PDA

View Full Version : Tuning / Best MAF

un1ko
11-28-2014, 01:06 PM
For tuning I have Eurodyne and I heard that you can tune your car better if you use a MAF. Once your car is tuned the way you like it you can go back to MAFless.

My question is since I'm looking to make 500 - 600hp what would be the best MAF to go with? I see there's a lot of options. I didn't find much when I searched comparing each MAF.

Which MAF is more accurate? Bosch or Hitachi

What size is better? 3", 3.5", 4"

I have a Comp 6465, so the inducer is 64mm. The compressor housing has a 4" inlet and 3" outlet with a 85 a/r.

redline380
11-28-2014, 01:08 PM
Who's tuning it?

un1ko
11-28-2014, 01:19 PM
Who's tuning it?

The plan is for me to take a stab at it. If I can't tune it right, I'll have someone else do it.

redline380
11-28-2014, 01:22 PM
The plan is for me to take a stab at it. If I can't tune it right, I'll have someone else do it.

I'd personally just have someone else do it. BUT, if I were to run an MAF in your position, I would just load the file with the biggest MAF on it. If that isn't the base map you want to use, just copy the values and paste it onto the base map you do want to use. That would be a good start, and a lot less work than doing everything yourself.

un1ko
11-28-2014, 02:41 PM
I'd personally just have someone else do it. BUT, if I were to run an MAF in your position, I would just load the file with the biggest MAF on it. If that isn't the base map you want to use, just copy the values and paste it onto the base map you do want to use. That would be a good start, and a lot less work than doing everything yourself.

If I had extra cash I'd have someone else do the tuning for me, but I don't. Plus I do want to learn how work this thing. I will check, but I think I am using the biggest MAF base file - AWP SEM 80mm 1000cc, I will double check though.

un1ko
12-03-2014, 07:09 AM
I'm doing research and in vwvortex someone suggested HPX MAF

http://www.pmas-maf.com/mass-air-sensors.php

I'm going to look around and see if any Audis are using it. I just thought I'd share.