PDA

View Full Version : Nelson Racing Engines Turbos

BlueBoostedAudi
11-21-2014, 06:23 PM
Who ever is looking to upgrade their turbo should get a NRE turbo!
Claims 100 more hp than any other turbo on the market! NRE are coming out with a 62mm and a 65mm in a few months and they only cost 1800$ each!

alexvanlewen
11-21-2014, 07:14 PM
Beastttt

un1ko
11-24-2014, 07:22 AM
That'd be interested to see. Are you planning on buying one?

What NRE do.. Change the compressor wheel from a Turbonetics and also the housings?

BlueBoostedAudi
11-24-2014, 12:59 PM
That'd be interested to see. Are you planning on buying one?

What NRE do.. Change the compressor wheel from a Turbonetics and also the housings?

If I got the money to get one when they come I will!
I believe he makes his commpressor wheels in house. NRE are the only ppl in the world (that i know of) that makes a symmetrical turbo.
I dont think he uses turbonetics center housing but I could be wrong.

pbcrazy
11-24-2014, 01:28 PM
NRE are the only ppl in the world (that i know of) that makes a symmetrical turbo.

Thats because 1. It is a patented design, and 2. It makes absolute no more power or have any benefit whatsoever over non-symmetrical. It just looks pretty

fed0ra
11-24-2014, 02:30 PM
I would love to see some dyno proof of this "100hp more than any other turbo" claim. I want to see a single NRE 72mm turbo vs a leading brand's (ie Garrett, Precision, BW, etc.) 72mm turbo and see this magic 100hp increase. Same engine, same everything, just swap out the turbo.

I'm not doubting that the turbos make lots of power, but those are big effing turbos so no matter what brand it is they will make big effing power. But Garrett could claim that their turbos make 1000hp more than anyone else but without any data to back it up it is a worthless statement.

BlueBoostedAudi
11-24-2014, 02:38 PM
Thats because 1. It is a patented design, and 2. It makes absolute no more power or have any benefit whatsoever over non-symmetrical. It just looks pretty

I understand that. But although the symmetrical look may not make any more power than a non symmetrical look maybe the turbos will!
NRE claim 100 more hp than any turbo on the market. If this is true than his turbos will make more power than other turbos of that size

BlueBoostedAudi
11-24-2014, 02:42 PM
I would love to see some dyno proof of this "100hp more than any other turbo" claim. I want to see a single NRE 72mm turbo vs a leading brand's (ie Garrett, Precision, BW, etc.) 72mm turbo and see this magic 100hp increase. Same engine, same everything, just swap out the turbo.

I'm not doubting that the turbos make lots of power, but those are big effing turbos so no matter what brand it is they will make big effing power. But Garrett could claim that their turbos make 1000hp more than anyone else but without any data to back it up it is a worthless statement.

I would also like to see this!

Seerlah
11-24-2014, 03:49 PM
With that price might as well buy an EFR. Those are at least tried and proven, versus speculations. Not down playing that turbo at all. But...real world proof would be necessary to justify.

HansAutoParts
11-24-2014, 04:37 PM
Does the turbo come with a chip or an ECU reflash? 100 HP more should require some more tuning than just more boost.

GrapeBandit
11-24-2014, 04:42 PM
symmetrical turbo. lol....hokey pokey bullshit

redline380
11-24-2014, 05:04 PM
Does the turbo come with a chip or an ECU reflash? 100 HP more should require some more tuning than just more boost.

http://endlessgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Spam-Can.jpg

viceprp
11-24-2014, 06:34 PM
Symmetrical turbos make sense for the twin turbo v8. Makes it look good and easier to make the plumbing. A 67mm on a 2.0t will make over 1000chp. I don't see his claim being too far fetched in the v8 twin turbo world.

un1ko
11-25-2014, 07:24 AM
If I got the money to get one when they come I will!
I believe he makes his commpressor wheels in house. NRE are the only ppl in the world (that i know of) that makes a symmetrical turbo.
I dont think he uses turbonetics center housing but I could be wrong.

As you can see the CHRA is from turbonetics, that's why I said that I think NRE probably just chances the compressor wheel and the housings. Forced Performance kind of does that. If you buy it let me know.

http://www.nelsonracingengines.com/assets/galleries/407/nre-mit-72mm-5366.jpg