PDA

View Full Version : thinking about switching to a c7/RS5 from M3. need some help

Mike3
11-08-2014, 11:05 AM
I currently have a E92 M3, and been wanting to get into another car. I have been considering a loaded C7 and RS5. I am a sucker for special edition cars like a M model, AMG, or RS. I like how there are fewer of them on the road, and driven by a certain type of person. While the C7 IMO is less "special" its such a mainstream car. I went a chevy dealership, they had like 7 vettes with a ton of people looking at them. Went to a audi dealership. While waiting for my sales guy, i was sitting in a showroom R8 v10. As you can tell i got a different feel from Audi right off the bat.

reason why i am looking at a c7 is because they offer such a great amount of looks, badass engine, performance. Also have a really good aftermarket. If i ever wanted to have 700HP i can.

I like the RS5 because its a low production number, it has AWD, high revving V8 (like my M3), they look sexy as hell, german made. but i am worried its not enough of a performance bump over my current M3. Also i feel the RS5 aftermarket lacks big time in comparison to the M3 or corvette. I would like to do a full exhaust and tune on the RS5. But i cant even find software for full exhaust RS5. I would probably daily drive my RS5 and buy another cheap sports car to build if it really came down to it though. So the aftermarket thing isnt a huge deal. But i like having the ability to play around with my cars.

Just wanted to get some thoughts from you guys. I ran my thoughts by family and friends, everyone has mixed feelings.

LINDW4LL
11-08-2014, 11:29 AM
Welcome to the 'zine. You're not going to get much extra power out of the RS5, it's more of a side-step from your M3, performance-wise, although the interior is a step up.

The C7 and M3 both have a ton of aftermarket. I don't think the RS5 sounds like a good fit.

AirmattRS5
11-08-2014, 12:13 PM
If you want power, get the c7. If you don't mind keeping the car relatively stock (engine wise), get the RS5. Personally, the modding bug has gone out of my system where I'm more than content with what the RS5 has to offer...not to mention the presence it commands on the road.

With that being said, I would not hesitate a trade for the c7z06 :p

Mike3
11-08-2014, 12:24 PM
If you want power, get the c7. If you don't mind keeping the car relatively stock (engine wise), get the RS5. Personally, the modding bug has gone out of my system where I'm more than content with what the RS5 has to offer...not to mention the presence it commands on the road.

With that being said, I would not hesitate a trade for the c7z06 :p

I would like to keep the car mainly stock, for reliability reasons. I just worry i will get bored, i am somewhat bored of my M3.

You say the modding bug is out of your system. I am guessing that means you hit a certain age where you didn't care to mod anymore. Is that the reason?

LINDW4LL
11-08-2014, 12:50 PM
I would like to keep the car mainly stock, for reliability reasons. I just worry i will get bored, i am somewhat bored of my M3.
Then you'll definitely be bored with the RS 5.

AirmattRS5
11-08-2014, 06:59 PM

You say the modding bug is out of your system. I am guessing that means you hit a certain age where you didn't care to mod anymore. Is that the reason?
I'm 30 now so I guess there are other priorities at this time that are more important than cars. Maybe when I'm in my mid life crisis I'll flip around.

Like what lindw4ll said, the rs5 will be a marginal improvement over the m3. I think the c7 is a good upgrade for you.

Beast
11-08-2014, 07:21 PM
Drive both, pick what you like best

Mike3
11-08-2014, 07:45 PM
Are they are real blowers out there for the RS5? I googled it and found one, but cant find any real reviews out there.

Brava
11-08-2014, 09:51 PM
I went from E92 M3 to RS5. Although on the same power level, the RS5 is a faster drive due to better traction.

Overall I'm happier with the RS5. But keep my cars stock always.

ENVē
11-08-2014, 10:14 PM
Hard choice. Both are GREAT cars.

RS5 if you dont want to change it

C7 if you want crazy stock performance and an awesome aftermarket.

Mike3
11-08-2014, 11:31 PM
Hard choice. Both are GREAT cars.

RS5 if you dont want to change it

C7 if you want crazy stock performance and an awesome aftermarket.

yes they are great cars. Another reason i am looking into the RS5 is because it will make my winter driving a lot less stressful. I run my M3 in the winters, and i have been getting by quite fine. The C7 is only going to make things worse, in fact it i might have to pick up another cheap car. So my aftermarket money might not even be there LOL.

its really hard. i love keeping my cars somewhat stock and worry free, yet i love playing around with mods. its really screwed up thing i put my self through.

I just cant get over how sexy the RS5 looks. I value the styling of a car a lot. I am getting the "blacked out package", with black rims. Will look so good on the roads.

probably leaning towards getting the RS5. on the sole reason of the way it looks, and offers OK perforuamce ( for me).

S4V8
11-09-2014, 03:47 AM
Best thing to do is to test it out. The Audi interior is superior to the BMW (my opinion), and performance is quite good. Perhaps change out the exhaust for an even sportier note, but if you go with the optional sport exhaust, that might do it for you? Again, test one out...I am sure you will not be disappointed! Exeterior looks are some of the best in the business....good luck!

LINDW4LL
11-09-2014, 09:49 AM
The only reason I suggested against the RS is that you said you're getting bored with the M3, and like I said, from a performance perspective, the RS5 is a side step. It won't be long before you're bored again.

I'm sure you'd enjoy the nicer interior and AWD though.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Mike3
11-09-2014, 10:03 AM
The only reason I suggested against the RS is that you said you're getting bored with the M3, and like I said, from a performance perspective, the RS5 is a side step. It won't be long before you're bored again.

I'm sure you'd enjoy the nicer interior and AWD though.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
I mean i probably need a GT3 or corvette Z06 to truly not get bored of the car. truth is i will always have a level of getting bored of the car i daily drive.

I value build quality,style of engine, style of car, and performance. the audi checks all of these fields for me. But the lack of jump in performance is what has me little worried like i said. I would love to get into a 991 911S, but not sure if they are worth 100k.

dalmation53
11-16-2014, 11:12 PM
911 Turbo S call it a day OP

QTROGMBH
11-17-2014, 10:01 AM
Drive one. Nothing has the feel of a Porsche. Direct steering, shifter (well at least for the ones where you can still get a manual shift), solid brake pedal.

I have a 2011 GT3...I've never driven anything better and I've driven everything from Daewoo Lanos to Bugatti Veyron GS...

LITNBOLT
11-17-2014, 10:31 AM
As an owner of both an RS5 and C6 Vet I wondered wheher I really needed both and after two full seasons I wouldn't part with either. The Vet is modded with 600hp and 525 fp of torque. It is also a convertible while the Audi is a hardtop. No mods on the Audi and little interest in doing so. The joy of having the Audi is that it makes it in all seasons while the Vet sleeps from November until April. The trade off is raw power versus good power with superior handling. I suggest that you get one of each!

dalmation53
11-17-2014, 01:56 PM
Drive one. Nothing has the feel of a Porsche. Direct steering, shifter (well at least for the ones where you can still get a manual shift), solid brake pedal.

I have a 2011 GT3...I've never driven anything better and I've driven everything from Daewoo Lanos to Bugatti Veyron GS...

GT3? Nice I bet your gas sucks due to all the fun you have in that beast huh?