PDA

View Full Version : Defrost problem

FormulaElement
11-07-2014, 09:14 AM
There was frost on my rear window this morning and I turned my defrost on and it didn't work. The light stays on for 5-10 minutes like normal but no heat. I checked the lines on the back window and none of them are broken.

I looked in the fuse box on the passenger side and didn't see anything defrost related, so I'm assuming the fuse is either in the engine or under the drivers side somewhere. Anyone know exactly where it is? (I'm assuming the fuse is fine because the car has never been in cold weather until I bought it, but I might as well check it)

I've looked around and haven't found much related to this with Audi's, all i've found was someone who had a wire disconnected at the dash, someone who had a wire disconnected at the rear defrost element, and someone who couldn't get it to work until he fixed the battery/alternator regulators.

VCDS does show that there's a battery regulator fault but I've never had a problem with the battery level, starting the car, or any of the other electronics.

Anyone have a suggestion where to go from here?

mk1scott
11-07-2014, 01:11 PM
I'd break out a multimeter and see if you are getting power to the back window.

FormulaElement
11-07-2014, 01:58 PM
I'd break out a multimeter and see if you are getting power to the back window.

Already did. Nothing unfortunately.