PDA

View Full Version : Turn signal wiring

JaysA4
12-30-2014, 12:26 PM
I bought the car a while ago with aftermarket/cheap headlights already on the car. They have "DRL" led strips. So when I turn my headlights on, only the Low/High beams and the DRLs turn on, no amber 'parking' lights. Well I hate the damn DRLS and want to run only the amber parking lights while my Low/Highs are on. Pulled the housings out and I have this (see pic). There's only a power and ground running to the actual turn signal here, correct? Now on the OEM housings are there three inputs for all three wires? Am I stuck with no illuminated ambers with lights on? http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/30/93d0c479c7b08cce41ddb1c4bf93800e.jpg

Articus
12-30-2014, 05:36 PM
Yes. There are 3 prongs on the US spec turn signal holder. To get parking lights on with those headlights is going to be tricky because it doesn't even look like you can take an OEM turn signal bulb holder and put it in those headlights based on the shape of the one pictured.
The US bulbs are dual filament and need two contacts in the socket of the bulb holder for the separate filaments.That unfortunately makes modding the current bulb holder pretty difficult as well.