PDA

View Full Version : Radio fuse question

alm70
11-11-2014, 07:31 AM
Sorry if this is a simple question that I should know the answer to. I searched the forum and didn't find what I was looking for. I'm trying to pull a fuse that goes to the radio.
I checked the manual expecting there to be a specific one for the radio, but there is not. Obviously the same information is on the panels inside the door. The radio must be tied into
one of the other fuses, but I can't figure out which one?

I'm trying to disconnect/unplug the radio because I think there may be a draw of power coming from the radio draining my battery.

I also had thought to unplug the amp in the trunk, but I'm not sure if that would be a good test for my problem.

Thanks in advance for any information

alm70
11-11-2014, 07:35 AM
The car is a 2007 4.2.

amirmousa00
11-11-2014, 09:38 AM
I really don't think there is a specific fuse for the radio but there is a Fuse layout in the luggage compartment right side by the jack.
I know that the Bose Amp fuse is there as will as the Digital Tuner fuse and a antenna fuse.

amirmousa00
11-11-2014, 09:58 AM
So I looked more into it and before you look into all that I think that u should update your MMI and make sure it's the latest version.. I found a TSB on the radio killing the battery and the resolution was to update the MMI.
Here is a Link if your interested
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281433675449?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
I think you should start here.
Here is the TSB
Condition

The vehicle battery is or is almost discharged and the Energy Management Control Module J644 indicates an increased static current in order of 700 mA.

Technical Background

Due to a software issue, the Radio R might not enter sleep mode if the ignition is turned off and the radio power remains on.

Production Solution

Software improvement within Model Year 2007.

sun_dance
11-11-2014, 11:17 AM
here's a good place to pick-up the MMI CDs direct from Audi for $25: http://genuineaudiparts.com/parts/index.cfm?searchText=4F0998961+&make=Audi&action=oePartSearch&siteid=214407

So I looked more into it and before you look into all that I think that u should update your MMI and make sure it's the latest version.. I found a TSB on the radio killing the battery and the resolution was to update the MMI.
Here is a Link if your interested
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281433675449?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
I think you should start here.
Here is the TSB
Condition

The vehicle battery is or is almost discharged and the Energy Management Control Module J644 indicates an increased static current in order of 700 mA.

Technical Background

Due to a software issue, the Radio R might not enter sleep mode if the ignition is turned off and the radio power remains on.

Production Solution

Software improvement within Model Year 2007.

alm70
11-11-2014, 03:04 PM
WOW! Thanks for not only taking the time to write, but also doing a little more research (which somehow I missed this TSB in my search) I was assuming power was being drawn from somewhere
and had heard stories of it being the radio so maybe I wasn't too far off after all. This update will certainly be my first thing to do. Thanks.

And thanks sun_for the link!

alm70
12-14-2014, 03:34 PM
UPDATE: So my car (ok it's my wife's car) has been starting great since I unplugged the amp so now it is time to get the software mentioned above updated. My current version is
SW: L6-HU 33.6.0 0632 (another set of numbers is HW: L6-HU 6303D20)

Do I need to update to another version first or can I jump right up the the software mentioned in the link above…which I don't know the version number, but just the part number 4F0998961
or do I need to update to some version in between first?

Also, in the TSB I found it mentions connecting a battery charger. Is this just to hold all your settings or is it to actually keep charging the battery because the install could be lengthy?
Just asking because all I have is a trickle charger I use on my motorcycle during the winter.

Thanks for any input

sun_dance
12-14-2014, 05:18 PM
All you need is the mmi SW I linked to earlier. Follow the instructions in the tsb and you should be good to go.

If you are looking to updated the nav to the latest 2015 maps see my thread a couple of posts down and I've got one I can share

alm70
12-14-2014, 06:06 PM
Thanks sun_dance. I'll be purchasing the cd this week and have been reading the tsb to get familiar with the process.

I did notice your 2015 maps link. I'll probably be in touch about that soon. Thanks