PDA

View Full Version : < 3bar fuel pressure regulator



bitterchild
09-02-2005, 05:21 PM
Hi,
Anyone know where I can get a 2-5bar or similar fpr? I have the 3-5bar ecstuning fpr but I need to get into 3x psi. Before anyone says ECS, they're backordered. TIA

I've seen a tyrolsport mentioned on AW but can't find the fpr. Also pro-imports in MD so I guess I'll go over to see those guys

mike-2ptzero
09-02-2005, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by bitterchild
Hi,
Anyone know where I can get a 2-5bar or similar fpr? I have the 3-5bar ecstuning fpr but I need to get into 3x psi. Before anyone says ECS, they're backordered. TIA

I've seen a tyrolsport mentioned on AW but can't find the fpr. Also pro-imports in MD so I guess I'll go over to see those guys


Here you go. click and look half way down the page (http://www.tyrolsport.com/vwperformance.htm)

k0mpresd
09-02-2005, 09:43 PM
i have a tyrolsport fpr

good stuff [up]

OutkastSL
09-02-2005, 10:29 PM
i got mine from the guy that runs this http://clam.rutgers.edu/~dreadsct/resell/1.8T_injectors.htm

his name is scott and his prices are pretty good. he has it in stock too. it's the same one that ecutuning has. i think his email is scott@usrallyteam.com he'll be able to hook you up.

bitterchild
09-03-2005, 08:32 AM
How much better are his prices? $150 seems about market retail. I think I might just go to pro imports u the street and pick one up from them.

NM, pro-imp is out of stock til wed.

BuffysRS4
09-03-2005, 08:56 AM
[rs4] you can try Weapon-R, I got tired of waiting for ECS to get out of backordered Bosch ones, so I got mine from Weapon-R with a gauge and an adapter for the OEM fpr location for about $120 just needed to buy some 3/8" FIH

k0mpresd
09-03-2005, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by OutkastSL
i got mine from the guy that runs this http://clam.rutgers.edu/~dreadsct/resell/1.8T_injectors.htm

his name is scott and his prices are pretty good. he has it in stock too. it's the same one that ecutuning has. i think his email is scott@usrallyteam.com he'll be able to hook you up.
scott f williams

nice guy..really knows his stuff about fueling

his prices are so-so though

b00st
09-03-2005, 10:17 AM
EVOMS sold me mine.

bitterchild
09-03-2005, 10:51 AM
I'm talking to scott right now, interesting guy. We'll see about his prices. as for weapon R, i would have bought the ecs gauge to keep the stock fuel hose instead of going to 3/8" and whatever fpr.

alen
09-03-2005, 11:38 AM
i called ecs cause i wanted just the gauge. they don't have any and even if they did they don't sell them separately. ebay is your friend man. i got a nice quality gauge (0-100 psi) for like 25 bucks.

bitterchild
09-04-2005, 07:50 AM
I might just keep the 3bar fpr and tune the maf housing and trim the maf signals. So much work...

BadBora
09-05-2005, 07:38 AM
Hey can someone tell me what are your setting on those thing it seems like im not getting any extra boost so i just stop messing with mine ?

OutkastSL
09-05-2005, 10:45 AM
right now i'm at 42psi which is approximately 2.8-2.9bar. i didn't want it too lean so just to play it safe until i get my car logged on a wideband.

mike-2ptzero
09-05-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by BadBora
Hey can someone tell me what are your setting on those thing it seems like im not getting any extra boost so i just stop messing with mine ?

Extra boost? Are you asking about the setting for an adjustable fuel pressure regulator or a boost controller?

bitterchild
09-06-2005, 08:47 AM
just an update for anyone that cares, i kept the 3-6bar. Set it low at 48psi and swapped maf housings. plugs still read rich but the grand strap isn't fouling. Runs decent enough to get around :p Engine oil is definetely getting thinned by the gas though