PDA

View Full Version : splitter valve connection ?

spencerxog
12-12-2014, 01:59 PM
So I have have a splitter valve? It's in my inlet pipe with the bottom connection in the tip and the side connection going to the lower pipe into the intercooler.. it's running as hybrid and I don't feel any air coming out of the blow off side... my friends hks you can feel the sir released.. is there a better way to make it sound better or certain amount of ticks even tho I already played with that so it reaches my highest psi

spencerxog
12-12-2014, 02:03 PM
Idk how to upload pictures.... but the bottom is plugged into the tip

walky_talky20
12-12-2014, 09:23 PM
You've got it backwards. The splitter valve is designed to only be installed 1 way. The bottom port (directly opposite the vacuum line) must be connected to the charge pipe (aka lower intercooler pipe). It must see boost. The side port connects to the Turbo Inlet Pipe (TIP).

spencerxog
12-13-2014, 11:31 AM
You've got it backwards. The splitter valve is designed to only be installed 1 way. The bottom port (directly opposite the vacuum line) must be connected to the charge pipe (aka lower intercooler pipe). It must see boost. The side port connects to the Turbo Inlet Pipe (TIP). thanks dude.. I actually ran it as full blow off from the charge pipe and it sounds a lot better but there's still a lot of flutter.. I might switch it back as hybrid... you know how many ticks I should be at if I'm at 10psi?

walky_talky20
12-13-2014, 06:24 PM
You only want the small port to vent. Recirc the large port. Otherwise you create a huge intake leak at idle.

The adjustment is less about how much boost you run and more about how much you want to trade off cool sound for fuel metering inaccuracies.

You want to run it right enough that it's not fully open at idle, but not tight enough to chatter at idle. Then loosen a bit extra if you want more noise.

20 clicks is probably a good starting point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk