PDA

View Full Version : Injector help

JessB878
01-05-2015, 01:02 PM
Hey guys -looking for a little help with injectors.

I have an 01 1.8T, AWM, stock K03 turbo, Stage 2 Unitronic tune, diverter valve, Exhaust, FMIC, Cold Air etc. Been experiencing a little big of a lag in higher RPMS - I do plan on replacing a few other things (Cam followers/fuel filter etc) but figured I would/should replace my injectors while I was at it.

Basically I don't know if I should just replace with factory parts or get performance injectors - if so how many cc's? Not too familiar with these - found some calculators online to figure this all out, but wanted to get some input from you guys first.

Thanks [:)]

B44
01-05-2015, 01:27 PM
you would only go bigger injectors if you go k04 also do you plan to track the car?

MetalMan
01-05-2015, 01:32 PM
Are you planning to change or replace your tune? The tune you choose should determine which injectors to use.
Motoza Stage 1+ tune, for example, uses 550cc injectors.

JessB878
01-05-2015, 01:42 PM
you would only go bigger injectors if you go k04 also do you plan to track the car?

I figured 386cc injectors if I went K04 - but I plan on doing a GT28RS eventually. But when I do go bigger turbo I will have also have a new engine with forged pistons, rifle drilled connecting rods etc. That will take a while obviously hah - I might K04 it in the mean time until I can do the build I want. For now I am not gonna track the car anytime soon, eventually I will. So basically just get stock replacements if I even need to replace them?

B44
01-05-2015, 02:00 PM
I figured 386cc injectors if I went K04 - but I plan on doing a GT28RS eventually. But when I do go bigger turbo I will have also have a new engine with forged pistons, rifle drilled connecting rods etc. That will take a while obviously hah - I might K04 it in the mean time until I can do the build I want. For now I am not gonna track the car anytime soon, eventually I will. So basically just get stock replacements if I even need to replace them?

if you dont plan on tracking the car go oem stock replacements and rather save up and go for gt28rs in future ko4 is too much money for too little gains.

JessB878
01-05-2015, 02:04 PM
if you dont plan on tracking the car go oem stock replacements and rather save up and go for gt28rs in future ko4 is too much money for too little gains.

Yeah, probably a good call. I will have to test the injectors to see if I even have to replace them, cars been cutting out at higher RPMs but I think it might just be cuz I am still K03 [:|].

B44
01-05-2015, 02:11 PM
i dont think its injectors it your ko3 i hate that too. lol

Mad Cow
01-05-2015, 02:24 PM
Are you sure it's a stage 2 tune? Because I've never heard of a stg2 tune that uses stock injectors since they're basically the only factor holding back stg1 tunes.

harrowb5
01-05-2015, 05:02 PM
From what i remember is that stage 2 tunes tend to be very similar to stage 1 but its a test pipe file. That so you can run a high flow or a test pipe with the vehicle and get more low end torque. You really don't need to upgrade injectors or anything until you go with a larger turbo k04 ect.

Mad Cow
01-05-2015, 05:12 PM
Oh ok, that makes sense. Still though a k03 can max out stock injectors.

B44
01-05-2015, 08:19 PM
From what i remember is that stage 2 tunes tend to be very similar to stage 1 but its a test pipe file. That so you can run a high flow or a test pipe with the vehicle and get more low end torque. You really don't need to upgrade injectors or anything until you go with a larger turbo k04 ect.

+1

Seerlah
01-05-2015, 08:36 PM
Why are you replacing the lifters? Fuel filter I understand. And you don't have lag in the higher rpm. In the higher rpm, the k03 basically runs out of efficiency. It's a really small turbo. It's more of a low to mid range turbo.

JessB878
01-06-2015, 07:35 AM
Are you sure it's a stage 2 tune? Because I've never heard of a stg2 tune that uses stock injectors since they're basically the only factor holding back stg1 tunes.

Yes - I have Unitronic Stage 2, 2+ is usually K04 then requires 386cc injectors

http://www.unitronic-chipped.com/ecu-tuning/Audi-A4-B5-18L-Turbo-2001-170hp-stage2

JessB878
01-06-2015, 07:43 AM
Why are you replacing the lifters? Fuel filter I understand. And you don't have lag in the higher rpm. In the higher rpm, the k03 basically runs out of efficiency. It's a really small turbo. It's more of a low to mid range turbo.

I'm going to check them before I replace them - one of the things on my to do list for the weekend. It more or less feels like the car cuts out, but I don't ever recall it doing that before and I have been stage 2 for a while now. At the same time I didn't really get on the car for a while cuz it was down for a year and a half and I was just happy to be driving it again haha. Figured it's worth doing some smaller maintenance stuff to see if it helps but I also figured it might just be cuz its stock turbo.

harrowb5
01-06-2015, 11:07 AM
Quick question are you still running a Cat????

JessB878
01-06-2015, 12:17 PM
Quick question are you still running a Cat????

Nope have a downpipe

Seerlah
01-06-2015, 02:34 PM
Lifters aren't going to make your car feel like it is going to cut out. They are there for control between the valve seat and cam lobe. Bad lifters would cause clicking. Or if one gets stuck, you would know because the valve head would have contacted the piston. Save your money and look elsewhere for you issue. Most likely an electrical issue.

harrowb5
01-06-2015, 02:47 PM
Okay have you check your dv, n75 valve, and intercooler piping for boost leaks? And do you have boost gauge.

JessB878
01-07-2015, 05:57 AM
Okay have you check your dv, n75 valve, and intercooler piping for boost leaks? And do you have boost gauge.

Yep - dv is newer/working fine, N75 valve replaced with manual boost controller, and there is 0 boost leaks. I do have a boost gauge that is working good it peaks at like 18psi and holds around 14/15ish.

JessB878
01-07-2015, 06:03 AM
Lifters aren't going to make your car feel like it is going to cut out. They are there for control between the valve seat and cam lobe. Bad lifters would cause clicking. Or if one gets stuck, you would know because the valve head would have contacted the piston. Save your money and look elsewhere for you issue. Most likely an electrical issue.

Yeah, I knew the lifters wouldn't be the cause of the cutting out - more or less something I figured I should check since as far as I know they are the same from the factory, but if there's no clicking think I should just not worry about it? I am thinking it could also maybe be an ignition issue?