PDA

View Full Version : TPMS Option On RS5?

S4V8
11-03-2014, 09:41 AM
Is it possible to turn the TPMS off via the MMI? My RS5 came with this option and I am hoping I can turn it off when I put my winter wheels and tires on as I assume I will get a warning if I do not put TPMS sensors on the winter set I will be installing soon?

S4V8
11-03-2014, 09:43 AM
Is it true that there are no physical sensors on the wheels and that it is measured differently, meaning I do not need to put sensors on any after market wheels I install? Can someone confirm? I am now reading that the system is integrated with the ABS.

brianco
11-03-2014, 11:21 AM
Is it true that there are no physical sensors on the wheels and that it is measured differently, meaning I do not need to put sensors on any after market wheels I install? Can someone confirm? I am now reading that the system is integrated with the ABS.

That is correct. The RS5 has an Indirect TPMS that works on measuring individual wheel rotational speeds. I did exactly what you are planning to do this weekend by installing winter tires (slightly smaller diameter) and the TPMS warning light went off after a few miles. Someone else had done the mounting and balancing, but left one of the tires with too much air. After setting the pressures correctly on all four, and resetting the TPMS in the MMI, all is good.

S4V8
11-03-2014, 12:07 PM
That is correct. The RS5 has an Indirect TPMS that works on measuring individual wheel rotational speeds. I did exactly what you are planning to do this weekend by installing winter tires (slightly smaller diameter) and the TPMS warning light went off after a few miles. Someone else had done the mounting and balancing, but left one of the tires with too much air. After setting the pressures correctly on all four, and resetting the TPMS in the MMI, all is good.

Thank you for confirming.