PDA

View Full Version : Alignment issues..

xthealienatorx
12-03-2014, 04:15 PM
Hey all, after I did my motor mounts my car started pulling hard to the right, so I went to our local general auto shop as the others are rare and crazy priced, and had it aligned. But it still pulls, but not as bad.
Here is the spec sheet. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/03/688e7f4a58b2b637c0af7d1caa9279d3.jpg
As I knew, our cars have no camber adjustment and they mentioned they couldn't do anything to it, but considering its off, does that mean my suspension has gone "soft?" Still original factory.
So, what could be causing my pulling? Tires?

seanf86
12-03-2014, 04:27 PM
Looks like they used wrong specs, does your car have standard or sport suspension? That's also a b6 spec sheet 8e\8h is b6 chassis. The specs look alright if your car has sport suspension the specs allow slightly more camber.

xthealienatorx
12-03-2014, 05:16 PM
I'm really not entirely sure, but I don't think so. Definitely is a b5 though..

seanf86
12-03-2014, 05:25 PM
I'm really not entirely sure, but I don't think so. Definitely is a b5 though..

If everything is original are your front and rear shocks red or black, red ones are sport suspension shocks

ricekikr
12-03-2014, 06:25 PM
Try switching your tires. Fl to fr and rr to rl.

I wouldn't worry about your camber as long as it's even.

Any other parts changed when you did your mounts? Was it already pulling before the mount change?

xthealienatorx
12-04-2014, 04:04 AM
If everything is original are your front and rear shocks red or black, red ones are sport suspension shocks
Black

xthealienatorx
12-04-2014, 04:06 AM

Any other parts changed when you did your mounts? Was it already pulling before the mount change?
I was pulling very slightly under braking, then after the mounts, If you let go of the wheel your taking a left turn, now it's just a little pull all the time. But I did switch my tires left to right at the same time I did the mounts, so I might switch it back to test. Continental DWS btw, if that means anything to you guys.

xthealienatorx
12-04-2014, 04:07 AM

It was pulling very slightly under braking, then after the mounts, If you let go of the wheel your taking a right turn, now it's just a little pull all the time. But I did switch my tires left to right at the same time I did the mounts, so I might switch it back to test. Continental DWS btw, if that means anything to you guys.

xthealienatorx
12-15-2014, 06:21 AM
Switched the tires, now pulling slightly left.. Would front to rear help?

Bordom
12-15-2014, 06:49 AM
Switched the tires, now pulling slightly left.. Would front to rear help?

Pulling associated with switching wheels is indicative of incorrectly worn tires. Based on your spreadsheet of alignment specs before getting it done, the large amount of negative toe has worn out your tire, which is why you are experiencing pull left/right.

I would replace the two fronts to be safe. Rears should be fine.

walky_talky20
12-15-2014, 07:04 AM
^Agree, Toe was totally whack before this alignment. (And still not perfect, but a lot better).

If it were mine, I'd probably swap the tires around Front/Back and Left/Right as necessary to minimize pull, and then drive for a bit. See if they wear in a little better.