PDA

View Full Version : Billet Head Coolant Flange

chris164935
01-08-2015, 10:28 AM
Gruvenparts.com has recently been gathering interest in making a billet coolant flange for the 1.8t motor (specifically the 06A motor, not sure if you could use an 06A flange on an 058). Right now, the only people showing interest in the thread (over on VWVortex) are transverse guys. I figured I would post this here in an effort to generate enough interest that they will make one for us longitudinal guys. The flange itself will be stock in demensions or it can have special fittings for guys with AN fittings, etc. They are looking at a price of roughly $150 per unit. This would be a billet metal piece, which means no more cracking ,warping, leaking, etc.

For more info, you can check out the thread here: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7057074-**-GruvenParts-com-Feeler-Post-Billet-1-8T-Head-Coolant-Flange-06A-121-132-AP
Feel free to post your interest in a longitudinal piece in this thread or over there. I will post the link of this thread to that thread as well.

GrapeBandit
01-08-2015, 10:31 AM
no interest here. been running audi b5 1.8ts since 2000 with 4 different cars, not once have I had an issue with the flange itself the o-rings, not sure how or why everyone else seems to have an issue[confused]

chris164935
01-08-2015, 10:33 AM
Luck of the draw? Even if one wasn't interested for a DD, I am interested in one for my "race" motor.

A1 A2 German
01-08-2015, 10:50 AM
no interest here. been running audi b5 1.8ts since 2000 with 4 different cars, not once have I had an issue with the flange itself the o-rings, not sure how or why everyone else seems to have an issue[confused]

Yeah, it's not a failure point, I love billet and everything aftermarket but there are really no failures and if there was the entire assembly is $6.62 ..........shipped!!!! all day long on E-Bay.

I guess the $150 is a really turn off, if they were $25 then sure why not just a little more. But $160 shipped vs $6.62 shipped, that's too large of a gap.

mysman
01-09-2015, 06:42 PM
Yeh, I believe the problems with the coolant flange are because 1) cheap aftermarkets have metal standoffs which are either too tall or short which leads to either loose or cracked flanges, 2) oil leaks from the cam seal soak and ruin the coolant flange o-ring, and 3) hard-to-get-to for some leads to improper install.

One item that I've been wanting are SS sliding pins for the rear calipers, similar to what TyrolSport sells for the front calipers:

http://www.tyrolsport.com/brakes/tyrolsport-brake-caliper-stiffening-kit-for-vw/audi/

The OE pins tend to either seize up in bad climates or clatter from wear out here in desert climates. I've contacted TyrolSport and they claim they've never heard of this problem. Go figure...

vrmm
01-10-2015, 06:47 PM
I'd pay 35 at the most for a coolant flange. 100+ is retarded. The last one I got from ecs has been leaking since the first week or so, so it'd be nice, but yeah... Not at that price. Eff that.

Mad Cow
01-10-2015, 08:31 PM
OEM flange costs 12 bucks, there's absolutely no reason to buy anything else