PDA

View Full Version : Pod filter situation.

xthealienatorx
12-13-2014, 08:45 AM
Hey all. I just put a spectre pod filter on about a week ago, I took out all of the stock stuff and I'm going to make a fiberglass housing for it (like 034's carbon one) when I get round to it. But it is loud!!! Like a loud hum that resonates throughout the car. Is it because the is nothing to baffle it? I can line the housing in foam?
My other problem is the sai. Advance and Auto Zone did not have a filter big enough for it. But I've also heard of deleting the sai. What does deleting it do? Good, bad? And if I went that route, does anybody know of a link for the 2.8? Or should I just spend more money on a 1 inch filter.

Davdraco1
12-13-2014, 02:21 PM
Are you making more then 300 hp?

Mad Cow
12-13-2014, 03:12 PM
Are you making more then 300 hp?

Seeing as he's asking about a 2.8, I'm gonna go with not even close.

If you're not after the induction sound, and you have a stock motor, why would you rip out the stock airbox? I'm not understanding the logic here.

Davdraco1
12-13-2014, 05:28 PM
That's exactly what I was getting at. Your honestly just dumping useless money into it unless this is what you've had your heart set on for your whole life. Lol. Spend money on good set of tires or a brakes upgrade of sorts. Much more benificial.

xthealienatorx
12-13-2014, 07:59 PM
I understand what you guys are getting at. It was more of aesthetics and a little bit of sound. But not that loud. But it has made my car a bit more responsive and smooth. And with what I already had it worked out cheaper than getting a good stock filter. I'm mainly interested in the sai. The pipe that connects to the front of the engine, the clip is broken.

DeathKing
12-14-2014, 02:22 AM
I'm guessing that the SAI pump is unfiltered at the moment and from what I've been told will make an interesting noise. Just buy a 1" filter on Amazon or eBay.

I'm in the process of building my 2.8 intake as well. It's cheap and the 2.8 sounds good so why not.