PDA

View Full Version : Why is there no info on this turbo?

2cB51.8t
01-01-2015, 10:36 PM
I blew up a couple more turbos on my B5. Now im stalking turbos online till my eyes bleed again. Im looking into frankenturbo.....But then I came across this turbo....

Here is a link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/A4-Passat-BIG-K04-Turbo-upgrade-1-8T-upgraded-K04-015-Turbocharger-AEB-APU-audi-/281513460228?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item418b828204&vxp=mtr

Its a Blaast Performance "k04" but its looks considerably bigger than a k04.

-Compressor impeller: 41.6 X 59 mm - extended tip-technology... (COMPARE....OEM k03 is only 36mm/50mm)

-Turbine impeller: 44.5 X 50mm.......... (COMPARE....OEM K03 is only 40mm/45mm, TT-225hp is only 42mm/50mm)

It also says it requires same fuel ugprades and tune as a GT2860RS and that it has a 55mm inlet
Made by borgwarner.....
I cant understand why a frankenturbo would be better than this turbo. Maybe Im missing something.

Anybody with experience with these? You would think they would be pretty popular....

biketsai
01-01-2015, 10:41 PM
Ebay K04. Please search, it's covered about 3 times a week. They could be trash.

2cB51.8t
01-01-2015, 10:47 PM
Dude.....Ive searched a ton. Im not a fucking idiot Ive already blown up an ebay ko4 which was trash. This one is by blast performance. People say they are a good company. Supposedly made by Borgwarner. Im looking for a genuine discussion. Not quick opinionated responses.

biketsai
01-01-2015, 11:08 PM
If it were made by Borg Warner, it would say so. I can't imagine anyone in this community that has heard of that turbo brand. A five second google search shows that this company sells bad parts. You would be a fucking idiot to replace two knockoff turbos that have no reputation. It seems that you have already searched a bunch yet still put a ebay k04 in your car previously. It is your car, your money, just my opinion (because who has facts about a POS turbo?)

biketsai
01-01-2015, 11:11 PM
"Significant POWER gains over stock! While we rate this turbo at 300HP, it's not rare customers report making 300+WHP with it!
" LOL

2cB51.8t
01-01-2015, 11:25 PM
You dont know shit about my car experiences guy.....I blew up a ebay k04 in the past before I knew better thats all you know... The last turbo I blew up was a KKK TURBO......this one looked different than the other cheap shit.....You ever heard of LCE performance for toyota? I have a garrett turbo from them that doesnt say garrett anywhere on the face of the compressor! Only on the back of the bottom side of it

mpsmith
01-01-2015, 11:35 PM
You dont know shit about my car experiences guy.....I blew up a ebay k04 in the past before I knew better thats all you know... The last turbo I blew up was a KKK TURBO......this one looked different than the other cheap shit.....You ever heard of LCE performance for toyota? I have a garrett turbo from them that doesnt say garrett anywhere on the face of the compressor! Only on the back of the bottom side of it

Buddy he's trying to help you and you're bashing him. Have some humility and respect, seriously.

gmx
01-02-2015, 03:45 AM
Eventually the turbine housing becomes a restriction even if ported. This is why you don't see crazy hybrids and they tend to be around the 280-350hp mark max. Check out Loba/Badger 5 and their results & feedback on this matter.
Essentially, don't do it, even if it's reliable it'll likely just be a laggy EGT-tastic, turbine housing backpressure beast.

GrapeBandit
01-02-2015, 05:42 AM
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/622095-Gonzo-GTTx-Hybrid-K04-for-our-cars!
this is what you want

chris164935
01-02-2015, 08:17 AM
If anything, I would be more concerned with why I was going through turbos like they were spark plugs. I can see you blowing up an Ebay turbo, but a genuine Borg Warner? Do you have sludge issues? Are you running a restrictor on the oil inlet line? Is the oil drain line properly installed and not kinking? Do you have some form of boost regulation such a manual/electronic boost controller? DV/BOV is working properly?

2cB51.8t
01-02-2015, 10:28 AM
If anything, I would be more concerned with why I was going through turbos like they were spark plugs. I can see you blowing up an Ebay turbo, but a genuine Borg Warner? Do you have sludge issues? Are you running a restrictor on the oil inlet line? Is the oil drain line properly installed and not kinking? Do you have some form of boost regulation such a manual/electronic boost controller? DV/BOV is working properly?

Good point that did cross my mind.......the first one (cheap ebay ko4) the turbine shaft seared completely in half then started dumping oil into my exhaust very fast making a shit ton of smoke and no longer made boost, which happened in the middle of a second gear pull. The borgwarner still actually works(makes boost) but is slowly pooling oil into the exhaust after shutdowns. Then smoking alot on start ups till warm then tapers down a bit but still smokes while driving....Ive taken off the sump already while doing the oil pan so thats clean....got a mbc as well...and new d/v..I was going to look into crank case pressure.....I still have to buy a turbo tho and I dont want to buy garbage thats why I was asking about this one. I probably wont buy it but the only reason it interests me is the larger 55mm intake and compressor wheel

2cB51.8t
01-02-2015, 10:38 AM
You are right i apologize. I got a lil defensive.....I just dont like it when people treat me like a fool. It not my first time around the block. I have a fully built 2.7l toyota tacoma with forged internals and a legit Garrett turbo. I was just curious about this turbo because it has a larger inlet (55MM) and larger compressor than a f21 from what it looks like.....I am not throwing down $750 on one of those dinky china replicas.....I really made this thread as a last resort

chris164935
01-02-2015, 10:55 AM
Figure out why you're blowing oil seals and then just get the BorgWarner turbo rebuilt. That would be the cheapest and probably best route to go.

2cB51.8t
01-02-2015, 11:15 AM
Figure out why you're blowing oil seals and then just get the BorgWarner turbo rebuilt. That would be the cheapest and probably best route to go.

Thats the thing im tuned by k0mpresed for a k04......I put the factory k03 back on because it was laying around.....I did kinda beat on it lol.....if im spending money i might as well get some power increase