

Third or fourth run the dyno starts spitting sparks out of one of the rollers, lol oh man....first time dynoing....and probably the last. Totally not worth almost two bad failures to get a printed chart .

Got my 405whp that I was hoping for though so that was something lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk